New UPS gig

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I know a few feeder drivers that are divorced and say they will never retire. The ex gets Nothing!
It is so worth it... Revenge is ours!

What's really great is when you hear from attorneys reminding you of pension agreements made. Lol, someone was counting on money flowing in.

ManInBrown

The only reason I can think of is he might be too young to retire under his plan. The 30 years and out at any age mostly went away
Nah. Because some guys are miserable at home, they’d rather work. I would venture to guess that the top 50 seniority where I am could walk away tomorrow and get full pension. They don’t though.

Nah. Because some guys are miserable at home, they’d rather work. I would venture to guess that the top 50 seniority where I am could walk away tomorrow and get full pension. They don’t though.
Just depends on how much your pension is worth compared to how much you're making right now.
There are lots of things to consider

UPSER1987

Why not? I have 40 and only 58. Normal retirement age is 62-65....max SSI at age 67. I enjoy the free insurance.....free. 7 weeks vacation......$130k.........

The only reason? See above. I'm in my highest earning potential(realized). My financial guy says don't retire now. Use your earning power. Slated to make $1million(more)(+/-) before retirement. Then SSI/Pension/Medicare=free money and Healthcare......

There it is....wonder all you want....you guys on fixed incomes. I'll enjoy what a good paying income provides(mostly on weekends though, granted) and slide on into retirement......and if I suddenly die......shrug.
Why do all these multi millionaires post on BC? ….shrug.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I decided in my mid twenties I didnt want to work any longer than I had to. I turned 55 December of last year and retired January 8 of this year.I retired Debt Free, with wise investments and Life is SO much better. Working 50 plus hours every week in Package was simply not desirable any longer. For 35 years I traded my time for money but now i traded money for time and it's been a great trade off

My dad is 80 and I'm able to take him to lunch every week ANY time i want. I'm able to catch the grand kids games now, and they come over ANY time they want to. I volunteer at an Animal Sanctuary a couple of days week and I feel like I have found my calling in life.

I truly don't understand why anyone works any longer than they have to.There is a great world outside of UPS!

oldngray

nowhere special
I decided in my mid twenties I didnt want to work any longer than I had to. I turned 55 December of last year and retired January 8 of this year.I retired Debt Free, with wise investments and Life is SO much better. Working 50 plus hours every week in Package was simply not desirable any longer. For 35 years I traded my time for money but now i traded money for time and it's been a great trade off

My dad is 80 and I'm able to take him to lunch every week ANY time i want. I'm able to catch the grand kids games now, and they come over ANY time they want to. I volunteer at an Animal Sanctuary a couple of days week and I feel like I have found my calling in life.

I truly don't understand why anyone works any longer than they have to.There is a great world outside of UPS!
When you get to the point you can retire anytime you feel like it its hard to keep working for basically half pay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Take note ^^^^ @quad decade guy this is how you do it