New Video! Contract Ratified! Now Prepare for the Storm!

govols019

You smell that?
What I don't understand is why nobody in his building files a grievance on him working so much.

I'm not gonna hate on him when it looks like none of his coworkers have the spine to stop it.

Commercial Inside Release

Also, don't know where you get management that actually would ever do anything physical. Around here if management ever had to run a 6-hour route, they were still crying about it three weeks later, or still expecting a pat on the back.

Thebrownblob

Just wish some people would stay in their own lane. Causing trouble when there was no trouble before. If your Local does not want to use air drivers for ground work when there are no other options, that is your business. If my Local would rather have dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work instead of management, that is our business.
There’s no other options? There’s plenty, they could hire for one or how about not lay them off so you don’t have to file a grievance on them working in car wash?

What I don't understand is why nobody in his building files a grievance on him working so much.

I'm not gonna hate on him when it looks like none of his coworkers have the spine to stop it.
There have been grievances filed for air drivers delivering ground packages or pick ups. They lost because there were no other options for making service.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Just wish some people would stay in their own lane. Causing trouble when there was no trouble before. If your Local does not want to use air drivers for ground work when there are no other options, that is your business. If my Local would rather have dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work instead of management, that is our business.
1693337277295091.jpg

dudebro

FWIW, this was my experience. When I worked at the airport, we'd get ground misloads (from PHL).

We forwarded the packages to the preload with air drivers to service them on time. Often, they'd say "I can't take this I'm an air driver" and the response was always, "You CAN, provided we pay you top ground rate.".

That was what we did. It was a better business-decision than domiciling a ground driver with 8 hours to fill out of the airport, or paying a bunch of ground drivers a round trip out of their home building.

When the grievances went to panel, arbitrators generally ruled that the language to handle that situation was right there in the contract, so was not a violation so long as the driver was paid.

FWIW, this was my experience. When I worked at the airport, we'd get ground misloads (from PHL).

We forwarded the packages to the preload with air drivers to service them on time. Often, they'd say "I can't take this I'm an air driver" and the response was always, "You CAN, provided we pay you top ground rate.".

That was what we did. It was a better business-decision than domiciling a ground driver with 8 hours to fill out of the airport, or paying a bunch of ground drivers a round trip out of their home building.

When the grievances went to panel, arbitrators generally ruled that the language to handle that situation was right there in the contract, so was not a violation so long as the driver was paid.
That's an exception.
Nobody has a problem with that.

But when you use air drivers to run a grind route on a continuous bases then that's a staffing issue.

No it's improper staffing
It says company big money by not paying full-time pension to air drivers to be ground work
no it's literally just bad dispatching

I've seen it a billion times and I've done it myself; dispatchers don't give a flying :censored2: what the staffing situation looks like, if they have 20 stops that they just can't fit into the plan (in a smart way) then they take the easy way out and dump it on a PSP