NLRB petition card distribution/collection begins

nospinzone

The fact remains that they did not thwart anything and has not stopped the teamsters when it comes to unionizing UPSF. Its only convienant for you to say that they reversed their decisions after the fact. Not to mention they did not make a visit to either UPS hub which is also interesting because that is what I thought the APWA was all about. This just does not add up for me, not to mention all the other inconsistancies with the APWA mantra.
Well, I guess if you find no shame or moral outrage in the physical and verbal intimidation that was used in Indy to persuade people to change their minds, then I guess you would be proud of the Teamsters "unionizing" that facility. But the people in Indy still have options and they know it. They just have to figure out what they want.

As far as the Brown side activity in Indy, believe it or not, there is some strategy involved in organizing a work force of over 200,000. The time and energy is focused on areas where there is interest, and if there isn't any interest in your hub, they won't come. APWA isn't forcing themselves on anyone. They went to the Blue guys in Indy because people up there asked them to come. If you feel snubbed, I'm sorry, but like I said, Danny and Van will not force their ideas on anyone who is not interested.

Bill

It appears you need to learn to read the articles you post. As posted earlier Allied is being taken over by its creditors and is in bankruptcy.

Does anyone find it ironic that this supposed card collecting event started a month before target release date for the new contract(if it does happen)? Is the APWA afraid the teamsters may come out with an even better contract that would thwart their pathetic efforts?
Hey Brett, remember the last time the Teamsters negotiated a contract for us back in 2002? They said it was the best contract ever. During this best contract, we endured pension cuts, and reduced health and welfare benefits. The only thing that I am afraid of is that the Teamsters will give us another "best ever contract". The only thing that the Teamsters increased was higher union dues, so that they can line their pockets further. The Teamsters admit that the pension is seriously underfunded, and more money is needed. As more employees retire each year, the pension fund gets further and further in the hole.
As far as the Teamsters starting to negotiate a new contract, it is just another device they use in order to deceive us into thinking that they are actually negotiating anything. The reality is that UPS will not pony up additional money to fund a pension that is given away to employees of other companies. If and when an agreement is reached, it will happen around the time that the current contract is due to expire August 2008.

brett636

I guess brett is the only one on this board that knows anything. Maybe some day he will clear the snot off his nose and realize he doesn't. Every one has their oponion, but don't call me a LIAR.

I will take my day in and day out experiences over your hearsay anyday of the week.

Bill

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......The so-called "members" of the APWA have in FACT;

1). Never held office in their Local.

2). Any of which, have been a part of a negotiating process.

3). Claim No experience.

4). Fully admit they live in "Right to work" states and don't pay dues.... but expect to benefit from those that do.

5). Fully admit they could care less about ANY other Teamster.....

6). Fully admit they have retained an "Anti-Union, Anti-Labor, attorney" to represent Them....

Fine example of true leadership....

The APWA can be summed up in these terms;

"Big handfull of give me"......

"And a mouthfull of much obliged".....

So the APWA is still hanging around browncafe......

Funny.... they don't post over at T-Net anymore.

This is the only place their pipe dream exists.

-Bug-
You represent the Teamster union. All you care about is that the money that UPS contributes annually (1.3 billion dollars) to the pension fund remains with the Teamsters, so you can continue to receive your big pension check when you retire. We, the employees of UPS, have taken pension cuts, and will take further cuts in the future, but your penson seems to be secure. You don't care about the hard working employee of UPS or any other company, just looking out for your big pay checks that we give you through union dues.

brett636

Well, I guess if you find no shame or moral outrage in the physical and verbal intimidation that was used in Indy to persuade people to change their minds, then I guess you would be proud of the Teamsters "unionizing" that facility. But the people in Indy still have options and they know it. They just have to figure out what they want.

As far as the Brown side activity in Indy, believe it or not, there is some strategy involved in organizing a work force of over 200,000. The time and energy is focused on areas where there is interest, and if there isn't any interest in your hub, they won't come. APWA isn't forcing themselves on anyone. They went to the Blue guys in Indy because people up there asked them to come. If you feel snubbed, I'm sorry, but like I said, Danny and Van will not force their ideas on anyone who is not interested.

If the teamsters use of violence didn't convince overnight employees to organize 5 years ago, why would it now? Considering how lax the gun laws are here in Indiana regarding personal defense any teamster organizer would have to be a complete fool to try to physically intimidate someone into joining.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You represent the Teamster union. All you care about is that the money that UPS contributes annually (1.3 billion dollars) to the pension fund remains with the Teamsters, so you can continue to receive your big pension check when you retire. We, the employees of UPS, have taken pension cuts, and will take further cuts in the future, but your penson seems to be secure. You don't care about the hard working employee of UPS or any other company, just looking out for your big pay checks that we give you through union dues.

Your statement is almost laughable....

My pension would be the same as any employee with the number of years and the contributions paid by my employer.... mainly UPS.

Does that answer your question 30 & out ?....

Engineer, You might want to do a little more research....

Stop drinking that TDU kool-aid....

Seems that the apwa has a better flavor....

-Bug-

1eyejack

U say u want the teamster to get a better contract we did don't u remember it was the best in history .. but they did not tell you when u sign up that they have the right to take out the 25 and 30 in out or cut benfits.. i'm glad they don't get contracts for basket ball players telling them they sign a deal for 30 mil and then thru the contract tell them they only get 10 mil there will be many lawsuits going on ..or yea thats right ur uncle jimmy is a ex lawyer he knows that u can not get out of a contract that u sign ....

Lizzard Toungue

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......The so-called "members" of the APWA have in FACT;

1). Never held office in their Local.

2). Any of which, have been a part of a negotiating process.

3). Claim No experience.

4). Fully admit they live in "Right to work" states and don't pay dues.... but expect to benefit from those that do.

5). Fully admit they could care less about ANY other Teamster.....

6). Fully admit they have retained an "Anti-Union, Anti-Labor, attorney" to represent Them....

Fine example of true leadership....

The APWA can be summed up in these terms;

"Big handfull of give me"......

"And a mouthfull of much obliged".....

So the APWA is still hanging around browncafe......

Funny.... they don't post over at T-Net anymore.

This is the only place their pipe dream exists.

-Bug-
Big Union GUY, your arrogance is whats wrong with the teamsters.You think that we work for YOU.Do you think the ONLY reason we get paid well is because of you.How about ups is very successful because of its employees, If the teamsters are so great then get Hoffa to organize Micky Ds and get them 27 dollars an hour, I for one support APWA.

govols019

You smell that?
A few more questions:

How many "charter" members does the APWA have?

How much money does the APWA have?

What about a strike fund? Will there be one?

How about a copy of the APWA constitution? I'd like to see that.

Will they have a PAC to influence Congress?

Last edited:

Ironshot

A few more questions:

How many "charter" members does the APWA have?

How much money does the APWA have?

How about a copy of the APWA constitution? I'd like to see that.

1) Call Danny ask if spots are open?
2) Knowing a dollar figure would help decide if it is a worthy cause?
3) Stike fund? rhetorical on your part Da?
4) Yes, it exists. Ask Van to show you at then next visit.
5) Again, how does this distant item of importance to a worker become a deciding factor on whether you would choose to give the APWA a chance? As you've seen over and over call Van and ask?
Personally, Since the IBT offers nothing short of a good screwing to it's members, stay with them if you need to be in a abusive relationship. Currenty just the possibility of dumping them is appealing. Maybe you want to work until you're 62? Or get just 40 some percent of the UPS dollars that UPS dumps in the joke of a pension called the CS. Maybe you have the retirement so sewn up you know for a fact you'll never need to drive another vehicle or something to make ends meet. The IBT doesn't let you do much after you retire and let you keep getting your benefits. Perhaps getting way less then you really could in a pension check is ok, maybe you don't care when you die your wife or "companion" gets a 50% reduction in their survivor benefit? Oh after the IBT takes it $350 fee for the service making the amount about worthless. The five year limitation on the surviving spouses pension is something to boast about too! Perhaps it's the pull the IBT has with UPS? The clout that has consistently sold part timers short. The stagnant PT wages for some 20 yrs. The fact that the pension contributions made by UPS on the PTer's behalf doesn't help the IBT. It has been allowed to stay in Company hands. The clout the IBT brings to the negotiating table with it's stagnant/declining membership rolls, the debt/short fall in it's pensions. The fact Mike Eskew can squeeze Hoffa's sack and make him give up anything just about at this point in this stage of the IBT's existence. (The IBT is needing every penny it can get to just pay the pensions at this reduced rate as it stands now) the professional image we all see when the word "Teamster" is heard. (Forget the Vile language hurled at members when they dissent from the IBT view.) Forget the bricks tossed/shootings/threats. Well, unless you like living in a abusive relationship you may understand and realize the appeal of the APWA.

APWA, No Felons as Union Officials
.......... No multi salaries to Union leadership regardless
.......... No intimidation of it's members
.......... No limitation of what you do after retirement
.......... No age restrictions for retirement just time on the job
.......... No financial debt to hinder the negotiation process
.......... No donations to politics. It's your choice
.......... No withholding YOUR pension dollars from your spouse
Or Estate. IT"S YOUR MONEY!
.......... No pension baggage to "members" for companies
.......... no longer in business
.......... No Dues increase unless 66% vote yes for it
One would hope you can give it a chance, everyone counts in this effort to toss the criminal IBT enterprise out of your lives.
.......... Now, go do the right thing. Sign the APWA card.

nospinzone

A few more questions:

The strike fund will be given early attentions with the dues collected within the first six months. APWA expects to be able to build this fund quickly by continuing to collect dues at the rate which IBT charges for the first six months. Our overhead will be a fraction of the IBT's thus allowing for this. After six months, once the strike fund is secure, the dues will be cut in half.

PAC's......APWA's political influence will be isolated to legislation on an individual basis. APWA is only concerned with legislation that directly effects its members. Thus PAC's or congressional lobbyists will be utilized on an issue by issue approach. No catering to political parties.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
spinzone,

Why is the apwa not registered with the dept of labor as a union ?

Why is the apwa's tax status listed as "non-profit religious organization" ?

Why don't you explain to the folks that after a decertification from the Teamsters they will work for a year with no contract or representation....

You expect that you can build a strike fund in 6 months.... Dream on. The Teamsters have 60 million in ours.

Then your are going to cut dues in half after 7 months.... Right.

Where are you going to get money for a Pac fund.... Can't use dues for that.... Has to come from donations from the members.

Your overhead would be lower.... The apwa is only 2 people.

-Bug-

nospinzone

Bug, Your childish insults almost make me cry.:crying: You're just so mean and ruthless that you almost scared me into throwing my hands up, giving up on the APWA, and running into the open, comforting arms of the IBT. :lol:

But to answer your same questions for, I believe the fifth time,,,,,
1. Why is the apwa not registered with the dept of labor as a union ?
The APWA will be registered with the DOL after we win the NLRB election. NLRB petition cards are being collected. Just be patient.
2. Why is the apwa's tax status listed as "non-profit religious organization" ?
APWA is listed as a 501(c)(3) entity for tax purposes. This tax classification includes a variety of organizations, including religious entities. As I have provided for you on numerous other occasions, here is the description that the IRS places on groups, not limited to religious entities, wishing to apply for a 501(c)(3) tax exemption...

IRS 501(c)(3) Exemption Requirements said:
The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and the preventing cruelty to children or animals. The term charitable is used in its generally accepted legal sense and includes relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged; advancement of religion; advancement of education or science; erecting or maintaining public buildings, monuments, or works; lessening the burdens of government; lessening neighborhood tensions; eliminating prejudice and discrimination; defending human and civil rights secured by law; and combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.Q
The APWA doesn't seek to profit from representing UPS employees, but only wishes to improve the workplace and compensation of its members.

3. Why don't you explain to the folks that after a decertification from the Teamsters they will work for a year with no contract or representation....Your lie about the NLRB election process hasn't become anymore convincing. If you visit the NLRB website and review the petition process, you will find that there are six kinds of petitions. The one applicable in our situation is the RM petition which provides for an election with a definable winner if one or more individuals or unions have sought recognition as the bargaining representative, or based on a reasonable belief supported by objective considerations that the currently recognized union has lost its majority status. SOURCE. Now if we were wishing to simply decertify the Teamsters, your'e arguement would be correct. However, using the RM-petition, this guarantees that there will be a winner of the election, and the newly elected CBA, by definition, has the power and expressed approval of the voters to engage in negotiations with the employer to secure a contract. And I've already provided you with documentation of the precedence in a NLRB case that protects the old contract while a new contract is being negotiated with a newly elected bargaining agent....STATUS QUO.
Now, BUG, tell me why would the NLRB hold an election and then tell the new bargaining agent that they can't negotiate a new contract for a year?? Better yet, show me a source in the NLRA that validates your lie!
4. You expect that you can build a strike fund in 6 months.... Dream on. The Teamsters have 60 million in ours. Then your are going to cut dues in half after 7 months.... Right.You can never have too much reserve in your strike fund, but those first six months will get us well on the way. The strike fund will grow quickly and the APWA will be able to cut their dues because they dont have the added expense and overhead of servicing a million other members who have nothing to do with our work at UPS. And since the APWA isn't in the business of profiting from its members, why should they continue collecting dues at the IBT's inflated rates?

5. Where are you going to get money for a Pac fund.... Can't use dues for that.... Has to come from donations from the members.
You answered your own question.

6. Your overhead would be lower.... The apwa is only 2 people. Really? If you choose to ignore reality, thats your perogative. But if you would like to read it in black and white......
Potential Teamster rival begins campaign to woo UPS employees said:
The APWA seeks to become the collective bargaining union for parcel-service workers at UPS, based in Atlanta, Mr. Skillman said. Some 12,000 Teamsters at UPS joined the APWA, paying its $150 per person initiation fee, Mr. Skillman said.
SOURCE: Pensions & Investments Online
By Barry B. Burr
March 5, 2007, 6:01 AM EST

LIES AND DECEPTION AND LIES AND DECEPTION AND LIES AND DECEPTION AND LIES AND DECEPTION AND LIES AND DECEPTION

Expect more of that if we stay with the Teamsters.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Spinzone,

Thanks for confirming what I posted was correct.

Also, a real big thanks for posting that the apwa plan is to file a RM petition.

Not a RC petition.... because the apwa is NOT a union.

UPS is behind the apwa. Plain and simple. :cool: Thanks.

-Bug-

Lizzard Toungue

BIG UION GUY YOU AND THE TEAMSTERS ALLWAYS TALK ABOUT THAT 60 MILLION STRIKE FUND. IT WOULD LAST UPS TEAMSTERS ON STRIKE LESS THAN 2 WEEKS. 60 MILLION `DIVIDED BY 250000 = about $240. I know parttimers get less but this strike fund is not going to do much for most UPSers.