No Call, no show (preload)

Back From Break
The company and the Union agree I am to be paid $36.85/hr for an unskilled job or $37.90/hr for a skilled job.

No, the Company and Union agreed years ago to that. You are one of the few left in the Company red circled, that the Union and Company agreed not to cut your wages.

Exactly my thinking. $40/hr delivery drivers will be a thing of the past. It may take 10 or 15 years, or less.

Just like a $37.90/hr part timer. A thing of the past.

Back From Break
The Teamsters union isn't what it used to be thanks to people like you!!

People like me? You're funny.

At the Sunday Union meeting, I look around and see a handful of other UPS employees, and none are part timers.

If the part times were treated better and schooled what its about to be a teamster

I welcome each and every part timer that starts here. I explain what it means to be a member, and the benefits of the Union.

They pay more attention to their cell phones than me. They bitch and moan why they have to pay an initiation fee and Union dues for something that they say they will never need or don't want to be a member of.

I am sure more would stick around and god forbid the union would become stronger and more militant

You're giving these kids these days too much credit. They don't care. Let me rephrase that. The majority of them don't care.

You may be an exception, but you are an exception.

Back From Break
Longshoreman make $40 dollars an hour for basic unskilled longshore jobs like taking the cones off a container.I don't think you need a degree to do that.

I was talking about part time wages. Are there part time longshoremen making $40/hr?

We make $40/hr to deliver cardboard as full time RPCD's.

Back From Break
The company has shown that they can fill these jobs with $21/hr FT drivers. Why pay more?

You do realize that is just the starting rate, right? While I do not agree with a 4 year progression, newly hired RPCD's can still get up to top rate and newly hired 22.4's can get up to $35/hr.

@Swanson and @takesteady also say that I am the problem. They are clueless. When is the last time one of these two went to a union meeting, or tried to organize other part timers, or tried to get them to vote on a contract. If they did, they didn't do a very good job.

They talk about solidarity, but there is no solidarity among part timers. Most don't care. We just have to look at the vote in 2018 to prove it.

Back From Break
Idk 2018 showed fulltimers don't really care to vote.

You are correct. I limited it to part time workers not caring, but it also goes to full time workers. The difference is that a bigger percentage of part time workers don't care. Although, it is usually just a temporary gig for these part timers, so I can almost see why.

I cannot excuse full timers for not caring or voting, it is their livelihood.

So where is this "solidarity" posters are accusing me of not having. I'm involved with the Union. I go to Union meeting. I go to the craft meetings. I push the Union to all new hires at my building. I vote on every contract.

Just because I said that UPS will never pay part timers $40/hr out of the goodness of their heart. But I did say, and some people won't acknowledge it, that part timers can increase their wages by standing together and fighting for it. They have the numbers and can control their own fate. They just bitch and moan about wanting more money but will not do anything about it and will not fight for it. They want me to fight for them while they refuse to stand next to me and fight for themselves.

Back From Break
Do the Longshoreman Union allow PT workers?

Nope. The difference is that UPS has always had part time workers. Most of the work is not geared toward full time, and that will never change.

Most buildings run a 4 hour sort in the morning and a 4 hour sort in the evening. UPS would love to make this a full time, split shift job. Work 4 hours in the morning, take 9 hours off, and then work 4 hours in the evening.

takesteady

You do realize that is just the starting rate, right? While I do not agree with a 4 year progression, newly hired RPCD's can still get up to top rate and newly hired 22.4's can get up to $35/hr.

@Swanson and @takesteady also say that I am the problem. They are clueless. When is the last time one of these two went to a union meeting, or tried to organize other part timers, or tried to get them to vote on a contract. If they did, they didn't do a very good job.

They talk about solidarity, but there is no solidarity among part timers. Most don't care. We just have to look at the vote in 2018 to prove it.
I like how it’s my personal fault for how the contract turned out, but when it comes to the massive concessions made on behalf of full time drivers, it was just a nebulous fluke that couldn’t be stopped and happened despite you being a hard working, model union man. What a joke lol. It really is quite rare to meet someone with such stunning lack of self awareness.

Again, just look at how passionate you are getting at the mere mention of a raise for part time employees. It’s obvious to everyone that you don’t respect us or the work that we do. If that attitude carries over to your building, I can only imagine why it seems like part timers don’t want to associate with someone like you.

Back From Break
Again, just look at how passionate you are getting at the mere mention of a raise for part time employees. It’s obvious to everyone that you don’t respect us or the work that we do.

What are you talking about?

Here, let me help you out...

I agree that you should be paid more because UPS can afford to pay you more

Now for the rest...

I like how it’s my personal fault for how the contract turned out

Again, I said "you" in general, referring to part timers as a whole. While you may be an exception, you are an exception.

it was just a nebulous fluke that couldn’t be stopped and happened despite you being a hard working, model union man

I'm only one person. I can't make people get involved or vote if they don't want to or don't care, but at least I try.

I can only imagine why it seems like part timers don’t want to associate with someone like you

With who, someone who attends Union meetings, gets involved, backs the Union, tries to get other members involved to secure their own future....

Yeah, you're funny.

takesteady

What are you talking about?

Here, let me help you out..
I think you missed a few important parts from our discussion, let me help YOU out..
. You tell me. What do you think a part timer should be paid to load/unload cardboard boxes from a trailer, or to load/unload cardboard boxes into a package car?

I understand it is a physical job. I did it for 3 years. But it requires no education what-so-ever and no special skillset. I agree that you should be paid more because UPS can afford to pay you more, not that the job deserves a higher wage than what Amazon, ABF, FedEx, DHL, USPS, Walmart, etc, pays.

Wow, what a ringing endorsement of our jobs. Much respect! How could those entitled, uneducated part timers ever get the idea that you don’t value them. 🙄

It's free. Breaking their backs for it is being overly dramatic. It can be a physical job, depending on what you do.
Yeah, I wonder why the part timers in your building aren’t lining up to support you...

takesteady

Again, I said "you" in general, referring to part timers as a whole. While you may be an exception, you are an exception.
That’s weird...

sounds a hell of a lot like you’re calling me out specifically. But of course, you aren’t to blame for the :censored2:ty concessions made for the full timers, I am , even though like you I go to every single meeting and educate new hires about the union, but I’m an exception and must not have done a very good job. FOH dude, you sound like a scab. I bet you are one of those drivers who endlessly cry to management about their loader and try to get them disciplined.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I like how it’s my personal fault for how the contract turned out, but when it comes to the massive concessions made on behalf of full time drivers, it was just a nebulous fluke that couldn’t be stopped and happened despite you being a hard working, model union man. What a joke lol. It really is quite rare to meet someone with such stunning lack of self awareness.

Again, just look at how passionate you are getting at the mere mention of a raise for part time employees. It’s obvious to everyone that you don’t respect us or the work that we do. If that attitude carries over to your building, I can only imagine why it seems like part timers don’t want to associate with someone like you.

sorry cuz no need to get your panties in a wad
Part timers are disposable it’s a parttime job. treat it as such. If you want more money get a full time job. Plenty of opportunities

PT Car Washer

Nope. The difference is that UPS has always had part time workers. Most of the work is not geared toward full time, and that will never change.

Most buildings run a 4 hour sort in the morning and a 4 hour sort in the evening. UPS would love to make this a full time, split shift job. Work 4 hours in the morning, take 9 hours off, and then work 4 hours in the evening.
UPS did not always have PT Union members. UPS asked the Teamsters if they would allow PT in the 1960's. The Teamsters agreed if UPS would pay PT the same wages and benefits as FT. Since Union dues are based on a members hourly rate, the Union saw this as a great way to double or triple the number of dues paying members.

Back From Break
I think you missed a few important parts from our discussion, let me help YOU out..

Like I said. You deserve to be paid more, but not $40/hr for a part time job. Read it again.

Wow, what a ringing endorsement of our jobs.

You load/unload cardboard boxes. Give me a break.

Yeah, I wonder why the part timers in your building aren’t lining up to support you...

They’re not lining up to support anybody. They don’t care.

sounds a hell of a lot like you’re calling me out specifically

I called you out asking what you are doing besides bitching about other people.

but I’m an exception and must not have done a very good job

If the shoe fits.

I bet you are one of those drivers who endlessly cry to management about their loader and try to get them disciplined.

How much?

Part timers are disposable it’s a parttime job.

But they are entitled.

UPS did not always have PT Union members.

OK

How about in the modern era. Is that better?

UPS was a much different company in the sixties. Drivers loaded their own trucks, delivered and then unloaded their trucks.

Some buildings still do that, but with the volume we have today, ain’t gonna happen.

nWo

Like I said. You deserve to be paid more, but not $40/hr for a part time job. Read it again.

You load/unload cardboard boxes. Give me a break.

They’re not lining up to support anybody. They don’t care.

I called you out asking what you are doing besides bitching about other people.

If the shoe fits.

How much?

But they are entitled.

OK

How about in the modern era. Is that better?

UPS was a much different company in the sixties. Drivers loaded their own trucks, delivered and then unloaded their trucks.

Some buildings still do that, but with the volume we have today, ain’t gonna happen.

For someone whining about someone being entitled. You seem pretty entitled yourself. I mean don't break an arm jerking yourself off dude..

nWo

We should not have Teamsters making minimum wage. It's a complete failure and embarrassment by the Teamsters leadership. Market rate adjustments needs to be addressed in the next contract.