New UPS gig

rod

Retired 22 years
Why not? I have 40 and only 58. Normal retirement age is 62-65....max SSI at age 67. I enjoy the free insurance.....free. 7 weeks vacation......$130k.........

The only reason? See above. I'm in my highest earning potential(realized). My financial guy says don't retire now. Use your earning power. Slated to make $1million(more)(+/-) before retirement. Then SSI/Pension/Medicare=free money and Healthcare......

There it is....wonder all you want....you guys on fixed incomes. I'll enjoy what a good paying income provides(mostly on weekends though, granted) and slide on into retirement......and if I suddenly die......shrug.
Just continue to work Slugger. You are our hero. :-)

Last One In

Congratulations, this is a good gig. One of our best routes was similar. Pickup EarlyAM at the airport, run it, then run about a six-hour route and get off by five every day. We had a couple of other routes that started that early picking up missorts from two other local Hubs. I did EarlyAMs for a couple of years, we were dispatched lighter on our regular route and were off the clock by five.
I wish it worked this way in our building! I am 10th on the seniority list; they call us in as needed for EAMs. They never adjust our dispatch when we come in early for air. Still go out with regular stop count.