NEW POLL!! How DID you vote?

How DID you vote?

• Total voters

Braveheart

Glad to hear you get to retire, you must not be in central states, thanks for thinking about those who are. We get to stay and work till we're 64.
I forgot to mention being hand cuffed for 5 MONTHS at a time to the opt in or opt out 9.5 list, 5 day notice needed for 8.5 oops 8 hour requests, and the TAW forced lite duty that never states 8 consecutive hours and company only has to make REASONABLE EFFORTS to start you within the 4 HOUR WINDOW, the fact that now even after the so called great pension plan they can take 35 CENTS OF EVERY RAISE TO FIX THE SO CALLED GREAT PENSION!!!!!!, no protection from satellite routes, and 60 day probationary period!!!!

tieguy

Banned
I forgot to mention being hand cuffed for 5 MONTHS at a time to the opt in or opt out 9.5 list, 5 day notice needed for 8.5 oops 8 hour requests, and the TAW forced lite duty that never states 8 consecutive hours and company only has to make REASONABLE EFFORTS to start you within the 4 HOUR WINDOW, the fact that now even after the so called great pension plan they can take 35 CENTS OF EVERY RAISE TO FIX THE SO CALLED GREAT PENSION!!!!!!, no protection from satellite routes, and 60 day probationary period!!!!

sounds like you have all your dislikes listed. anything you like about the contract offer?

badpas

The buyout is a calculated gamble. If the CS plan failed then ups would be liable for much more then the 6.1 billion. The buyout protects us against that possibility. It also protects our people against that possibility.
Your insurance by the pbgc when a multi-employer plan fails is about 1100 a month. Your insurance coverage for a single employer plan that fails is up to approximately 4000 grand a month. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking that the CS plan could fail and only hurt UPS.

Question, if the single employer pension fund is insured for 4000 and I know it depends on how many years your in the plan to get 4000 then why are we not getting more than that at least thats the way our local explained it to us.

Damok

Question, if the single employer pension fund is insured for 4000 and I know it depends on how many years your in the plan to get 4000 then why are we not getting more than that at least thats the way our local explained it to us.

How much you get will depend on which pension you will fall under. You will either be covered by the service or accrual pension and it will default to whichever gives a higher benefit. $4k/mo is possible.