New RS1 Hi Value Call Tags

10 point

Evidently we're not liable for not turning in a high value RS1 if we don't get the secondary receipt to turn in with the pkg(s) and we have no knowledge of the original "left tag" occurance?

10 point

I have run across one yet.
It's brand new.
They're a regular RS1 tag with another sheet attached that we have to leave with the customer and HOPE they read the fine printed instructions that says they have to return the second part (sheet) to the driver with the package.
The second part has a receipt on the bottom (just like the call tag receipt) that the driver must have signed off by a supe upon returning to the building and follows the high value procedures for HV turn ins.
I can see a huge problem looming with this deal when one driver leaves the tag on the delivery side and another one picks up there later or its given to a swing driver past the three day log the management keeps at the driver station to be signed off.
Of course, the driver's probably going to be the insurance policy in this deal now.

10 point

I asked the management to highlight the shippers instructions pertaining to their responsibility to return the high value certification sheet with the package but they said "No".
It doesn't mean anything to them because it won't be $ taken out of their pocket if something goes wrong.

10 point

How can a high value be a RS 1? Makes zero sense?

Did the ORION team come up with this?
Evidently, it was a high value from the shipper that the company has to control and protect from loss in transit...again. We better start inspecting them at the origin domicile.
It reminds me of when RPS would deliver a pkg damaged and we'd get a call tag to pick it up and all of a sudden we had to pay the shipper for a damaged pkg.

oldngray

nowhere special
Evidently, it was a high value from the shipper that the company has to control and protect from loss in transit...again. We better start inspecting them at the origin domicile.
It reminds me of when RPS would deliver a pkg damaged and we'd get a call tag to pick it up and all of a sudden we had to pay the shipper for a damaged pkg.

UPS wouldn't pay a claim for a call tag package if they weren't the ones who originally delivered it. When we picked up those RPS packages it didn't matter what shape they were in.

10 point

UPS wouldn't pay a claim for a call tag package if they weren't the ones who originally delivered it. When we picked up those RPS packages it didn't matter what shape they were in.
We were instructed NOT to pick up any RPS delivered pkgs for that very reason.

That was in about 1995 and it was a directive passed down from at least the district level.

Oak

Out of curiosity, what are the service level numbers in the tracking number? The two numbers after the shipper's number. IE: ground is 03. call tags are 26, etc.

10 point

Out of curiosity, what are the service level numbers in the tracking number? The two numbers after the shipper's number. IE: ground is 03. call tags are 26, etc.
I'll look in the book tomorrow and let you know. You cld probably ask your mgmnt team...if they've seen one yet.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can see a huge problem looming with this deal when one driver leaves the tag on the delivery side and another one picks up there later or its given to a swing driver past the three day log the management keeps at the driver station to be signed off.
Of course, the driver's probably going to be the insurance policy in this deal now.

Incorrect.

Article 10, section 1, paragraph 2 of the National Master Agreement:

"No employee shall be disciplined or required to make reimbursement for lost or damaged parcels unless the Employer demonstrates that the employee, without justification or mitigation, violated pertinent established rules or policies, the observance of which would have prevented the loss or damage."

In other words.... it is managements responsibility to establish some sort of procedure that will prevent the problem from occurring and if they fail to do so then they give up the right to make the driver pay for the loss.