New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
For the purpose of reports and numbers related to ORION, we are now having to be issued a second DIAD when we assist (take stops off) another driver! Seriously! Either you have to drive all the way back to the building and go all the way back to the other driver or someone inside the building has to drive all the way out to give you a new DIAD. You can no longer transfer the work on your current DIAD because it effects the damn ORION reports.

Clearly, it isn't about saving miles or time or money. It is now about reports, like everything else at UPS. Orion was created to save miles but now where going to add tons of miles to get second DIADs for no reason. Good one! God help our company, we're are going to need it with this absurd management.

What I don't understand is that upper management creates these tactics to make numbers look good to them knowing full well they're just manipulating the reports. So what's the point in it knowing that the numbers are faked?

When you say "issued", did you mean take it with you in the AM or they brought it too you?

If they had you take it or they brought it too you, they planned on you helping that driver for what ever reason (which everybody has already stated).

The IE planner, that would be the person who tells you how many stops/driver blah blah blah, has nothing to do with Orion that is some one else's problem.

SPC is KING! never forget that.

Everyone seems to get bent out of shape on how our reports read...kind of like how a drivers day reads, that's not what we put them on the road with but that's how they came back.

Frigid....I know what I want to type but I won't, watch what you post.

PT Car Washer

When you say "issued", did you mean take it with you in the AM or they brought it too you?

If they had you take it or they brought it too you, they planned on you helping that driver for what ever reason (which everybody has already stated).

The IE planner, that would be the person who tells you how many stops/driver blah blah blah, has nothing to do with Orion that is some one else's problem.

SPC is KING! never forget that.

Everyone seems to get bent out of shape on how our reports read...kind of like how a drivers day reads, that's not what we put them on the road with but that's how they came back.

SPC is king. Is that the reason my management team will have me come in early to help with some drivers pick ups then pull stops off of them?

By The Book

In the last year we lost our two best on roads. Ones that had at least one foot on the ground and could recognize the stupidity for exactly what it was: BS.
Both were fired for the same thing, "Dishonesty," from doing exactly what they were told by upper management.

You literally can't win at this place.

Friday I took some stops out that another driver brought back, I was given a different board to take out for those stops.
Sounds like you are emotionally invested in your management team....how does that make you feel? I think it just adds stress to your own stress, my advice...take care of number 1. I dought they were fired for following instructions.....more to the story and I don't care what it is....they eat their own. You were given another diad with that routes Orion loaded in it, makes sense to me.

JL 0513

It isn't simple because UPS.

You really are still a new guy.

I know, after over 8 years, most of what I know about UPS is from this site, sadly. Most of this knowledge isn't taught.

People use tons of acronyms here assuming we all know them. Few of them are ever used on the job.

I don't know what DOL or SPC means.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know, after over 8 years, most of what I know about UPS is from this site, sadly. Most of this knowledge isn't taught.

People use tons of acronyms here assuming we all know them. Few of them are ever used on the job.

Delivery Order Listing and Stops Per Car.

Or something like that.

By The Book

Delivery order listing, and stops per car.

JL 0513

The IE planner, ....

I've had to both go back to the building just to get a new DIAD and I've had to meet someone on road to be given a new DIAD. I'm pretty sure the day was started without the plan in place for me to help these drivers.

Another acronym. What is IE?

JL 0513

Didn't know it was so obvious...

In Explanation

Infective Endocarditis

International Efficiency

Ionization Energy

Information Element

Import Export

Inner ear

Information Extraction

Information Environment

Industrial Engineering

Inference Engine

Interrupt Enable

Information And Education

Independent Energy

International Edition

Intermediate Education

Interactive Entertainment

Information Entertainment

Information Electronics

Input Encoding

Independent Expression

Information Engineer

Inlet And Exit

Intelligent E

Immediate Exit

Industrial Excellence

Immunity Enhancement

Interconnect Element

Internal Exons

Instant Evaluation

Inert Electrolyte

Insert Entity

Intentionally Enhanced

Instrumental and Ensemble

Industrial Experience

Independent Event

Internet Explorer

In Example

Indo European

Inland Empire

Individual Education

Bottom rung

He's saying nothing more than your average on car sup twisting off on a rant after receiving a phone call about something, anything, while riding with any of us drivers. Secrets? There's no secrets at ups.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Didn't know it was so obvious...

In Explanation

Infective Endocarditis

International Efficiency

Ionization Energy

Information Element

Import Export

Inner ear

Information Extraction

Information Environment

Industrial Engineering

Inference Engine

Interrupt Enable

Information And Education

Independent Energy

International Edition

Intermediate Education

Interactive Entertainment

Information Entertainment

Information Electronics

Input Encoding

Independent Expression

Information Engineer

Inlet And Exit

Intelligent E

Immediate Exit

Industrial Excellence

Immunity Enhancement

Interconnect Element

Internal Exons

Instant Evaluation

Inert Electrolyte

Insert Entity

Intentionally Enhanced

Instrumental and Ensemble

Industrial Experience

Independent Event

Internet Explorer

In Example

Indo European

Inland Empire

Individual Education
Like Cosmo said its like you just started here.

Yes IE SPC odo rdo Edd pal. All of this is stuff I would expect most if not all upsers to know. At least full time drivers.

rod

Retired 22 years

Yes IE SPC odo rdo Edd pal. All of this is stuff I would expect most if not all upsers to know. At least full time drivers.

I know what IE is-----does that count? We just talked in plain English back in my day.

JL 0513

I've read thousands of posts and have never seen the UPS Industrial Engineer talked about. Stupid label for someone who translates stops to route count. This is some person who just speaks to the Center manager before drivers even wake up in the morning. Why would I know about him?

We don't talk in dozens of acronyms at work so sorry for some ignorance.