No Call, no show (preload)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's a lot better than a minimum wage job with no benefits but the wage should be higher. Pretty crazy that part-timers only make like $14/hr in some parts of the country. In-N-Out pays more than that.
It’s a part time job you’re lucky you get anything
Don’t like it
Head on over to In n Out

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's a lot better than a minimum wage job with no benefits but the wage should be higher. Pretty crazy that part-timers only make like $14/hr in some parts of the country. In-N-Out pays more than that.
I agree, IMHO starting pay for this type of job should be $20.00/hour with all benefits being the same.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Missed work but didn't call in; (preload) what's going to happen when I got in tomorrow?
World revolves around you? Are you totally irresponsible in every other aspect of your life?

innCDft3lGE3.gif

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Look at the date when this thread started Nov 2012. Bet the person that asked this question is long gone from UPS by now. If not please update us on where you are now almost 9 yrs later.

They do after they’ve been working for awhile
Wtf are you talking about
New hires don not receive benefits until 9 months after starting I believe. When I started I hit top rate after 90 days. Vacations and option days don't start until after a year. Pensions don't start until after 25 years. Who plans on working a minimum wage PT job for 25 years?

You need to check to see what GM is paying their FT workers now.

The days of a $40/hr assembly line job are long gone.

I do get your point of hiring PT workers and then working them damn near FT hours.
How long before the $40/hr delivery driver job is gone. The Teamsters have allowed that 25% of drivers be on a lower wage scale. How long before that is raised to 50% ? It will be the current RPCD drivers that will vote it in because it will not affect them.

Back From Break
How long before the $40/hr delivery driver job is gone. The Teamsters have allowed that 25% of drivers be on a lower wage scale. How long before that is raised to 50% ? It will be the current RPCD drivers that will vote it in because it will not affect them.

UAW did the same thing. It used to be $35/hr, and still is for the older workers, but the new workers get half. And no, I do not see it getting past 25%

The current percentage is enough to cover the Saturday and Sunday work. And no, I do not agree with the pay cut either. I am OK with the $25/hr while they work inside, but they should be at top driver rate when they deliver.

Roughly speaking, the average hourly pay for a member of the United Auto Workers currently ranges from $28 to $38 or so for those hired before September 2007, and between $16 and $20 for workers hired afterward.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Can you imagine the UAW allowing GM to hire PT Union members to work side by side with FT Union members and paying the PT $15/hr? And then working the PT 30 to 40 hrs/wk.
The sad reality is making minimum wage,having a criminal manager shaving your time card,working over 6 hours with a 10 minute break,having half the crew on a staggered start (without telling them) shaping up everyday especially new hires to save the billion dollar company a whopping 3.75!!Sending all the workers home having the supervisors do all the work because they don't want to pay us...15 dollars an hour in todays world does not equal the 9.50 that they were paying 20 years ago.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
it should start at 16 and a dollar raise every 3 months until you hit your first year

Last edited: