Next CEO

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by jeepguy63, Oct 15, 2019.

1. jeepguy63

jeepguy63 Member

So what to make of the Kate Gutman announcement? Thoughts?

Seems to me that she needed an operations experience on her list of assignments to set her up to be the next Chief Commercial Officer; which must mean Jim Barber isn’t staying after peak.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

A gurl ?! Who's going to cook dinner at home ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Rumor is next CEO announced at Q3 earnings call. Barber would be best choice for CEO given his background but having a woman CEO would look good and UPS is all about perception and transformation these days so...

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Scott Price will be the next CEO. Sounds like they're setting the table to give Gutmann's responsiblities to Kevin Warren.

5. cherryred

cherryred New Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  6. PAUPSGuy

PAUPSGuy New Member

If you're right, which could very well be true. UPS leadership has its head firmly wedged in each other's 3rd point of contact. Getting rid of Peretz was smart, he placed a lot of stress on operations for stupid reasons some of which we'll never know. Barbers your guy if you want a future. He and Gutmann have some synergy if you listen to the calls. Where the hell is Barber going? Is all that experience going to up and retire?!? I guess this is how UPS handles the competition.

Go woke af to save face for no reason and alienate the hell out of everyone in the process. Gillet lost 8b, UPS will lose a lot more.

7. VacationIsCancelled

VacationIsCancelled New Member

I'd bet that Abney isn't leaving anytime soon.

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

10. textat3

textat3 Member

Yes Hoffa is being considered as next CEO as well as Tyler Binder. Rumor has it hall will be CFO.

11. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

The next CEO will just be keeping the chair warm for Jeff Bezos.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. What'dyabringmetoday???

Might as well.

13. Lineandinitial

Lineandinitial Active Member

Bezos will never be CEO...The helm at UPS isn't stimulating enough for a guy that can stick it to a Corporation like UPS and they just let it happen. He would be apt to change things and that would impact the implosion and inevitable demise of the company.

We're the next REA and we're doing it to ourselves....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. textat3

textat3 Member

Bezos will sit back and watch us dig our own grave....he might push us into it...but he won't buy us. He is a "liberal" and all, but only when it benefits him. The Teamsters don't benefit him.

15. What'dyabringmetoday???

Trump- he'll make driving a delivery truck great again. Lol.

16. Guitarpicker

Guitarpicker New Member

I must have missed this ( maybe on purpose ) - just heard that Jim Barber is retiring - bad deal for UPS as he was a great leader with proven results - so what is the Kate announcement - must have missed it ...

17. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Scott Price will be the next CEO. Jim Casey’s UPS is officially dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Been dead a while.

19. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

She’s on a special assignment for peak with all the Air people reporting to her. She’s going. To transform peak! No way she’s the next CEO. Price was hired for the job by the board. They probably told Barber the plan and that he’d end up running operations for Price (who knows less than ZERO about it) and he said thanks but no thanks.

20. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Jim and Price lock antlers all the time and since Jim announced he is leaving, what you posted makes sense.