No Call, no show (preload)

PT Car Washer

You're kidding, right?

Next year. UPS expects to be at $15.50 then.

I know, barely above minimum wage, but if you fought for your wage rate instead of relying on the Union to give non voting PT'ers a raise, you may be getting more. Well, you're an exception.

PT'ers have the numbers. Vote and you will get a nice big raise.
Put the blame on the victim.

Back From Break
Put the blame on the victim.

You're not a victim if you don't stand up for yourself.

You're hit by a car. You say nothing to the insurance company or don't hire an attorney. Basically, you don't fight for what you deserve. You then get pissed 6 months down the road when you never receive a check in the mail.

I wonder why.

PT Car Washer

According to him I should move,great advise from a union brother.
Just what the company wants. To split the Teamster votes so we have to take whatever is offered. Which is why we now have a two tier delivery driver pay rate. Tempted to stick around another few years and see how bad the next contract will be.

takesteady

Next year. UPS expects to be at $15.50 then.

I know, barely above minimum wage, but if you fought for your wage rate instead of relying on the Union to give non voting PT'ers a raise, you may be getting more. Well, you're an exception.

PT'ers have the numbers. Vote and you will get a nice big raise.
What kind of backwards logic is this? We are all due paying members of the same union. Why are you so resistant to the idea of your brothers and sisters getting a raise to a livable wage? This is the exact mentality that Management would love to breed. Let’s also not pretend that the union hasn’t completely failed in mobilizing and reaching out to part time employees.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
What kind of backwards logic is this? We are all due paying members of the same union. This is the exact mentality that Management would love to breed. Let’s also not pretend that the union hasn’t completely failed in mobilizing and reaching out to part time employees.
Indeed,most of my co workers don't even know what a union is or does to them it is just an extra tax, they don't know about the contract,that they have rights or they can file a grievance.

meritocracy

More part-timers making more money and having the means and encouragement they need to become full-timers means a stronger IBT. Any non-management UPS employee who opposes that is a g-d idiot.

PT Car Washer

What kind of backwards logic is this? We are all due paying members of the same union. Why are you so resistant to the idea of your union brothers and sisters getting a raise to a livable wage? This is the exact mentality that Management would love to breed. Let’s also not pretend that the union hasn’t completely failed in mobilizing and reaching out to part time employees.
We used to get improvements every contract until the Union negotiated the PT two tier system. Ever since every contract has been another give back. While the FT blame the PT vote. The company has us just where they want us. Divided.

Swanson

More part-timers making more money and having the means and encouragement they need to become full-timers means a stronger IBT. Any non-management UPS employee who opposes that is a g-d idiot.
Thats why nobody wants to work there.

Swanson

We used to get improvements every contract until the Union negotiated the PT two tier system. Ever since every contract has been another give back. While the FT blame the PT vote. The company has us just where they want us. Divided.
Too bad the IBT didn't have a motto like the ILWU "An injury to one is an injury to all"

PT Car Washer

Every contract year I hear the same high seniority FT voting yes because the concessions don't effect them.

takesteady

Indeed,most of my co workers don't even know what a union is or does to them it is just an extra tax, they don't know about the contract,that they have rights or they can file a grievance.

And then get blamed or treated with indifference by their fellow union members. It’s really shameful. UPS is just twisting the knife at this point.

Swanson

Not all. I've met a lot of RPCDs and 22.4s who want things to change. It's partially a generational thing in my opinion. The issue is getting younger Teamsters to join and vote.
I don't live in a right to work state,but in reality what incentive aside from a light paycheck at the beginning of the month is there for a pt loader to join the union?I have received nothing not even a t shirt.

meritocracy

I don't live in a right to work state,but in reality what incentive aside from a light paycheck at the beginning of the month is there for a pt loader to join the union?I have received nothing not even a t shirt.
- only way to change things is by joining
- people who don't join are freeloaders...when it's explained to them a good number of people don't want to receive valuable and costly services without paying
- positive interaction with steward or BA

Swanson

- only way to change things is by joining
- people who don't join are freeloaders...when it's explained to them a good number of people don't want to receive valuable and costly services without paying
- positive interaction with steward or BA
I know I meant for the average Joe,in my 6 months at UPS I have filed over a dozen grievances management hates me, I need the union... I would say 75 percent of the workers doesn't even know what a ba is or does.