New tdu article on halt to ratification

Smashmouth

Actually, I think they do. Article XII, Section 6 was used to pack supplemental agreements into the asses of 3 supplemental/local regions in 2014, so there's also no reason it can't be used to changed the Article XII language to allow for a simple majority to reject the contract. That power is in the General Executive Board's hands. Hopefully it happens.

The time is NOW to phone bomb, fax bomb you local and demand they fix this. I dont think withdrawal is the answer, but certainly mass threat of withdrawal may get someone’s attention!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But certainly mass threat of withdrawal may get someone’s attention!

If people (won't call them members) want to leave.... OK.

Now the Local has to layoff BA's and secretarial staff.

Maybe your grievance will get heard, 2 years from now.

Extremely vague language that could lead to it being tied up in court for a very long time I imagine.

Going to court ?

Wake me up, when that happens.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Honestly, I prefer your interpretation. I hope it's correct.

I also prefer @DriveInDriveOut interpretation.

I don't agree, but who are we?

We will just have to wait and see if the lawyers, the courts, or the NLRB interpret it differently, if it even goes that far.

We aren't going to change his mind andhe isn't going to change ours.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's section a.
It says when no more negotiations can take place, use section d to determine vote outcome.

This is section b.
You'll notice no mention of voter participation.

(b). If a majority of the votes cast by the involved membership approve such agreement, it shall become binding and effective upon all Local Unions involved and their members.

You are correct.

But, a majority of votes cast did not approve it.

It does not state that a majority of no votes can reject it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The company announced it on their website immediately after the tally

Your forgetting about Section 1 of Article XXII

The Local Union Executive Board shall determine whether an employer has made a final offer of settlement, regardless of the employer’s characterization. When the Local Union Executive Board has determined that an offer is “final”, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
regardless of what i think final offer is or means, my new president does NOT think it is a final offer. im more confused now than ever. maybe i shouda studied rocket science and brain surgery like my mom said

Home - Teamsters Local 804

Apparently your president forgot about Section 1 of Article XXII

The Local Union Executive Board shall determine whether an employer has made a final offer of settlement, regardless of the employer’s characterization. When the Local Union Executive Board has determined that an offer is “final”, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided

I will agree with his last statement that Hoffa should, or should have, informed us of the IBT Constitution and let us know that it was a final offer.

Did he have to....No

Should he have...Yes

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Apparently your president forgot about Section 1 of Article XXII

The Local Union Executive Board shall , regardless of the employer’s characterization. When the Local Union Executive Board has determined that an offer is “final”, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided

I will agree with his last statement that Hoffa should, or should have, informed us of the IBT Constitution and let us know that it was a final offer.

Did he have to....No

Should he have...Yes

yeah i guess he means that our Local Union Executive Board did not determine whether an employer has made a final offer of settlement

the more i read the constitution, the more it seems to contradict itself and in more than one area