New Flavor of the month

tourists24

Well here is the latest attempt to cut down routes to the bare minimum. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it too.

Instead of planning our routes with a planned stops per car based on dispatch numbers, mgt is taking past performances on all routes and planning them based on a 9.5 paid day. In other words if it is calculated that a driver has been able to run 150 stops in the past and make it in right at 9.5, then this is what the goal is......

iowa boy

They say that it's always good to have a set of goals. But these goals are supposed to be realistic so they can be attainable in real life, not in the UPS fantasy land.

tourists24

So far its been disastrous. Its bad enough that they are attempting to keep every single driver out til the last possible 9.5 second, but none of the routes are ever the same with all the mandated add/cuts. It looks good on paper but not on the road. Many 9.5 grievances already flowing in

DS

Fenderbender
Well here is the latest attempt to cut down routes to the bare minimum. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it too.

Instead of planning our routes with a planned stops per car based on dispatch numbers, mgt is taking past performances on all routes and planning them based on a 9.5 paid day. In other words if it is calculated that a driver has been able to run 150 stops in the past and make it in right at 9.5, then this is what the goal is......

Well as we all know every day is a is a whole new ball game.
The best approach would be to dispatch us with a our average instead of our most productive.
They believe if we have any extra time we will steal it,.
I call them about 3 days out of 5 to tell them I'm going to go over.
Why???? I say,I could go into detail,but it's really irrelevant.

Last edited:

tourists24

All those runners/gunners who would fly through the day and skip their lunch are now dispatched with more stops to keep them out til 9.5 also. It is coming back to haunt them

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I thought the flavor of the month was Dingle Berry.
drooling-homer-simpson1.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Have everyone in your building get on the 9.5 list and file every time the contract is violated. I'd LOVE for our center to adopt this policy! You could stand to make some serious bank

tourists24

Have everyone in your building get on the 9.5 list and file every time the contract is violated. I'd LOVE for our center to adopt this policy! You could stand to make some serious bank
We are off to a good start...lol the most grievances Ive seen in a long time and its only been going about a month

S

splozi

Is it common for them to cut a route after the loader has already loaded the truck?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Is it common for them to cut a route after the loader has already loaded the truck?
in my center it is not uncommon at ALL. of course the route is busted out at the last minute,and you are at least half an hour late getting out of the building

CAFAL

First of all,9.5 grievances don't exist in my center. Second,who cares? I. It's overtime. More$. We all knew this wasn't sure a 9 to 5 job. Just make the cash

tourists24

Not so much at my center. The center has already been dictated to early on how many routes they are allowed to have and it is always 5 or 6 too few. Most of our cuts are add/cuts from drivers who have been dispatched with way too much to drivers that simply have too much work....lol

tourists24

First of all,9.5 grievances don't exist in my center. Second,who cares? I. It's overtime. More$. We all knew this wasn't sure a 9 to 5 job. Just make the cash
Some drivers dont want all that overtime...... thats why we have language covering excessive overtime

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I care? Money isn't everything, it can't buy happiness and it sure as hell won't buy back every minute I miss out of my children's lives. You can only laugh your way to the bank with 13 hour dispatches in 100+ degree weather for so long.

DorkHead

This happens every July. No different from last year. I was just going over my over 9.5 grievances from 2011. Filed one last 3 weeks of June and first two of July. Vacation 2012 coming up fast.