New teamsters contract includes “substantial” pay raises.

ManInBrown

The flight benefits aren't really very good, and Route 66 is correct, you can often get a better deal on your own.

Really? You've gotten a round trip plane ticket to fly across the country for 80 bucks? WOW. Impressive. And as far having a guaranteed seat vs standby. In my time at Express using this benefit I would venture to guess I have flown standby 25 times. I got bumped once.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really? You've gotten a round trip plane ticket to fly across the country for 80 bucks? WOW. Impressive. And as far having a guaranteed seat vs standby. In my time at Express using this benefit I would venture to guess I have flown standby 25 times. I got bumped once.

When was the last time you flew? I usually fly to a popular specific destination from a large airport to another large airport, and I frequently get bumped.

ManInBrown

When was the last time you flew? I usually fly to a popular specific destination from a large airport to another large airport, and I frequently get bumped.

A couple of months ago. I live in one of the busiest corridors as far as flying in the country. Also go to popular destinations. Only been bumped once like I said. The day I fly out maybe helps. Usually fly out on a Sunday or Monday but return the following weekend. The one time I got bumped was on the flight home on a Sunday. I hated everything about Express once I saw the true company and what they were turning into. Wasted 10+ years of my life there. The standby discount personal travel is the one and only benefit I enjoyed and will miss.

purplesky

I dated a few flight attendants and I used to fly nonrev sometimes. Standby is great when it works but it can be a pain in the arse.

Flying nonrev these days really sucks because the airlines are keeping flights full and over booking them. If you live close to an airport and are flexible flying standby is a nice perk.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Remember when double drivers got a whole $0.50 more? Remember BPP, IPP and shift differential?

Wow, the good ole days. But hey, gimme a quarter and take it back with my insurance premium. * sheesh *

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Remember when double drivers got a whole $0.50 more? Remember BPP, IPP and shift differential?

Wow, the good ole days. But hey, gimme a quarter and take it back with my insurance premium. * sheesh *

We need to total-up all of the takeaways. I think seeing them all will reveal the pillaging Smith has gotten away with.

DorkHead

Any time you guys at fedex want to match my pay check my free health insurance free dental insurance and my 5400 hundred dollar pension let me know. I made 101k last year driving a tractor trailer what did you guys make?

I don`t think we need to boast about this. They already know. What`s the point?

DorkHead

They are cutting overtime in feeders on most jobs so you must be mileage or have one of the jobs they havent shortened. If you are vacation coverage with high seniority you might get to 101k income covering mileage.

I know alot of feeder guys who make much less than the package drivers because they get no overtime except during peak and winter with weather issues.

Also $5400.00 pension? Thats alot of years of service working for brown and I would bet not that many retired Teamsters on avg. come close to that high of a pension amount. I might be wrong?

Some drivers are making this kind of money in feeders but YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALOT OF YEARS IN TO GET CLOSE.

So alot of guys in feeders are making well under 75k a year. In package it is rare to make less than that dollar amount.

I don`t know what area you are talking about, but ALL the seniority feeder drivers in my area make close to 100k/yr and their 30 yr pension is between 5000 and 6000/ month.

purplesky

I don`t know what area you are talking about, but ALL the seniority feeder drivers in my area make close to 100k/yr and their 30 yr pension is between 5000 and 6000/ month.

In my large hub we have alot of feeder jobs(road and pickup) that are just 8 hours now and shifters in the yard use to get overtime but not anymore. We do have alot of mileage runs but you need crazy seniority to get them. The top guys are making supposedly around 120k a year on the longest mileage run.

Man you guys must have a great pension. 6k a month for 30 years? Are you in CA.? or NY.?