New Video! Contract Ratified! Now Prepare for the Storm!

DOK

Each vacation week's pay is 1/52 of your previous year's earnings. There might be more details regarding worker's comp., disability, or lay-off; but I believe that's the gist of it.
Is that someone’s local language or is it now everywhere? Our vaca pay has been 45 hours forever.

Is that someone’s local language or is it now everywhere? Our vaca pay has been 45 hours forever.
That's many places' local language, @hondo was clarifying for @govols019 what was said in Greg's statement about how some are paid by the average and some are paid by a set amount of hours. Those of us paid 1/52 for vacation will not get retro checks for vacations taken during that covered time.

bumped

That's many places' local language, @hondo was clarifying for @govols019 what was said in Greg's statement about how some are paid by the average and some are paid by a set amount of hours. Those of us paid 1/52 for vacation will not get retro checks for vacations taken during that covered time.
Do centers that have the 1/52 of vacation pay get less drivers that take dead days?

Do centers that have the 1/52 of vacation pay get less drivers that take dead days?
No way for me to know that, but I took 23 dead days last year and still worked 2,484 hours because I also do feeder work. We have a few guys in my tiny center that don't hit 2,080 ever, I'm sure they lose money on vacation. For guys like me, it works out well, my vaca check is hundreds more than 45 hours would be.

DOK

No way for me to know that, but I took 23 dead days last year and still worked 2,484 hours because I also do feeder work. We have a few guys in my tiny center that don't hit 2,080 ever, I'm sure they lose money on vacation. For guys like me, it works out well, my vaca check is hundreds more than 45 hours would be.
Yeah I can see that, it’s loss for guys that get OT, a win for guys who only work 40.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The amount of people in the west that don’t hit their 2080 because of whatever reason is actually pretty eye opening…I don’t remember the exact % but I do remember when I heard the number I thought they were joking about it…nope.

Thebrownblob

Including those I have no idea, probably close.
I never understood the guys who come to work stand around and wait to go home. If I went to the trouble of getting up putting my Browns on and coming in, I’m most likely working. We have guys that do it sometimes two or three times a week if they can.

I never understood the guys who come to work stand around and wait to go home. If I went to the trouble of getting up putting my Browns on and coming in, I’m most likely working. We have guys that do it sometimes two or three times a week if they can.
Here, the last two guys who get the day have to wait for everyone to show up. We've had guys agree to answer the phone if there's a late call out and burn the company, so now those guys have to wait.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s ridiculous. By the time you drive back and fart around for a few minutes it’s afternoon.