New Wide Brim Hats??

over9five

Staff member
I have decided I must have one of these hats.

SERIOUS QUESTION:

Do they order them by size? Doesn't look like a "one size fits all" kinda thing!

S

speeddemon

Hey five, I have had mine for about a month now. I had to bring a prescription from my dermotologist in order ot get one. You have to measure you head because they are specific sizes. You would not believe the compliments I have gotten on the hat. It does a great job of keeping the sun off my face.

Cementups

Box Monkey
And a towel hanging at the side of the door?

d

We have a few drivers taht tie a towel to their handrail of the driver's side door. I hate this. People don't want to see your laundry hanging out the truck.

As for the sweat stains on teh shirts, wear a t-shirt underneath your brown shirt.

govols019

You smell that?
Why would anyone care about a towel? If something like that bothers someone then they have other issues they need to deal with.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sorry, Tshirts are only another layer. And the sweat has to evaporate off, so it is going through the UPS shirt to do so. Tried it, didnt help.

d

New Englander

Sorry, Tshirts are only another layer. And the sweat has to evaporate off, so it is going through the UPS shirt to do so. Tried it, didnt help.

d

The T-shirt does help. The UPS brown without a T-shirts will get the super dark wet look in very hot and humid area's. Very disgusting looking to be delivering in.

With a thin T-shirt on under it it will just get a damp wet look. The t-shirt will also filter a lot of the salting that can happen.

In humid area's the sweat is not evaporating off. It has no wear to go.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The sweat is, but the impurities within the sweat (like salt, other minerals and body waste) does not, and stains the shirt.

Sorry, I tried it both ways. As much as I sweat, equally wet both ways. Even down to having sweat in the shoes.

d

xen84

I'd just be glad if they made hats in my size. I have a pretty big head, and wear size 8 1/4 hats. This is huge. Even most dedicated hat stores I've been tohave to special order that size for me. The UPS hat I was given doesn't fit on my head, even at the biggest the adjustable strap gets.

Any ideas on how to get around this? Like, a hat store that'd custom-make me a UPS hat? I don't much enjoy not being able to wear a hat when I'm going out on my route.

(also, first post, woo!)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd just be glad if they made hats in my size. I have a pretty big head, and wear size 8 1/4 hats. This is huge. Even most dedicated hat stores I've been tohave to special order that size for me. The UPS hat I was given doesn't fit on my head, even at the biggest the adjustable strap gets.

Any ideas on how to get around this? Like, a hat store that'd custom-make me a UPS hat? I don't much enjoy not being able to wear a hat when I'm going out on my route.

(also, first post, woo!)

You might try giving Barry Bonds a call--he also has a big head, although his was caused by steriods. He may have a milliner he can put you in touch with. (Milliner--google it)

helenofcalifornia

There are guys in our center that have their hats made at one of those baseball hat stores. I think they pay $15 for one. It has the UPS logo on the front. Looks legit too. Big head-big brains?? What are you doing working for UPS? JK