New Single System

It will be fine

I give up bro. There really is no help for you.
He’s right, if Fedex isn’t loading the trucks it’s a waste for him to come and do it properly. Just toss the crap in the truck, line up 10 stops at a time and deal with misloads tomorrow. I train my guys to just show up, Pretrip the vehicle and go, don’t bother looking through everything, it’s not our problem.

MAKAVELI

He’s right, if Fedex isn’t loading the trucks it’s a waste for him to come and do it properly. Just toss the crap in the truck, line up 10 stops at a time and deal with misloads tomorrow. I train my guys to just show up, Pretrip the vehicle and go, don’t bother looking through everything, it’s not our problem.
You are only wasting your drivers productivity. A properly sorted truck saves your drivers time on road and increases your bottom line. So much for being an independent business owner.

It will be fine

You are only wasting your drivers productivity. A properly sorted truck saves your drivers time on road and increases your bottom line. So much for being an independent business owner.
Thanks for the input, but I know what I’m doing. Spending a hour going through the truck before leaving does not save an hour on road. You just start delivering and as the day goes on it gets easier to find things. If you know what you’re doing you’ll spend the same time on road as when you massage every package before dispatch.

MAKAVELI

Thanks for the input, but I know what I’m doing. Spending a hour going through the truck before leaving does not save an hour on road. You just start delivering and as the day goes on it gets easier to find things. If you know what you’re doing you’ll spend the same time on road as when you massage every package before dispatch.
That's not the experience we have at Express. Every driver whether they load or not fine sorts their load, knows where to look for their next stop without a load sequence, and could tell you that's much more efficient and and accurate to way to work.

STFXG

It's waiting for the sorters to get done... these drivers come in early, then load as they are unloading the trailers...

It's summer, I should've come in early like last year in the vrp days that is done the sort by 0730 to load n go on route at 0900... not with the new system... I'm not going in at 0700 anymore since preload is not wrapped up by 1000 that week
Wow. I start having a melt down on every manager by 745.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow. I start having a melt down on every manager by 745.

Yup,the whole driver group is going bananas because of lack of warehouse workers.

2 Workers with wrist scanners for a dozen + routes on a belt line when the ground terminal nearby will have 4 + per belt line

It will be fine

That's not the experience we have at Express. Every driver whether they load or not fine sorts their load, knows where to look for their next stop without a load sequence, and could tell you that's much more efficient and and accurate to way to work.
I have drivers that believe that too. Even when I ride along with them and show them it’s not true, they believe it. The time spent looking during the day does not equal the time they spend rearranging the truck in the morning and they finish at the same time regardless. Drivers often overestimate how long it takes to locate a package on the truck. Some aren’t very bright and it will take those a bit longer to find a box, but no amount of sorting will fix stupid.

bbsam

Staff member
I have drivers that believe that too. Even when I ride along with them and show them it’s not true, they believe it. The time spent looking during the day does not equal the time they spend rearranging the truck in the morning and they finish at the same time regardless. Drivers often overestimate how long it takes to locate a package on the truck. Some aren’t very bright and it will take those a bit longer to find a box, but no amount of sorting will fix stupid.
This is especially true on routes with a couple bulk stops that come off early. Clear it out, sort next session, go.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Thanks for chiming in... the only thing that screws up my former "clean plate" record are having misloads nowadays besides the standard dex 007 or dex 011 since we're still not a co-location

MAKAVELI

Like I said to save time on road, gas, mileage, etc. this type of thinking is exactly why you guys would absolutely fail if you were to take Express work.

overflowed

You guys aren't really getting what Makeveli is saying I think. No stake in the game for me anymore so to say. Gone. When he's saying fine sort, and I don't really think you understand what he's saying. We look at all the addresses on the labels and remember them in 20 30 minutes. Is what it is , pay to play . Really miss you guys. :censored2: BS.

sadmanhere

Like I said to save time on road, gas, mileage, etc. this type of thinking is exactly why you guys would absolutely fail if you were to take Express work.

just stop...... express work is nothing compared to our work....youre on here ever hour ever day. get a life...

express does not go out with a loaded p700 truck stuffed every inch with 150 different stops....we don't have the same space express has in there trucks
we have more stops and need to do them in less time than express.
express has less stops ..less packages....smaller packages..
you guys aren't even allowed to do more than one stop in minute..you have to wait for the next minute. to pass to do another stop...

with vrp we verified each package with the scanner and loaded it.
now with single we going to use the manifest to verify ? what is the point....
thought single was supposed to be faster....its not.....

do you sleep with your express uniform on?

sadmanhere

Soo,we gotta clear the files daily anyway or else yesterday's list will mingle with today's list...

View attachment 200780
Check data verification to see if the end of day stuff went thru... then choose p&d tools

View attachment 200781
Password is easy enuff... who's our real employer?

View attachment 200782

Clear delivery files... If this is your dedicated power pad, u can see your stats via archive upload too

View attachment 200783

Yes

View attachment 200784

Waiting...

View attachment 200785

Accept, then log back to p&d and scan id, van id, pickup sheet barcode, enter your on duty time, dispatch time, odometer reading.

why do you have your gps on? take it off

It will be fine

You guys aren't really getting what Makeveli is saying I think. No stake in the game for me anymore so to say. Gone. When he's saying fine sort, and I don't really think you understand what he's saying. We look at all the addresses on the labels and remember them in 20 30 minutes. Is what it is , pay to play . Really miss you guys. :censored2: BS.
And that 30 mins is a waste of time. If you know what shelf the box is loaded on you look on that shelf and find it. Mak apparently believes if you spend time rearranging the entire truck in delivery order you’ll somehow save gas. The reality is you just waste time. He’s arguing drivers should spend 9 hours at work to do an 8 hour job because he mistakenly believes that’s more efficient.

McFeely

Huge Member
If you know what shelf the box is loaded on you look on that shelf and find it. Mak apparently believes if you spend time rearranging the entire truck in delivery order you’ll somehow save gas.

From what I understand/read, OrioN loads his own truck from a pile or pallet of boxes.

If you're not loading your own truck, then how do you know that your truck loader did actually put the boxes on the shelf they're supposed to go on?

Of course, I only deliver envelopes so what do I know. Express jock, right?

It will be fine

From what I understand/read, OrioN loads his own truck from a pile or pallet of boxes.

If you're not loading your own truck, then how do you know that your truck loader did actually put the boxes on the shelf they're supposed to go on?

Of course, I only deliver envelopes so what do I know. Express jock, right?
It’s there more often than not. The couple times during the day that it’s not in the right spot still don’t add up to 30 minutes spent looking especially as the truck empties throughout the day.