New IVIS Thingy

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If this company handed out silver stars, you'd get one today. Thank you for your sacrifice.

It's even worse than I wrote. I had a radar fault and my adaptive cruise didn't work on the way to my TA. Then I was stuck sitting two hours at a meet point waiting for the other driver to show up. That wouldn't have been so bad but there was a lot of road noise and it kept waking me up.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Seriously, one of the drawbacks that some cannot deal with is the fact that I don't have to worry about the sun in my eyes like @Rick Ross did.

Ponder on that for a moment.

I try to get early starts (like 3-4 AM) when possible. The only time I ever struggle to stay awake is when the sun comes up on a run that starts before midnight. I'm fine all night but as soon as the sun comes up I could fall right to sleep.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Seriously, one of the drawbacks that some cannot deal with is the fact that I don't have to worry about the sun in my eyes like @Rick Ross did.

Ponder on that for a moment.

I'll almost certainly be on nights when I start, which is fine with me. I have an uncanny ability to wake up at any hour and go to sleep at any hour.

My father worked shifts before he retired and said he wished he had that same ability.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'll almost certainly be on nights when I start, which is fine with me. I have an uncanny ability to wake up at any hour and go to sleep at any hour.

My father worked shifts before he retired and said he wished he had that same ability.

It's good that you may have that hurdle conquered.

The next hurdle.....

Lose the package mentality.....slow down.

Enjoy the AC, Bluetooth, power windows, but never get in a hurry.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Get a solid pre and post trip routine and never, NEVER, change it. Safety is all that matters back here. And like Mugarolla says, lose the rush, rush PC mentality.

That kind of thinking will get you in trouble real quick.

There’s plenty of resources in this post. If you have a question or a problem, it’s been discussed here. Use it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's good that you may have that hurdle conquered.

The next hurdle.....

Lose the package mentality.....slow down.

Enjoy the AC, Bluetooth, power windows, but never get in a hurry.

Get a solid pre and post trip routine and never, NEVER, change it. Safety is all that matters back here. And like Mugarolla says, lose the rush, rush PC mentality.

That kind of thinking will get you in trouble real quick.

There’s plenty of resources in this post. If you have a question or a problem, it’s been discussed here. Use it.

I lost that mentality years ago. I learned real quick that they just shovel more on you the faster you go.

My old man was a truck driver when I was a kid before he changed careers. It really was his passion but he found himself being "not as sharp as he once was" in his own words, so he got out. Sure enough he's driving dump trucks in retirement now.

I have one helluva brain there that I can pick at any time. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yup. It would be a good system if it was reliable. Remember, they get them from the lowest bidder. You get what you pay for.
Best Buy had these phones on sale for awhile.... I don’t remember the exact amount they were going for but the $99 or $129 amount seems to ring a bell.... that is bottom dollar for a cell phone and ups probably received them cheaper that that....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are very buggy. Some days they work without a problem. Other days you reboot all day long.

When you find an IVIS that works well, keep it.

I was told the mounts and cases costs more than the old Samsung phones they use.
They are the bottom level Samsung’s.....crap