New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

ManInBrown

I would not do that.
Smart man. And you know what the worst part about that whole scenario is? Let's say Driver B agrees to peel the PAL labels off and takes work from Driver A. You know when Driver B gets back to the building and they hand him or her the DIAD, it's going to have Driver A's name in it. So B leaves a sig required. So fast forward 6 weeks and A is in the office being put on notice of discharge for leaving a SIG required that's now gone missing. Take NOTES every single day people. Anything out of the ordinary happens, jot it down. I take copious notes every day for my records.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Smart man. And you know what the worst part about that whole scenario is? Let's say Driver B agrees to peel the PAL labels off and takes work from Driver A. You know when Driver B gets back to the building and they hand him or her the DIAD, it's going to have Driver A's name in it. So B leaves a sig required. So fast forward 6 weeks and A is in the office being put on notice of discharge for leaving a SIG required that's now gone missing. Take NOTES every single day people. Anything out of the ordinary happens, jot it down. I take copious notes every day for my records.
When driver B scans the package in the building it will show the time and GPS coordinates of the scan, which will not be at the customer's location. If driver A is still on road delivering, the delivery record will show him delivering two different addresses at the same time which is impossible and proof of his innocence. If he has already clocked off and gone home it will show him delivering packages after he is off the clock, which will require a timecard edit, which he will have to sign off on. Either way, it is driver B or the management team who will take the fall, not driver A.

AKCoverMan

I look at it like this. It's not the drivers fault that we had to give him extra stops. He's going to miss his ORION trace % because of it. If that happens I have to talk to him about following ORION and why he has to do it. By giving him another DIAD I save the talk with, the ORION trace % is fine, and everybody above me is happy at the end of the day.
I love you Frig, I do. But you just proved my point. A whole bunch of wasted time and miles to make the level above you smile at manipulated numbers.

Plus don't you need to have a "talk with" the driver anyway since with the driver meet and taking extra stops the over allowed will be destroyed unless there is a hack to manipulate that number too.

ManInBrown

When driver B scans the package in the building it will show the time and GPS coordinates of the scan, which will not be at the customer's location. If driver A is still on road delivering, the delivery record will show him delivering two different addresses at the same time which is impossible and proof of his innocence. If he has already clocked off and gone home it will show him delivering packages after he is off the clock, which will require a timecard edit, which he will have to sign off on. Either way, it is driver B or the management team who will take the fall, not driver A.
OK. Then reverse the scenario. You're Driver B and you're a newb and agreed to there little game of BS. Now you're taking the fall

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why would you even bother to talk to him if you know it's not his fault? It's nickel-dime, ticky-tack :censored2:e like that that gives drivers a bad attitude. Now we're getting pulled in the office for silly stuff like fat-fingering a punch. center manager must get a boner or something when he can bring a driver in the office for something as ridiculous as not putting your lunch in.
Because my DM would want to see that I documented a talk with the driver.

In regards to lunch, the law here says you need to have a 30 minute lunch. We're not going to take the fall for you not taking a lunch.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I love you Frig, I do. But you just proved my point. A whole bunch of wasted time and miles to make the level above you smile at manipulated numbers.

Plus don't you need to have a "talk with" the driver anyway since with the driver meet and taking extra stops the over allowed will be destroyed unless there is a hack to manipulate that number too.
I just work as directed, same as you. Like I said in a previous post if you had a say 32% trace, I would be instructed to have a documented discussion with you about it. That's the big thing the last few weeks is delivering within trace in my district.

The overallowed shouldn't be destroyed that bad should you meet another driver and take stops off of him/her. If you're taking 15 stops off of him it shouldn't take long to transfer it all. It certainly wouldn't be the difference between running scratch and being an hour over.

JL 0513

My center is right on the coast so we have a lot of peninsula (neck) roads. There is usually one logical way to run these. It's one main road that runs to the water with a bunch of side streets branching off it. You simply run up and back doing one side street after the next in order right? Nope.

Orion just shuffles them up for no apparent reason. So you skip many stops on your right only to cross over on your way back. Even has you do stops on your left on your way down.

So I always switch to RDO for these roads where it is set up right.

9.5 everyday

Because the next sumbeech up the food chain sees a clean report, and that's all that matters.
This is probably the same some beach that says you need to make stops per car, and can only run 50 routes, even though there's 53 routes worth of volume. He's probably the same guy that pulls in head first to block you in while making a delivery so you have a back first exception.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We used to have to do that before Orion. They didn't want the number of overrides to be so much if you were from a different loop so they would make you get another board.
Lmao I remember when this was a deal. I ran a split route one day and 3/4 of the route I had to override. I think they got chewed on pretty good the next morning.

JL 0513

Lmao I remember when this was a deal. I ran a split route one day and 3/4 of the route I had to override. I think they got chewed on pretty good the next morning.

I run these often. They build these add/cut routes and half the stops I have to hit override because for some reason the board doesn't recognize it even though it's right there in EDD. I don't get that. Didn't know that is another reports issue for them.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I run these often. They build these add/cut routes and half the stops I have to hit override because for some reason the board doesn't recognize it even though it's right there in EDD. I don't get that. Didn't know that is a another reports issue for them.

The stops might be in EDD, but the board isn't loaded with those addresses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I run these often. They build these add/cut routes and half the stops I have to hit override because for some reason the board doesn't recognize it even though it's right there in EDD. I don't get that. Didn't know that is another reports issue for them.

Although the stops may be in EDD, the streets are not in your DOL and this is why you have to hit override.