New UPS gig

Raw

Raw Member
After delivering routes for 34 years I now do the early morning airport run then help with preload for about 90 min then skim a few pickups, run out a few packages left in building, give misloads to correct drivers, all using an air conditioned rental truck! I`m liking it!

PT Car Washer

After delivering routes for 34 years I now do the early morning airport run then help with preload for about 90 min then skim a few pickups, run out a few packages left in building, give misloads to correct drivers, all using an air conditioned rental truck! I`m liking it!
How much of a cut in pay?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I assumed you took an Art 22.3 job. Delivery drivers that bid into the car wash, first question is "how much OT do you guys get?"
We all know OT is where we start making the real money. 40 hour weeks don’t make my wife’s friends jealous.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations, this is a good gig. One of our best routes was similar. Pickup EarlyAM at the airport, run it, then run about a six-hour route and get off by five every day. We had a couple of other routes that started that early picking up missorts from two other local Hubs. I did EarlyAMs for a couple of years, we were dispatched lighter on our regular route and were off the clock by five.

ManInBrown

I think thats probably pretty standard in every building minus the AC. When I was in package our #1 seniority driver 30+ years, did the airport run, went and did a heavy NDA stop, then went back to the building grabbed some misloads and shuttled them out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah--but you are still working at UPS after 30 years.

quad decade guy

That's my question. If he has 34 full time years in, why is he still working.
Why not? I have 40 and only 58. Normal retirement age is 62-65....max SSI at age 67. I enjoy the free insurance.....free. 7 weeks vacation......$130k.........
The only reason I can think of is he might be too young to retire under his plan. The 30 years and out at any age mostly went away
The only reason? See above. I'm in my highest earning potential(realized). My financial guy says don't retire now. Use your earning power. Slated to make $1million(more)(+/-) before retirement. Then SSI/Pension/Medicare=free money and Healthcare......

There it is....wonder all you want....you guys on fixed incomes. I'll enjoy what a good paying income provides(mostly on weekends though, granted) and slide on into retirement......and if I suddenly die......shrug.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Why not? I have 40 and only 58. Normal retirement age is 62-65....max SSI at age 67. I enjoy the free insurance.....free. 7 weeks vacation......$130k.........

The only reason? See above. I'm in my highest earning potential(realized). My financial guy says don't retire now. Use your earning power. Slated to make $1million(more)(+/-) before retirement. Then SSI/Pension/Medicare=free money and Healthcare......

There it is....wonder all you want....you guys on fixed incomes. I'll enjoy what a good paying income provides(mostly on weekends though, granted) and slide on into retirement......and if I suddenly die......shrug.

Yay…….