New full time

cynic

Because it's all bull spit. On TEAMCare's website, the C6 plan (persons migrating from company-controlled insurance will have an enhanced plan, which is being circulated throughout this website) and Summary Plan Description. TEAMCare breaks health care into two categories: basic, and major medical. Basic services are typically covered for either a co-pay or at 100% (some exceptions) after the deductible has been met. Major medical is a broad term being used by TEAMCare for "everything else," its covered at 80%. In the C6 plan, both basic & major medical services are subject to a single, combined $1000/$2000 annual out-of-pocket limit (which includes your deductible). Most any reason you have to seek medical treatment will be covered by basic services. "Minor" medical does not exist in TEAMCare.

.......... <cropped for space>
People need to STOP this B.S. TEAMCare is EXCELLENT insurance that will come at a minimal additional cost compared to what we enjoy know. Non-union UPS employees covered by company-controlled plans currently pay $70+ weekly for family insurance that's inferior to what we will be getting.

​Get over it.

First, thank you for the excellent summary and background on the plan, it does give me some hope of being able to continue having the healthcare required for my wife. To those with terminal/critically ill family members (me) this is a financial make or break.

I'm foot-stomping, fill the cuss jar, thorn in paw pissed off with IBT and the local that neither has provided a damn bit of information to myself and others on TeamCare - and both the national and local rider passed. There's enough JPG's and PDF's of it floating around on this, and other, sites that you'd think IBT/locals would want to reduce the amount of "unofficial" information on healthcare getting spread around. But different aspects of the TA are more important to others than myself and vice versa.

oldngray

nowhere special
So I carefully researched TEAMCare, taking notes & reading the entire summary plan description and interviewing those who currently have it. You, OTOH, decided your opposition based on anonymous hearsay, largely from people who really know nothing about TEAMCare - and others who are upset that TEAMCare didn't cover their wife's breast implants.

​Seriously?

I have asked honest questions about Teamcare and gotten very different answers but overall its not as good as my current UPS plan even by your numbers. And my main concern with Teamcare is how it will be in real life situations, not the promises on paper.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I have asked honest questions about Teamcare and gotten very different answers but overall its not as good as my current UPS plan even by your numbers. And my main concern with Teamcare is how it will be in real life situations, not the promises on paper.

If we were to continue participation in company-controlled benefits, UPS wanted us to pay a portion of the premium -- and benefits would be diluted to more closely resemble management's. Yes, the current benefits are better -- that's hard to disagree. But UPS was not willing to continue to provide them, especially at no-cost; the IBT came up with an outstanding alternative. IBT got the most economically from UPS that it was going to receive. Perhaps we'll receive a signing bonus to ease the transition. Striking, when a minority of FT UPSers are in company-controlled plans, is not an option -- too much collateral damage.

IBT members in TEAMCare have verified that the plan pays out what it claims. Suggesting otherwise at this point is foolhardily. Get over the conspiracy theories, especially since nearly all derive from those NOT in TEAMCare.