New PC’s

specter208

I always wanted to put a 466 in a pickup truck lol.
A DT466 weighing nearly 1500lbs would snap a front axle in half for a 1/2 ton and the torque would twist the frame and drive shaft out of shape. A 3/4 - 1 ton Dually could probably support the weight and torque but the Block is so massive you would need to find a way to get it to fit under the hood.

Poop Head

Judge me.
A DT466 weighing nearly 1500lbs would snap a front axle in half for a 1/2 ton and the torque would twist the frame and drive shaft out of shape. A 3/4 - 1 ton Dually could probably support the weight and torque but the Block is so massive you would need to find a way to get it to fit under the hood.
I know. I've seen where guys have dropped a pickup body ontop of a medium sized chassis with a dt466 in it. Badass. Also, something I can't get out of my head, a tiny bronco2 with the dt360 in it!

wayfair

swollen member
You mean you don’t like the process of stopping short, shutting the engine, seat belt off, go open rear doors, get back in drivers seat, seat belt on, engine on, reverse onto dock, engine off, seat belt off, unload, seat belt on, engine on, pull off the dock, stop, shut the engine, seat belt off, close the doors, get back in, seat belt on, engine on, drive off.

AND, you better hope those doors are open all the way...

after you eff up the hinges on those back doors, they're a bit hard to close.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I just got a new package car identical to the one in the OP. It is a P-63, slightly smaller than the P-700 it replaced. It is just a shortened version of the new P-800. I dont care for the rollup door, but I like the 6-liter gasoline V-8. Way more power than my old 7, and it turns tighter also.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Judging by the comments, it seems the suit monkeys once again failed to consult with the most knowledgeable people that actually use the vehicles they buy, the Package Car Drivers!

Hello? BULK? STEPS? DOORS? SHELF AREA?

What a bunch of Frickin' morons!

38A385A0-6E6E-4583-8661-EB9256FDB847.gif

specter208

I just got a new package car identical to the one in the OP. It is a P-63, slightly smaller than the P-700 it replaced. It is just a shortened version of the new P-800. I dont care for the rollup door, but I like the 6-liter gasoline V-8. Way more power than my old 7, and it turns tighter also.
You had a diesel before?

specter208

Yes, the Mercedes 4 cylinder diesel. Mine had almost 400k on it and was tired. The new gas V-8 leaves it in the dust. I wish it were a 7 and not a 63, but I can live with that.
Nice, the new gas trucks are pretty fun to drive. The Mercedes diesel has my favorite body design though, the flat faced hood with round headlights and the protruding "visor" of the roof that sticks out a couple inches past the windshield.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Couple of years ago I pulled into a Pilot station to fuel up my package car one morning. Noticed there was a brand new package car parked at the pumps also being fueled. We hardly ever get a new pc at our centers so I took a quick look at it and left. No driver was around. That evening I come back through and the pc is still parked in the same place. I pull up behind it and a transport driver comes back and asks if I can get hold of our mechanic for him. Seems he stopped to fuel that morning and left the key in the ignition when he went inside to use the restroom and get something to drink. Came back out and someone had stolen the key. Been stuck there all day. I gave him the centers phone number and wished him well.