New Single System

bbsam

Staff member
It fascinates me that people who have delivered in a given area literally for thousand of hours, delivered the same pet supplies, medication, boxed meals, etc., could be so thrown off by what comes down to routing knowledge.

sadmanhere

They’re in order, it’s just alphabetical or numerical not some poor delivery sequence that won’t be followed anyway.

are you out of your mind? like really stop replaying to my post... you make zero sense ......you can follow any order you want........ i want it sequenced by 20s so i can load the truck easier and locate the boxes easier...not so i can follow them...

you can put groups of 5 boxes away in areas instead of 15 or so with the section id..much quicker and easier to sort through 5 boxes........ we load our own trucks in hd.....

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah,I just got back... still on VRP, but I had to load it a different way.

I don't follow their sequence, but it was easy to preload my cargo... based on the map overview printout in the AM

990, 760, 1000-1200

Then 330-400, followed by 710 to 980

Finally, followed my sequence. We go by 10s in my HD terminal. So 10 -700

120 stops, 180 miles... one Vaseline stop that took 45 minutes round trip. Tempted to DEX 012 it, but I have no idea whose route it goes to.

I hope when we switch to a co-location, they better reduce my miles... and I can finally dump the potential DEX 011s on Saturday

It will be fine

are you out of your mind? like really stop replaying to my post... you make zero sense ......you can follow any order you want........ i want it sequenced by 20s so i can load the truck easier and locate the boxes easier...not so i can follow them...

you can put groups of 5 boxes away in areas instead of 15 or so with the section id..much quicker and easier to sort through 5 boxes........ we load our own trucks in hd.....
No one at fedex cares what you want. Accept what is and adapt. You cry like it’s the end of the world when the reality is it’s a minor change. Overlap your service area and get real trucks that Fedex loads for you and this will be a benefit. They’ve only been telling us this was going to happen for the last 5 years or so, it shouldn’t catch you off guard.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
More volume = more customer complaints.

How long do you think that business model will last?

I'm looking at how much money they bring in and how many packages they move, you're focused on the complaints you heard on your route.

If the service was that bad, why is their such growth?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No one at fedex cares what you want. Accept what is and adapt. You cry like it’s the end of the world when the reality is it’s a minor change. Overlap your service area and get real trucks that Fedex loads for you and this will be a benefit. They’ve only been telling us this was going to happen for the last 5 years or so, it shouldn’t catch you off guard.

I already cluster my neighborhoods, so it'll just be a minor adjustment to the ground PAL stickers... instead of route#-sequence#, it's section#-wtf#?

the funny thing is I didn't speak to the ops guy yet on how to section my map yet, just the boundaries.

_20180520_123646.JPG

The sequence# is great for spotting the box in the dark. So we'll have to write HiNs instead like what I saw on ground or UPS boxes???

DSC_0004.JPG

I brick out my boxtruck, so I guess IlI fine sort on the floor, then play Tetris until I'm at capacity... my manager better know my cubic feet of this vehicle, or DEX 027s will be a common occurrence.

Oh, they are going to convert this to a co location hopefully before the :censored2: storm called peak season arrives or it's gonna be a circus

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If the service was that bad, why is their such growth?
More volune doesn’t always equal more quality. Often far from it. So you think Ground is gonna be in clover forever? If a better option were to come along, do you honestly think customers would be loyal to Ground because of exceptional service? Please.