Next CEO

jeepguy63

So what to make of the Kate Gutman announcement? Thoughts?

Seems to me that she needed an operations experience on her list of assignments to set her up to be the next Chief Commercial Officer; which must mean Jim Barber isn’t staying after peak.

worldwide

Rumor is next CEO announced at Q3 earnings call. Barber would be best choice for CEO given his background but having a woman CEO would look good and UPS is all about perception and transformation these days so...

Popeye

Scott Price will be the next CEO. Sounds like they're setting the table to give Gutmann's responsiblities to Kevin Warren.

PAUPSGuy

Scott Price will be the next CEO. Sounds like they're setting the table to give Gutmann's responsiblities to Kevin Warren.

If you're right, which could very well be true. UPS leadership has its head firmly wedged in each other's 3rd point of contact. Getting rid of Peretz was smart, he placed a lot of stress on operations for stupid reasons some of which we'll never know. Barbers your guy if you want a future. He and Gutmann have some synergy if you listen to the calls. Where the hell is Barber going? Is all that experience going to up and retire?!? I guess this is how UPS handles the competition.

Go woke af to save face for no reason and alienate the hell out of everyone in the process. Gillet lost 8b, UPS will lose a lot more.

542thruNthru

@Future for CEO!
20191016142859.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Bezos will never be CEO...The helm at UPS isn't stimulating enough for a guy that can stick it to a Corporation like UPS and they just let it happen. He would be apt to change things and that would impact the implosion and inevitable demise of the company.

We're the next REA and we're doing it to ourselves....

textat3

Bezos will sit back and watch us dig our own grave....he might push us into it...but he won't buy us. He is a "liberal" and all, but only when it benefits him. The Teamsters don't benefit him.

So what to make of the Kate Gutman announcement? Thoughts?

Seems to me that she needed an operations experience on her list of assignments to set her up to be the next Chief Commercial Officer; which must mean Jim Barber isn’t staying after peak.
I must have missed this ( maybe on purpose ) - just heard that Jim Barber is retiring - bad deal for UPS as he was a great leader with proven results - so what is the Kate announcement - must have missed it ...

Popeye

I must have missed this ( maybe on purpose ) - just heard that Jim Barber is retiring - bad deal for UPS as he was a great leader with proven results - so what is the Kate announcement - must have missed it ...

She’s on a special assignment for peak with all the Air people reporting to her. She’s going. To transform peak! No way she’s the next CEO. Price was hired for the job by the board. They probably told Barber the plan and that he’d end up running operations for Price (who knows less than ZERO about it) and he said thanks but no thanks.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
She’s on a special assignment for peak with all the Air people reporting to her. She’s going. To transform peak! No way she’s the next CEO. Price was hired for the job by the board. They probably told Barber the plan and that he’d end up running operations for Price (who knows less than ZERO about it) and he said thanks but no thanks.
Jim and Price lock antlers all the time and since Jim announced he is leaving, what you posted makes sense.