New Video! Contract Ratified! Now Prepare for the Storm!

PT Car Washer

That's an exception.
Nobody has a problem with that.

But when you use air drivers to run a grind route on a continuous bases then that's a staffing issue.
I agree. Our PT air drivers very seldom run a ground route. Usually just pull some stops off or help with some pick ups. Most will turn it down unless forced. Not like some areas that have PT temp drivers that run routes everyday for months.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
1693370426782.gif

dudebro

That's an exception.
Nobody has a problem with that.

But when you use air drivers to run a grind route on a continuous bases then that's a staffing issue.
Oddly enough, that was exactly the question before the arbitrator. Were the misloads an unforseen exception, or, do we "know we're going to have misloads every single day" and should plan for them.

dudebro

I thought the new labels was supposed to eliminate misloads.
There are certainly spent a lot of money on those
We don't have the labels everywhere yet. Whaddya do if yesterday's label is stuck somewhere on the equipment (look around any SPA machine. There are some obstacles to work on...

oldngray

nowhere special
You can file but you won't win if there is no other alternative. Like using a PT air driver or even any PT riding along and paying him top driver rate for the day.
Management will tell you you can't win to dissuade you from filing a grievance.

They are frequently wrong. I had a situation where I filed when they tried to tell me not to. It was a quick pay the man win.

You can file but you won't win if there is no other alternative. Like using a PT air driver or even any PT riding along and paying him top driver rate for the day.
No other alternative? Pretty easy to send a lower seniority package car driver back out, or tell a driver to come back and get them. Seen it done before, relatively often. Many simple alternatives, really.

PT Car Washer

No other alternative? Pretty easy to send a lower seniority package car driver back out, or tell a driver to come back and get them. Seen it done before, relatively often. Many simple alternatives, really.
Not really that simple. Ask from the top and force from the bottom and most of our bottom seniority delivery drivers are already out past 9PM.