New trailers

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Triple 28's are allowed in AZ, CO, ID, KS, MT, NV, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT

They are also allowed in IN and OH only on toll roads.

bluehdmc

IF this is true I wonder how long until we are over weight too many times. I really wish for how intelligent our systems are we would be able to tell how much weight is inside the trailer/trailers. I guess they would be afraid of sending trailers out that aren't 100% due to weight.

I think if they actually put work into the software they could figure out how much weight is in a trailer.
They know the actual weight of a package, 7lbs. 6oz., ships at 8lb. rate. If every package was scanned and weight computed as it's scanned they could print out a weight slip with the seal control. Of course that would cost money that they would rather spend on a system to track what the driver was doing.

The driver would also know which trailer in a set was heaviest, 50% of nuts and bolt is a lot heavier than 100% of packing peanuts.

Nah, that would make sense. Give the Board of Directors a bigger bonus.

UPS4Life

I think if they actually put work into the software they could figure out how much weight is in a trailer.
They know the actual weight of a package, 7lbs. 6oz., ships at 8lb. rate. If every package was scanned and weight computed as it's scanned they could print out a weight slip with the seal control. Of course that would cost money that they would rather spend on a system to track what the driver was doing.

The driver would also know which trailer in a set was heaviest, 50% of nuts and bolt is a lot heavier than 100% of packing peanuts.

Nah, that would make sense. Give the Board of Directors a bigger bonus.
I'd be willing to bet this is already an option they just don't want to show. If you think about it would a hub really stop loading at 75% because the trailer is maximum weight? 100% 2000 lbs over weight pay the fine if he gets one

bluehdmc

Nobody at UPS pulls double 53's, at least not in the US.

Another feeder driver told me he was dispatched with a UPS 53' trailer that had a pintle hook on the back. I told him it was probably a UPS Freight trailer that ended up in our system somehow.

Maybe they're getting ready to try them out someplace.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Another feeder driver told me he was dispatched with a UPS 53' trailer that had a pintle hook on the back. I told him it was probably a UPS Freight trailer that ended up in our system somehow.

Maybe they're getting ready to try them out someplace.
It might have come down from Canada, they can pull 53' doubles up there.