New Single System

sadmanhere

Then friend* ing load it how you want and teach your drivers to to fine sort and not to work off the FedEx manifest.
you dumb punk i want to load it going by a set number..by 10s 20s....not by each section and resetting......i can't load it how i want with section ids and each section having numbers that reset.....

bacha29

it would appear that things have changed little. Every time we received new next generation scanners they would come in and dump them on the table and simply drive off. The next morning there they were and we didn't even know that we were going to get new scanners. Just one of a long history whereby when it came to changing conditions and new developments the only constant was the contractor the one who stood to be the most directly impacted was always the last one to know about it.

Star B

White Lightening
You don't know how to load a truck according to stop order and I'm dumb prunk? :nonono:
That's what he's whining about. They used to have 'stop order' at HD like we do with ROADS/DRA, but they don't have it anymore, to align themselves with Ground.

Unless you're talking about "stop order" as in "read the addresses and figure it out"... well... heh. nevermind.

oldrps

you dumb punk i want to load it going by a set number..by 10s 20s....not by each section and resetting......i can't load it how i want with section ids and each section having numbers that reset.....

Go out and buy your own route optimization software, plug in all the addresses that you have that day and develop a numbering plan that you like in the software, print labels with your "special numbers", arrange accordingly on your vehicle, your problem is solved.

HD219

There's clusters for each area, let's say 1000, 2000, 3000 (obviously there's more but we'll keep it simple.) Each package has a sticker with route # and SID #. Example 525:1081. I'll write 1081 on the package and pile it with the rest of the 1000 SID packages. When sort is finished I'll grab my manifest and load according to my manifest. My manifest is spot on most of the time so loading and locating a package is as simple as it used to be.

You have to remember the SID goes aphebetically by street name. But the manifest is in order by the way you'd go. The manifest would be ordered like this:
13 Oak St. 1073
62 Pine St. 1087
816 Birch St. 1011
75 Acorn St. 1007
65 Maple St. 1053

Follow what I'm saying?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Thanks for chiming in about the new system... doesn't seem too bad.

I don't know why sadman doesn't setup his neighborhood clusters so they can group it to whatever sections he wants...

I'm in the middle of tweaking my area, though , 1 week before we get rid of VRP.

I found out 2 of my neighboring routes were getting done very early, 1400-1500, while I'm busting my acorns staying out until close to midnight.

So, the AO/BC iS finally seeing the light and balancing the WADs before the conversion starts. My clock out time is now around 2000-2100 with 300 less miles a week.

Hopefully he's smart enough to section the neighborhood without my input

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gawd, I bet your contractor hopes you never calculate how much money you're making per hour, because he is making a fortune on you.
Why stay at job like that? No OT, no insurance, no paid vacation, way too many hours at straight time. Even Walmart sounds like a better deal.

OrioN

Shhhhhh, that's the scam subcontractors are banking on!

No paid sick days, or paid vacation, butt u can drive the truck home! Saving u time and commute costs! Win-win for everyone, yay!

Yeah, they are scamming the preload time as well.. and if this new system will delay it longer, then it's time to start paying the drivers who loads their own cargo.

HD219

I found out 2 of my neighboring routes were getting done very early, 1400-1500, while I'm busting my acorns staying out until close to midnight.

So, the AO/BC iS finally seeing the light and balancing the WADs before the conversion starts. My clock out time is now around 2000-2100 with 300 less miles a week.
:yawn2: why are you putting up with that? I would've walked by now. Had a 20:00 day last week and was about to call it quits. Not having a life outside this place isn't worth it.

vantexan

Thanks for chiming in about the new system... doesn't seem too bad.

I don't know why sadman doesn't setup his neighborhood clusters so they can group it to whatever sections he wants...

I'm in the middle of tweaking my area, though , 1 week before we get rid of VRP.

Hopefully he's smart enough to section the neighborhood without my input
So Ground is implementing a system similar to what UPS uses?

OrioN

So Ground is implementing a system similar to what UPS uses?

Nope, they're just trying to consolidate operations... ground has been doing it that way for the whole time.

HD is going towards that way to streamline the process of co location terminals is my guess. Which was a headache for warehouse robots to PiP misplots to the correct route on the VRP system.

I liked the map overview printout in the AM; it quickly spots the misplots on my route & I can isolate them for the QA clerks to reroute to the correct driver

My HD terminal, though, is still a standalone. So we can't divert known Saturday business closures to ground for Monday deliveries... it sucks!

Luckily, I had ALL residential stops and I went straight home with a clean plate. Was done by 1815 on Saturday; my new BC/ AO knows how to finally balance the routes!

With Tuesday off due to the holiday, we're going to be slammed on Wednesday.

Happy Memorial Day! Thanks for your service, military peeps & RiP dad (Navy)

Last edited: