No call no show. Help!

J

jibbs

Isn't that the app used by smart phones??

lmfao

his first post in this thread doesn't have that sig, though. it's not unreasonable to not bring your phone to work at all as a package handler. It can get extremely hot or cold inside our cars while we're working, and sometimes the temperature can reach a point where it's damaging to the phones. Also, security. Some people aren't comfortable leaving their expensive ass phones anywhere other than on their person.

Many of us work in a center where we're technically not allowed to bring cell phones inside with us anyways. I could see why he wouldn't bring it with him, especially as a new(er) hire who hasn't realized that management tends to pick and choose who to enforce the cell phone thing with.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't imagine driving anywhere without my cell phone.

You should try it sometime----it's actually quite liberating.

I did it the other day when I was in town running errands.

I would never do it if I had to go out of town. Some of the roads in my area have parts where if you broke down you could sit there for awhile before someone drives by.

Z

ZQXC

I can't imagine driving anywhere without my cell phone.

I go for entire weekends without turning on my cell.

omg-omg-moments-28947388-800-554.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My cell phone is in my car on the charger. I almost never carry it on my person. I leave it in the truck at work. I view a cell phone as a leash and this Joeboodog likes to run free.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it is very unprofessional to carry the cell phone with you and to have it ring while making a delivery.

Mine is clipped to the cupholder.

You must feel lonely being out of touch with your center manager for those few moments it takes you to complete a delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I keep mine,on silent. that way,Its not a distraction.

Why do you even need to carry it on your person?

I am there to work, not chit chat. I started bringing my cell to work to make sure the kids could get a hold of me if needed-----I now use it to make my work day easier. Calling ahead on CODs and calling consignees for address corrections make my day easier. I do not call pickups----they pay up to $20/week to see my smiling face.