New telematics reports

porkwagon

I also am guilty of scanning in the cargo area. I grab the Diad, find the package, scan it then walk to the door. DR on my walk back to truck. (Maybe a few exceptions to that)

I had my yearly ride a few weeks back and the sup said I wasn't doing it by the methods when I scan while still in the truck. I told him i don't know that's just how I've done it since day one. Not something I can be trained out of at this point. I tried putting on a dog and pony show for him and doing it his way for a few stops but then I was back to doing it my way. (Went back to my way out of habit, not out of rebellion.)

He didn't say anything else about it. And I tend to scratch more often than not. Just one of those things. Everyone's got their own little quirks.
Your supervisor was right. The methods commands that you record outside of the package car. That's how I was trained in the 80's and as far as I know that has not changed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is no such thing from an OMS sup. My lunch hour is 100% my time. No answering the phone, no responding to messages. Lock it in the back and respond to messages after your lunch is finished
My lunch hour is also 100% my time. If I respond to a message or use the DIAD for any reason, I am back on the clock. There have been several occasions where getting information in a timely manner made my day a lot easier. I get what you are saying though, it boils down to being a personal choice.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your supervisor was right. The methods commands that you record outside of the package car. That's how I was trained in the 80's and as far as I know that has not changed.
A lot of the methods were written by people who never actually did the job and don't know what the $%#@ they are even talking about.

porkwagon

A lot of the methods were written by people who never actually did the job and don't know what the $%#@ they are even talking about.
Back then, for the most part they were. Management were promoted from within. They did the job before they were promoted for the most part.

snl blue

what clip?

I used to use the old belt clip, but the elastic band kept breaking
Here is a picture of the add on for the belt clip

Attachments

• 20150330_184717.jpg
    20150330_184717.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 230