New Manager, new time allowance

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Come on, If you think they can't change allowances then you've been drinking too much brown cool aid. They can change lots of time allowances that affect your plan day without changing your piece allowance and thus they can still say they didn't personally change anything. For example: several years back they announced that they forgot to take back the time we gained from paper to diad and we would all be losing a half hour aday time allowances...several years later I've lost 1.5 hours for the same thing (same route) I've always done for 16 years...I've got reports from a IE that proves it...

Great story here:
After our center was time studied, we were all called in one by one with the head of the IE department for an expaination of the results. When a friend of mine was informed that she lost 30 minutes, her response was that she didn't lose anything. The IE guy looked at here inquizitively and said excuse me? She chimed in that she was paid by the hour and that if something was lost it would be on him to go back and find it. Needles to say that ended her time with said IE manager.

Great story here:
After our center was time studied, we were all called in one by one with the head of the IE department for an expaination of the results. When a friend of mine was informed that she lost 30 minutes, her response was that she didn't lose anything. The IE guy looked at here inquizitively and said excuse me? She chimed in that she was paid by the hour and that if something was lost it would be on him to go back and find it. Needles to say that ended her time with said IE manager.
and THAT was the best response. Smart gal.

wondering who dragged this thread up from the grave.
Well, Tie it only took me all of 30 seconds to figure that out, I'm thinking 10 for you. Whatever, why does it matter? This is a pretty informative thread and maybe a myth or two has been dispelled.

screamin chicken

Great just what this site needs! Another driver that has had a contract negotiated on his behalf, giving him the tools that he needs to lower his day, yet he complains that the union isn't doing anything!

How about you filing a 9.5! How about you requesting your two 8 hour requests monthly! The union cant force you to grow a set and the union cant file that grievance without you!
At my center they disbatch drivers not routes, the ones that work have more stops and the ones that slack get less stops and still can't make 9.5, I did use my 8 hr. request today and only had 125 thats a perfect day it gets old running 140-150 everyday, so i will start to use my 8 requets every other week now.

wornoutupser

Has your route had a time study performed recently? If not then it should not have changed.

Hey Tie,

My run has not had a time study in 22 years and now is in a car 3 sizes larger than it was then. My division manager says that time studies will not be done in my building. He also says that they cost too much. Miles do not count on my run either. I can vary up to 100 miles a day and the overallowed is much worse on the high mileage days than the low mileage days.
We went on PAS and were promised time studies on every run. NO time studies were done, were just get chewed out for running more overallowed with less allowances. My manager is also riding cars now to set SPORH. This is not fair in Florida as density is high because the snowbirds are here. They will be leaving and there will be 50-75% less density. This is already happening and we are threatened up to discharge for the overallowed.
If you can fix this mess, please come down to Central Florida. I would really appreciate FAIR allowances! Please PM me directly if you have a solution. Wornout