New negotiations update from TDU

stink219

I posted this in another forum, so apologies if it comes off harsh. It isn't directed at anyone here:

Ken P is praying on the fears of the weak with his pyramid scheme. Any organization that divides us is the antithesis of Teamster! He is so against multiple salaries yet he collects multiple salaries himself and hides his LM2's. He's so for the "democratic" process of electing officials, when was the last time he held a TDU executive election...NEVER. He and his executives are not even Teamsters. He hasn't paid dues since 1974. I could go on for days about the research I've done on that antiunion social communistic organization of Termites Destroying Unions. Ask yourself one question......What is Paff's vested interest in pursuing TDU. He can't be IBT president cuz he isn't a Teamster, so it's not Power. So it must be money! I could go further into the facts about tdu run locals and how they have an amazing failure rate. Contradictions on them reporting assumptions opposed to facts. The facts on they don't report on their own corruption or mob ties. My opinion of them are not to reflect the worker that may follow them. I just feel that they divide us as a union and that it's Ken P's cash cow.

Would you apply this "same" logic to CEO's who sit on multiple boards of other corporations and drawing the "same" multiple salaries? This business practice has been around for years in both the corporate world and the Union world, and yet, you only are critical of the union?

There are CEO's making TENS of MILLIONS of dollars each year collecting salaries from multiple companies just for attending a few meetings a year, how does this sit with you?

TENS of MILLIONS of dollars while they are cutting employees pay, healthcare, benefits and job security, and yet, you complain about Ken P?

Get your nonsense straight.

peace

TOS
Are you intentionally being a ignorant to my previous post? The point I was making was that Ken P is openly against a union official collecting multiple salaries but he collects multiple salaries himself. I love how these posters try to make a point I already made. I personally do not care if a union official, Ken P or CEO's collect multiple salaries. I was only making the point of it being contradictory to bash someone who receives the same monetary benefit. And to answer your question, if the employee needs to suffer for a CEO to live way beyond his means, I don't think that if fair at all. I'm a union steward, what else would you expect me to say?

InsideUPS

Are you intentionally being a ignorant to my previous post? The point I was making was that Ken P is openly against a union official collecting multiple salaries but he collects multiple salaries himself. I love how these posters try to make a point I already made. I personally do not care if a union official, Ken P or CEO's collect multiple salaries. I was only making the point of it being contradictory to bash someone who receives the same monetary benefit. And to answer your question, if the employee needs to suffer for a CEO to live way beyond his means, I don't think that if fair at all. I'm a union steward, what else would you expect me to say?

Hello Stink:

FWIW, I appreciated your comments on TDU and Ken P. I really was not aware of who he was or that he was the leader of TDU until your post. To be honest, your negative comments did not influence me one way or the other how I felt or currently feel about TDU and Ken P. I am basically a person that is skeptical of all leaders. As I had mentioned in a different thread, I believe having some form of criticism from an opponent is good for us all. I do enjoy reading TDU information but I am not so naive to believe that he or his organization is perfect.

Wikipedia had some additional information on Ken P. Ken P - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia According to Wikipedia, he certainly has a wide variety of credentials including an education at Berkeley in the field of physics and a significant background in labor.

I do appreciate the early information that TDU has provided however, speaking on the side of why a "Brownout" of information is important or required, I suppose there could be some policy between our Union negotiators and UPS about prematurely discussing the contract.........especially since this could adversely affect UPS business.

In the meantime......we are all big boys and girls and can censor, ignore, or reply to issues here and elsewhere as provided by our First Amendment to the United States Constitution (in accordance with BrownCafe rules). So Stink.....I hope you're happy that you have not violated that Big Contract Book we call the Constitution.

However......for those Union stewards who really enjoy digging further into contract language......

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[friend]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[friend]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2]

[/SUP]

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No, YOU don't care. Never said it wasn't a source of info. But I'll be damned if you think I'll adhere to your request. Your speaking for yourself, not everyone. I think there are a lot of anti TDUers on this site. I was asked my opinion on why I didn't like them. This site is all about opinions. It's obvious that its a sensitive subject for you. I guess it's ok for tdu to post negativity about our union but I get crap for doing it against tdu? You can get your info from any source you want. INTHEGAME understood where my post was in an answer to another, but you were too busy seething with obvious contempt in order to stifle me. That will never happen!

Are you refuting the news TDU as brought us? Do you have any other news to share with us?

Not a damn thing you've written has contributed to this thread. Stop thread crapping. If you have issues with the ethics of TDU, start a thread on it. Honestly, we -- not just me -- don't care.

stink219

No, YOU don't care. Never said it wasn't a source of info. But I'll be damned if you think I'll adhere to your request. Your speaking for yourself, not everyone. I think there are a lot of anti TDUers on this site. I was asked my opinion on why I didn't like them. This site is all about opinions. It's obvious that its a sensitive subject for you. I guess it's ok for tdu to post negativity about our union but I get crap for doing it against tdu? You can get your info from any source you want. INTHEGAME understood where my post was in an answer to another, but you were too busy seething with obvious contempt in order to stifle me. That will never happen!

Are you refuting the news TDU as brought us? Do you have any other news to share with us?

Not a damn thing you've written has contributed to this thread. Stop thread crapping. If you have issues with the ethics of TDU, start a thread on it. Honestly, we -- not just me -- don't care.
I'm not refuting this info on tdu, but this is old news. Heard it a month ago. As did most people on here. Much has been updated since then. You should ask your BA for info. Btw, I get more likes from my tdu posts than anything else I post. It's apparent by your dialog that you are a staunch supporter of tdu. I could care less. It's your right. You just seem to want me to stifle my negativity of the Termites Destroying Unions but it's ok for them to smear my union? I don't think so buddy. Once and finally, I was ASKED why I don't like them and I responded. Why can't you understand that? Do you even comprehend that? Did you even read that? No offense, but it's better for someone to think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. It will be my last post about tdu on this thread, unless of course you open your mouth.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I'm not refuting this info on tdu, but this is old news. Heard it a month ago. As did most people on here. Much has been updated since then. You should ask your BA for info. Btw, I get more likes from my tdu posts than anything else I post. It's apparent by your dialog that you are a staunch supporter of tdu. I could care less. It's your right. You just seem to want me to stifle my negativity of the Termites Destroying Unions but it's ok for them to smear my union? I don't think so buddy. Once and finally, I was ASKED why I don't like them and I responded. Why can't you understand that? Do you even comprehend that? Did you even read that? No offense, but it's better for someone to think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. It will be my last post about tdu on this thread, unless of course you open your mouth.

Stink219,
If you're aware of any news that you think might be of interest to us, then I'd welcome you to post it (and it will prevent us from retorting from websites such as TDU's). I seriously doubt the negotiation update was known "a month ago," (likely presented at the rallies which took place days earlier at the earliest) and items such as the elimination of skilled pay for part-timers is pivotal. I've been able to rally my co-workers -- a group of people who traditionally do not vote -- with this information; they're incensed that a company making near-record profits in a pitiful economy is seeking concessions and are prepared to vote 'NO.' Oh, and they're not upset the news came from TDU. Like me, they don't know much about TDU -- nor do they care.