NEW POLL!! How DID you vote?

How DID you vote?

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
Oops, meant to add:

It's the same as the ERI. Everybody says how bad it is, how they're going to rate the center badly. NOBODY says they're going to rate it good.

But when the results come out, guess what? The majority have given the center positive ratings. Because when you're alone in front of that computer, you are going to read those lame questions, AND........ answer them honestly.

I feel the contract will pass.

my2cents

Over,

Maybe a new, new poll could be started asking whether the national master will be ratified or not. It won't matter who votes in this poll. Even though many who have mailed in their own "yes" or "no" vote, their overall opinion on this matter may differ from their own actual vote.

1. NO more new combo jobs!(greatly increase time to go FT):cursing:
2. $2 less in raises this contract over one less year for part time.:crying:
3. Give away control of our pension.
4. Split raises.
5. No increase in pension benefits from 1997 while leading stock market bellwether (Dow Jones Industrial Average) is up over 110% in this time span!
6. Allows company to take up to 35 cents of our annual raise and apply to Health and Welfare(article 34):mad:
7. NO benefits for new PT for 12 months(18 months for spouse and dependants), time to reach seniority doubled.
8. No increase for starting wage for Saturday Air or PT Hub.
9. Time to reach top rate increased from 30 to 36 months (was 24 months until 2002):confused:1
10. Potential for increaed subcontracting
11. Raises split in two, only 35 cents August 1, 2008.
12. NO vacation, holiday or option day pay for PTers first year.

My vote is an unequivocal NO!!!!:cursing: If this contract was so wonderful the International would not have to call my home phone five times to sell me on it!!!!

Last edited:

tunemixer

I voted NO to both the national and the Sup contracts. Even though I am retiring within the next two years I am trying to help the rest of you that will be there long after me and the future UPS employees.

30andout

I voted NO to both the national and the Sup contracts. Even though I am retiring within the next two years I am trying to help the rest of you that will be there long after me and the future UPS employees.
Glad to hear you get to retire, you must not be in central states, thanks for thinking about those who are. We get to stay and work till we're 64.

AirDriverAmy

For whatever reason, I have not recieved mine yet. I called to the Union Hall and asked them to have one mailed out to me. They said I should recieve it by Wednesday or Thursday. Until then I am still waiting.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
For whatever reason, I have not recieved mine yet. I called to the Union Hall and asked them to have one mailed out to me. They said I should recieve it by Wednesday or Thursday. Until then I am still waiting.

Did you make sure they have your correct address and everything? Then again sometimes they are just slow in mailing them out, i think they had to take a loan out to pay for the mailing costs or something, a buddy of mine just got his also when i had mine approx 2 days before they even said they mailed them out, so go figure...

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
There really is not much more to talk about when this is all over with anyhow Tieguy, who wants to spend their life sitting at a keyboard to read bs? all you have to do is pick up a newspaper.

Hell, you go to work you come home and get on here and its like you never left work....I try not to make this part of my life, i just get on here once in awhile to see whats going on and its all the same.

And yes, your right, when this is all said and done, you wont see me much any more, wont you just be happier then? Gee you wont have anything to post about since no one will be here to stand up to you.

W

wonderboy$

Who actually counts the votes? I get 3 or 4 calls a week from the teamsters urging me to vote yes.

If the people who are urging me to vote yes are the same ones who count the votes, I don't see any legitimate reason to even vote in the first place.

wornoutupser

LOL they always are. The guys that hate the offer generally tend to be more vocal then the ones that will quietly open their ballot with the wife looking over the shoulder and vote for the offer. So while it always looks like the no vote is unamious on these message boards the real vote will be much closer then they imagine or a clear yes vote.

Tie,
My wife was staring me in the eye and asking when I could retire under the new plan. My vote was no- I have over 20 years but I started young. That is the way that it is in my building. I would take a buyout to leave if the offer was good enough! Why do you think my screename is Wornout?

Griff

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT NIMRODS: Stop voting YES in these contract polls. The results can be seen and I see several of you. As I've said before, it shows your true colors by attempting to taint the results. You fools just can't help yourselves, its second nature after all the paper fudging you do/did at UPS for a living. You don't receive a ballot, therefore you didn't vote, you're lying and leaving yet another footprint of that world renowned management "integrity".

browned out

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT NIMRODS: Stop voting YES in these contract polls. The results can be seen and I see several of you. As I've said before, it shows your true colors by attempting to taint the results. You fools just can't help yourselves, its second nature after all the paper fudging you do/did at UPS for a living. You don't receive a ballot, therefore you didn't vote, you're lying and leaving yet another footprint of that world renowned management "integrity".

They don't get a vote; do they?

Kinda like when the senate or house or other political officers are the ones that vote on whether they deserve and get a raise or not. Somehow they always get that raise.

Mangement you can read and post but please no voting

Braveheart

So, how did you actually vote? My ballot is still sitting right here, as I cannot decide.

It's a great place to work, but there ARE so many givebacks in the new contract.

Do I vote to stop what may be a nasty downward spiral?

Do I vote on how good we have it now?
They made over 8 Billion dollars in the last two years so there is no need to feel bad about how good we have it now. We made them that profit!!!!!

Think about how bad we are making it for future part timers, no benes for 12 months, no benes for family for 18 months, no paid holidays for 1st year, pathetic starting wage, still no sick days for 3 years, etc etc....

Think about the current part timers and cover drivers sold short, progression lenghtened yet again to 3 YEARS despite paying their dues in the hubs, NO catch up raises, SPLIT RAISES are a joke for them, unattainable 200 reports to be promoted to full time for cover drivers, company abuses remote and golf cart helpers there by laying off cover drivers and not offering extra work to inside part timers either, ZERO NEW 22.3 COMBO JOBS BEING CREATED, NO improvements to the wage scale progression for air drivers, 60 DAY PROBATION PERIOD IS DOUBLE WHAT IT WAS AND IF WAS NOT BROKEN THEN WHY LENGHTEN IT? OH YEAH BECAUSE IT BENEFITS UPSetc etc.........

Think about how the new "9.5 committee" will protect UPS and not us, 8 hr is really only violated over 8.5 and protected by "events beyond their control", NO PRO RATA EARNED FOR OPTION DAYS, "acts of God" protects UPS yet again, watch UPS abuse GPS provision to have vague definition of what "off area" really means to fire drivers, ZERO improvements to stop excess rides and other harassment, NO COLAS in the pension, still no real guarantee they will not cut the benes and pension again like they did 1 year into this contract, NO CHARTS FOR SURVIVORSHIP RATES which is far less than 3,000 dollars, split raises only benefit UPS, NO protection from truck switching harassment, NO PENALTIES for violating Art 48 seniority bumping rights violations, etc etc etc..... VOTE NO AND FIX THE CONTRACT LANGUAGE!

Last edited:

Braveheart

Who actually counts the votes? I get 3 or 4 calls a week from the teamsters urging me to vote yes.

If the people who are urging me to vote yes are the same ones who count the votes, I don't see any legitimate reason to even vote in the first place.
Always vote!!!! At least if we get a federal intervention to recount the votes it will be there to be counted!!!!!!

Braveheart

The buyout is a calculated gamble. If the CS plan failed then ups would be liable for much more then the 6.1 billion. The buyout protects us against that possibility. It also protects our people against that possibility.
Your insurance by the pbgc when a multi-employer plan fails is about 1100 a month. Your insurance coverage for a single employer plan that fails is up to approximately 4000 grand a month. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking that the CS plan could fail and only hurt UPS.
So you are saying that even with this contract we could still get shafted. Finally some truth!