New telematics reports

Tough Guy

I also am guilty of scanning in the cargo area. I grab the Diad, find the package, scan it then walk to the door. DR on my walk back to truck. (Maybe a few exceptions to that)

I had my yearly ride a few weeks back and the sup said I wasn't doing it by the methods when I scan while still in the truck. I told him i don't know that's just how I've done it since day one. Not something I can be trained out of at this point. I tried putting on a dog and pony show for him and doing it his way for a few stops but then I was back to doing it my way. (Went back to my way out of habit, not out of rebellion.)

He didn't say anything else about it. And I tend to scratch more often than not. Just one of those things. Everyone's got their own little quirks.

Tough Guy

Especially with bulk, I just can't see loading up the cart and not scanning while doing so. Even though you're supposed to know the piece count. But I prefer to scan while I load and be 100% certain there's a "0" in the corner. Rather than having accidentally miscounted and having to go back and dig around.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Especially with bulk, I just can't see loading up the cart and not scanning while doing so. Even though you're supposed to know the piece count. But I prefer to scan while I load and be 100% certain there's a "0" in the corner. Rather than having accidentally miscounted and having to go back and dig around.

Labels out?

moldsporh

Hope I didn't miss a post, but they have always been able to tell when the diad is turned on, where you scan packages or at least get a good idea where the package is scanned. There is sooo much information with telematics it's just too much to implement all at once.

They are pretty much adding more areas to address as the time goes on. I wonder if the only reason for telematics was to check on us since they may have been figuring we were trying to beat the system. Rewind 4 to 5 years, we could pick up when we wanted, deliver in the order we knew would get the job done the quickest. There is always a knucklehead in the group that lays down and that will never go away.

The rest of us now have more puppet strings attached and the production is down....plain and simple. Compound that with management seeing that and figuring we are all laying down.

Get a clue, we would deliver as efficient as possible but now they are trying to let us know they have us completely wired.

That's fine, I can deliver by these standards, kinda hard to keep slowing down to make sure I don't accidentally scan a box on a handcart. Wouldn't make sense to scan as you load the cart, then wheel cart to del point, tip cart slightly to unload boxes in a neat stack, then go back for more.

But we have to stack cart, take to del point, unload 1 by 1, scan each, to find there's an additional box back in truck somewhere, then waste time finding it.

When you have 10 boxes, cart 10 boxes, then at del point scan a box that's not in edd showing 1 more...that's my point. Doesn't happen often but it's far more efficient to scan as you stack cart, then unload as 1 pile.

FTBrown

Hope I didn't miss a post, but they have always been able to tell when the diad is turned on, where you scan packages or at least get a good idea where the package is scanned. There is sooo much information with telematics it's just too much to implement all at once.

They are pretty much adding more areas to address as the time goes on. I wonder if the only reason for telematics was to check on us since they may have been figuring we were trying to beat the system. Rewind 4 to 5 years, we could pick up when we wanted, deliver in the order we knew would get the job done the quickest. There is always a knucklehead in the group that lays down and that will never go away.

The rest of us now have more puppet strings attached and the production is down....plain and simple. Compound that with management seeing that and figuring we are all laying down.

Get a clue, we would deliver as efficient as possible but now they are trying to let us know they have us completely wired.

That's fine, I can deliver by these standards, kinda hard to keep slowing down to make sure I don't accidentally scan a box on a handcart. Wouldn't make sense to scan as you load the cart, then wheel cart to del point, tip cart slightly to unload boxes in a neat stack, then go back for more.

But we have to stack cart, take to del point, unload 1 by 1, scan each, to find there's an additional box back in truck somewhere, then waste time finding it.

When you have 10 boxes, cart 10 boxes, then at del point scan a box that's not in edd showing 1 more...that's my point. Doesn't happen often but it's far more efficient to scan as you stack cart, then unload as 1 pile.
Count as you unload,verify packages, load labels out. Pretty simple actually

moldsporh

Count as you unload,verify packages, load labels out. Pretty simple actually

What I was referring to is when you get a bad PAL and your stop shows 10 boxes, you find and unload 10 boxes for that stop, then when you get to del point, start scanning, and when you have scanned all 10, you are still showing 1 or more boxes. This happens a lot when you have letter designations to the numerical street address, sometimes the system puts them elsewhere.

Stack them in the cab, get out, "pivot" :) and load the cart scanning each one as you load the cart. Much faster and more efficient and less steps back to the truck if you don't have one.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Nope there isn't. Except when you get fired, sit at home for a month, and get your job back with no pay. There are no production standards. What a joke. You are wrong
Thats because you arent in the Western Conference. We have innocent until proven guilty language, and we dont have "other serious offenses" in our list of cardinal infractions.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I go to lunch my DIAD stay locked up in the back of the package car till I get back.
I keep mine with me just in case I get an urgent message, or for when a customer comes up to me and asks me if I have a package for them. Any time spent answering DIAD messages simply gets added on to the end of my lunch break.