New Wide Brim Hats??

Leftinbuilding

To be honest Helen, I think it does look better on the guys than the gals. And with the highback seats in the newer cars it can be a nuisance. I am really not all that concerned with fashion. I like the protection.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hehe, lots of different opinions. Mine is that it looks like something my dad or mom would have worn while working in the garden.

This is the hat I wore during bad weather for the last 8+ years. The one in the photo is the new one I bought right before I creamed my knees.

I suspect a much better looking hat, the chin strap can be tucked. It is the canvas hats that outback makes their coats from only stiffer. It takes crushing fairly well, and 100% water tight. Never got water down my neck.

UPS, how about offering this as something the drivers can wear, if they buy it?

Never had a sup say anything to me about wearing it, but then again, never made it a big issue either. Hint hint!

BTW, the UPS shield is off a shirt that was badly damaged with a leaker. So I salvaged it. The old had had the old style logo on it, also from a shir that bit the dust.

As for accessories, the UPS logo socks, you know, the ones that you bought from UPS that develop holes in the bottoms after a week? Cut the things off, hem the ends, and they make super sweat bands that fit nicely around your wrists.

For those that dont understand, photos can be taken.

d

New Englander

Why turn those socks into sweat bands?

Cut the toe area off and just pull them over a pair of standard socks! Sure saves paying $6 for a pair of crappy quality socks.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
My dear friend, when you work like I do, the my shirt is striped with salt at the end of the day. One of the biggest areas of sweat is the forehead, and the shirt sleeve ends up so full of salt that it is abrasive to the face.

Then again, when you are blessed to live in our area, days of 95-100 with 100% humidity brings out sweat just thinking about getting ready to go to work.

I find brown socks from walmart not only last longer, but are much cheaper. Nothing fancy, just brown.

d

Overpaid Union Thug

Is this a joke? Why would anyone wear that thing? It doesn't even go with the uniform. Sure....it's brown but there are many things that are brown that don't look right with our uniform. This hat is definitely one of them. If anyone wants to dress up like Indiana Jones for Halloween then I suggest getting this hat.

New Englander

My dear friend, when you work like I do, the my shirt is striped with salt at the end of the day. One of the biggest areas of sweat is the forehead, and the shirt sleeve ends up so full of salt that it is abrasive to the face.

Then again, when you are blessed to live in our area, days of 95-100 with 100% humidity brings out sweat just thinking about getting ready to go to work.

I find brown socks from walmart not only last longer, but are much cheaper. Nothing fancy, just brown.

d

Well most of us do work just like you do and have the same humidity to deal with.

I prefer keeping damp face cloths in my cooler with the 6 or so frozen bottles of water. Much more refreshing for wiping sweat :) Also why I wear the UPS visor.

BCFan

Who's colors are you wearing now Scratch(y)? You still be pimpin' with the Bloods? BC (not Blood Or Crypt)