New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

PT Car Washer

My center is hiring more AM air drivers so the regular drivers can run stops in trace without having to break away. Also helps with the 9.5 grievances. Air drivers do not show up on the report of how many drivers the center is allowed to run that day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've never once pre-recorded a package. Why is this feature used? What's the purpose?
Really? Today I scanned the wrong package at a stop. It was the package for my next stop. I prerecorded it scanned the right package del it then opened it back up at the correct stop.

Brownslave688

My center is hiring more AM air drivers so the regular drivers can run stops in trace without having to break away. Also helps with the 9.5 grievances. Air drivers do not show up on the report of how many drivers the center is allowed to run that day.
I see this happening a lot moving forward. I really wish the union would push harder to make more 22.3 jobs out of these positions.

PT Car Washer

I see this happening a lot moving forward. I really wish the union would push harder to make more 22.3 jobs out of these positions.
The building I work out of is learning it is difficult to hire a qualified experienced delivery driver at $12/hr and 3 hours a day running air. There are 2 Art 22.3 bid sheets posted right now. Preload/air driver. Only 3 people have signed.

Brownslave688

The building I work out of is learning it is difficult to hire a qualified experienced delivery driver at $12/hr and 3 hours a day running air. There are 2 Art 22.3 bid sheets posted right now. Preload/air driver. Only 3 people have signed.
No drivers want to do preload and air?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
... but you'd also show up on the "pre-recorded airs" report, which, at least in my center, they don't want you on even if it is legitimate
If such a report exists I've never heard a peep and I pre-record over a dozen airs every morning (one stop). One huge business stop in a large office building has the RDL plus has stuff scattered on a couple different shelves mixed in with other stuff, so as I dig out stuff for that stop I add to the pre-recorded stop and deliver the other airs in the building then deliver that huge stop last before 10:30. I do it legit which could be why I've never heard anything about it, but we've never been told about that report and no one has been disciplined for it so who knows.

DSM515

It's only late if the customer calls it in and request a refund. It's not a automatic refund. If UPS were so upstanding they would automatically refund the customers money. Haha that will never happen because 90 percent of the people don't care if it's a few mins late.

Brownslave688

It's only late if the customer calls it in and request a refund. It's not a automatic refund. If UPS were so upstanding they would automatically refund the customers money. Haha that will never happen because 90 percent of the people don't care if it's a few mins late.
It's the shippers they worry about. Many big shippers have people that do nothing but look for ways to get refunds.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If such a report exists I've never heard a peep and I pre-record over a dozen airs every morning (one stop). One huge business stop in a large office building has the RDL plus has stuff scattered on a couple different shelves mixed in with other stuff, so as I dig out stuff for that stop I add to the pre-recorded stop and deliver the other airs in the building then deliver that huge stop last before 10:30. I do it legit which could be why I've never heard anything about it, but we've never been told about that report and no one has been disciplined for it so who knows.

As long as you close the stops out by the commit time you're fine. It's when you arrive at a very large bulk stop, where you may begin scanning before the commit time, but don't get the signature and close out the pre-recorded stops before the commit time that triggers the red flag.

What some would used to do is scan and pre-record and bunch of separate air stops, link them together using prerecord and the multiple-left at key, and then use one signature to close them all out. This way they avoid having late airs, can get multiple stops, and it can be done quicker than, say, DRing each stop individually.

FTR, I did not practice this stuff, but wanted to know why the crack down on using seemingly innocent options that were obviously put there for us to use at one time, and so I asked.

By The Book

Call me old school but if its late, it's late.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They can and do come apart. Just not as often. They weigh about twice as much as the 4L80 and 6L90.
Mine crapped out on me today. The "check trans" light came on and it went into some sort of a "limp" mode where all I had was 2nd gear and reverse. Of course, it happened at 6:00 up on the mountain when I had about 90 minutes worth of stops left to do. I had to wait over an hour for the tow truck to arrive and after he got me hooked up we both had to wait for the driver with a replacement car to finally get there. I brought 7 missed stops back and clocked out at about 9:00. The mechanic said the transmission itself was fine, the problem was in the wiring for the electronic unit that controls it. If the parts show up tonight I will have it back tomorrow. I was afraid that the whole tranny was shot and that I would be in some POS shop spare for weeks, I'm glad it is an EZ fix.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Where in t
Remember that the center manager doesn't control the punishment when this rule is now broken. So even if your the center manager's favorite pet, he must carry out the 1 day suspension for 1st offense and likely termination for 2nd. The DM quickly becomes aware of this red flag. center manager is in trouble if he doesn't in force this policy. I'm talking from experience here.
Where in the labor agreement does it say that the company has the right to arbitrarily issue a one-day suspension for a data-entry error without first going thru the progressive discipline process? I'm not doubting the fact that some brain-dead cubicle-dweller in Atlanta might have written a memo to that effect, but that doesn't give the company the right to circumvent the contract language.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Mine crapped out on me today. The "check trans" light came on and it went into some sort of a "limp" mode where all I had was 2nd gear and reverse. Of course, it happened at 6:00 up on the mountain when I had about 90 minutes worth of stops left to do. I had to wait over an hour for the tow truck to arrive and after he got me hooked up we both had to wait for the driver with a replacement car to finally get there. I brought 7 missed stops back and clocked out at about 9:00. The mechanic said the transmission itself was fine, the problem was in the wiring for the electronic unit that controls it. If the parts show up tonight I will have it back tomorrow. I was afraid that the whole tranny was shot and that I would be in some POS shop spare for weeks, I'm glad it is an EZ fix.
Most likely the neutral safety switch failed. Typical symptoms. Takes me about 5 minutes to replace one.

Last edited: