No ‘stacking’

F

Frankie's Friend

Safe walk space in the car?

(insert Goodfellas meme)
Would be great if someone took that on with the government agency with jurisdiction (osha).

If the front of the truck is loaded closed and it is deemed to be an escape route without egress (or parked so that you cant get out a side door) the rear has to be open as does the walk path to the nearest exit.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What makes it more confusing is that a week ago I had my observation for 2 days. I got 100% on all the questions asked of me, pulled over 250 pph both days, the guy observing me said that my assignment is ‘horrible beyond belief’ based on average package size and volume, and that I’m doing a good job. This place is just....I dunno. 20 different bosses all saying different things. You just can’t win. ‍♂️
Tell the bosses to do it and you’ll observe how to do it “the right way” since the weenie supervisors seem to have all the (different) answers.

Yolo

It's just some part time supervisor trying to justify his existence. Just have to learn to ignore them.

Jvoorhees1984

i mean seriously, for a preloader it’s completely irrelevant, piece size destroys any consistency you could ever have in PPH
I tried explaining that same point to the sup. That based on the sizes of the packages in the cages it is impossible to go faster. His answer? ‘All trucks have big packages.’ Hahah, what great insight!

Jvoorhees1984

3A3B6CCA-4CF2-4B19-964F-649EE0E0AAAE.jpeg
This is from this morning. Not included is the no exaggeration 25 big size packages that were left outside.

F

Frankie's Friend

Notice the loader buried in pic number 2.

Time for an OSHA visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slacker45

I’m 5 1/2 months in. Supervisor told me I could be let go and or suspended if my piece count isn’t where it needs to be. Not only does the commercial route have huge ass packages, it’s also much smaller than a regular size package car. It gets tight in there very quickly. This place just makes no sense, logic doesn’t exist. They want blood from a stone.

Nothing in the contract about numbers, but if he mentions termination again because of numbers I would request a steward, and refuse to talk about numbers untill he gets you one. Your entitled to a steward if you believe the conversation management is having with you could lead to any form of disipline.

So just drop that one on him. I'm sure hed love to explain to a steward why hes using numbers as a threat.