"NEW" TYLER BINDER VIDEO RELEASE, UPS 2018 CONTRACT "VOTE NO"

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
223-vs-224s.jpg

Laguna Preload

Here's a more realistic observation.... and closer to reality.
Realistic? What a bunch of BS! He admits to being disappointed in almost all his points except 2 and then he adds almost all of them up as pluses. This is exactly what the company is hoping for drag it out so it doesn’t look so bad.
Also according to him as a part timer I am making $52 and hour 13+28+11 I work almost 30 with a 6th punch and my take home is around $1000 after deductions. If I was making $52 that would be more around $6000 a month. Tell me in what world does insurance and a pension contribution cost $5000 a month. That is total BS! Just the company trying to get us to except crappy $13. Come on part timers vote this crap down. They won’t get a yes vote out of me till $15 with a catch up raise. Other wise we will still be at minimum wage by the end of this contract. VOTE NO!

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Realistic? What a bunch of BS! He admits to being disappointed in almost all his points except 2 and then he adds almost all of them up as pluses. This is exactly what the company is hoping for drag it out so it doesn’t look so bad.
Also according to him as a part timer I am making $52 and hour 13+28+11 I work almost 30 with a 6th punch and my take home is around $1000 after deductions. If I was making $52 that would be more around $6000 a month. Tell me in what world does insurance and a pension contribution cost $5000 a month. That is total BS! Just the company trying to get us to except crappy $13. Come on part timers vote this crap down. They won’t get a yes vote out of me till $15 with a catch up raise. Other wise we will still be at minimum wage by the end of this contract. VOTE NO!
What makes you think your unskilled labor is worth more than minimum wage?

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
This is simply untrue. FT inside wages were always top driver rate. Of course there still are some remaining but there are no newly created ones, at least locally. "22.2" It was not until 22.3 jobs that FT inside paid a lower wage.

This is Not about who is getting paid what, of course they get paid well, is about 22.4 that you didnt mentioned at all. What would cause to them and others if this contract have an impact.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

This is simply untrue.

That's a piece of TDU propaganda.

You can always tell....

When it says "we are a grassroots campaign and are not affiliated with any candidate".

FT inside wages were always top driver rate.

Including the part-timers.

At least in the Central Region, that was true, until 1982.

Of course there still are some remaining but there are no newly created ones, at least locally.

Original 22.2 jobs are protected from elimination, as per the contract.

On a good note (in my Local) the company has created new 22.2 positions.

They involve fueling the new CNG tractors.

Guess they didn't feel comfortable.... making this a job for part-timers or 22.3's.

-Bug-

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is Not about who is getting paid what, of course they get paid well, is about 22.4 that you didnt mentioned at all. What would cause to them and others if this contract have an impact.
It is always about the money, it IS about who is getting paid what. Try reading the flier you posted! The 22.3 jobs are technically a concession, a two-tier wage system that compete with the red-circled 22.2 driver rate jobs.

22.4 is not really any different except that it affects drivers more.

Laguna Preload

Never did Preload......how hard is it to put packages in a car designed to hold them?

Pretty sure monkeys and lemurs could do it.
It’s about as hard as to put them on somebody’s door step
FYI it’s not just putting the boxes in the car and in the right place.
It’s coming in and Preping the car/moving all the boxes left from the day before to the right place unloading all boxes with a pal for a dif truck. Scanning and loading every package writing the hin number on every package all the while making sure to pick up every EREG so they don’t into the return feed and get all jacked up. The. You get brought a perfect service sheet and have to start tracking and crossing off every next day air. Then you have to take some time on every hazmat package. Then after you have loaded half the truck sup showed up with your add cut lists so you have to pull all those out and re pal them. Also means that you will have a bunch coming down the slide now going to other trucks that you will have to RePal. Oh and don’t forget about the mountain of totes that you have been stacking up.you are usually sorting and scanning all those smalls as fast as possible before the drivers who are now looking over their load quality come and just grab one. Leaving you with a less than 100% scan for the day. Just a little view into the life of a preloader. Oh and once your entire pen is clean who you will probably be throwing EREGS on the bottom belt or gather up all the boxes left on other pens.
There is more to it then meets the eye.

johnny_hotdog

It really bothers me that he refuses to put the 22.4 as a give in the end and calls it a wash. He talked so much about how he didn’t like it and in the end he won’t admit 22.4 is a consession. Why dance around it? Call a spade a spade and just admit it.

He basically admits it’s a concession but says he doesn’t have a better idea. How about pay 22.4’s same as RPCD when they are driving.