New Video! Teamsters: Then vs. Now

HubSnakeWrangler

Such a great vid. I was an 18yr old pt'er who'd just gained seniority the last week of June 97. So naive to the workings of the union; let alone participating in a strike. Very intrigued about the inner workings and strategies used to win for us. When ups sent out their last, best, final offer with the profit sharing and proposing their takeover of our pension I was ready to sign on to anything presented to go back to work. Of course veteran employees schooled me about the down sides of the concessions and I'm much better for it. Definitely will check out the movie about Diana's life. Thanks again for your informative vids.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Hooker is a joke who thinks more about himself than his members. While negotiations were going on, he signed a non disclosure so there could be one voice. He was getting on CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, etc so he could push his own agenda. Apparently, he is talking about running for international president already. The guy knows nothing about being a Teamster. He only has Ups as an employer and does a crappy job of protecting those employees. When he was trying to get elected, he made all kinds of promises for the contract. He was the lead negotiator this time and got very little on his supplement. The national had to get most of the changes for him. Joke

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hooker is a joke who thinks more about himself than his members. While negotiations were going on, he signed a non disclosure so there could be one voice. He was getting on CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg, etc so he could push his own agenda. Apparently, he is talking about running for international president already. The guy knows nothing about being a Teamster. He only has Ups as an employer and does a crappy job of protecting those employees. When he was trying to get elected, he made all kinds of promises for the contract. He was the lead negotiator this time and got very little on his supplement. The national had to get most of the changes for him. Joke
31167137-12F0-4FA0-B8A5-9EE97D8F9972.gif

RoswellHub

What I think is a real joke is you literally got every fact wrong in this statement. I think my hand is going to cramp from correcting it all.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
What I think is a real joke is you literally got every fact wrong in this statement. I think my hand is going to cramp from correcting it all.
Just rechecked all my facts...I made one mistake in that his local has 1 other small contract of about 20 for greyhound bussing.
Everyone in negotiations signed a non disclosure agreement according to IBT and local officers. He broke it. He did multiple interviews which are available online. I didn't mention the Philadelphia Enquirer and other TV stations but I saw the others. Some of his feeder drivers say they have heard him talk about running against Obrien. He did make all kinds of promises when running about the next contract and got none of them. His supplement is on the Teamster page so check it and see what was done by national and what was done by him. The only major change was that he got his own panel instead of the atlantic supplement panel because he lost so many cases he thought his local was targeted. It might just be that he sucks as a business agent. They have a sitting arbitrator on atlantic per their supplement so I'm guessing they must be in on it as well(sarcasm).

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just rechecked all my facts...I made one mistake in that his local has 1 other small contract of about 20 for greyhound bussing.
Everyone in negotiations signed a non disclosure agreement according to IBT and local officers. He broke it. He did multiple interviews which are available online. I didn't mention the Philadelphia Enquirer and other TV stations but I saw the others. Some of his feeder drivers say they have heard him talk about running against Obrien. He did make all kinds of promises when running about the next contract and got none of them. His supplement is on the Teamster page so check it and see what was done by national and what was done by him. The only major change was that he got his own panel instead of the atlantic supplement panel because he lost so many cases he thought his local was targeted. It might just be that he sucks as a business agent. They have a sitting arbitrator on atlantic per their supplement so I'm guessing they must be in on it as well(sarcasm).

Are you in that Local ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you sure Richard was in negotiations?