New tdu article on halt to ratification

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You're in the wrong section.

Yes sir, you are correct. I apologize.

How about Section 2.

When in the judgment of the negotiating committee the involved employer has made a final offer of settlement, such negotiating committee shall have the authority, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to conduct agreement ratification votes

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For the people questioning whether this was a final offer or not...

Don't you think the NNC would have kept on negotiating if they thought they could do better?

I'm sure there were many give and takes, and it looks like the Negotiating Committee saw that they could do no better, that UPS gave them their final offer, and would not budge on anything else, so they accepted it and sent it to us.

If it wasn't a final offer, the NNC would have kept on negotiating before sending it to us. That's how negotiations work.

Should Hoffa have told us about the Constitution and that this was a final offer?

No doubt, yes. I think he held this card in his back pocket. Although DT hinted to it last Wednesday, before the voting was over.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Umm...

It's seven.

Certainly, not a majority of the IBT executive board.

Do you realize.... TDU posting the preliminary results....

Undermined the entire process ?

7 VPs out of how many? How many are there? Article said 3 didn’t and a majority is needed to get a emergency meeting

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Don't you think the NNC would have kept on negotiating if they thought they could do better?

I'm sure there were many give and takes, and it looks like the Negotiating Committee saw that they could do no better, that UPS gave them their final offer, and would not budge on anything else, so they accepted it and sent it to us.

lol no. They accepted this offer long before the deadline. They had strike authorization in their back pocket and chose to do nothing with it.

Ups never announced anything as their last, best, final as they did in 97. Why? Because they weren't pushed to make a final offer.

As soon as 22.4 were announced it was clear there was no way full timers were gonna vote this through. So instead of go back and say I'm sorry this just isn't gonna work the IBT decided to put the full court press on to get as many pt to vote as possible.

The IBT never intended to push ups to get the BEST offer they could. They got what they wanted. More pension money and more union dues. From there it was just a matter of how to get it thru.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

No.
They don't know if they need to do better until the membership votes. You're suggesting every vote is a strike vote. That's ridiculous.

lol no. They accepted this offer long before the deadline. They had strike authorization in their back pocket and chose to do nothing with it.

Ups never announced anything as their last, best, final as they did in 97. Why? Because they weren't pushed to make a final offer.

As soon as 22.4 were announced it was clear there was no way full timers were gonna vote this through. So instead of go back and say I'm sorry this just isn't gonna work the IBT decided to put the full court press on to get as many pt to vote as possible.

The IBT never intended to push ups to get the BEST offer they could. They got what they wanted. More pension money and more union dues. From there it was just a matter of how to get it thru.
You were there? You must prefer the $15 drivers.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

In your opinion.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No.
They don't know if they need to do better until the membership votes.

That's not what the Constitution says.

When in the judgment of the negotiating committee the involved employer has made a final offer of settlement, such negotiating committee shall have the authority, with the approval of the General Executive Board, to conduct agreement ratification votes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's not what the Constitution says.

That section is specifically for final offers.

LagunaBrown

Let's do it again. It is in black and white. It says final offer.

Article XII CONTRACT RATIFICATION, WAGE SCALES, DISPUTES OVER JURISDICTION

Section 2(a). If a majority of the affiliated Local Unions vote to participate in area, multi‑area, national, multi employer, company wide, or industry wide negotiations for an area, multi‑area, national, multi‑employer, company wide, or industry wide agreement (hereinafter “master agreement”), all involved affiliated Local Unions shall comprise a multi‑union unit, be bound by such vote, must participate in such master agreement bargaining and shall be bound by the agreement approved as provided below. Upon completion of negotiations by any commit‑ tee designated as hereinafter set forth to engage in negotiations of a master agreement, such agreement shall be submitted to the membership involved in such negotiations for their approval or rejection as the final offer in accordance with Section 2(d) herein.

d(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a two thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the final offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it
Stop wasting your time trying to make sense to them. They believe in their own untruths and emoji charms.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In your opinion.
If this is absolutely the best the NNC could do in the economic times we are in.....then frankly they suck at negotiating.

Their big wins according to them were 22.4 (second tier drivers and one of the biggest concessions ever) and increased pt starting pay. Which without some type of catch up for current employees was basically like spitting in their face and saying people that aren't even currently in the union are more important.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Stop wasting your time trying to make sense to them. They believe in their own untruths and emoji charms.

I'll try one more time.

Union: We want $1 raise
UPS: We gave you $0.80 and that's all we're going to give you.
Union: We want $1
UPS: No
Union: We want $1
UPS: No

The negotiating committee tells the Executive Board that that's all UPS is going to give us.

You don't consider that a final offer?

Well, it is.