No comment!WTF

thedownhillEXPRESS

A strong leader is needed for any type of movement to begin.
Whether its civil rights, democracy, or a new union one.

MFE has helped build some momentum for people to get off the sidelines and start questioning management on their practices.

I applaud him for it...

vantexan

You think gleefully, you just cant separate any of this for what it is. But continue the pow wow with MFE being your ring leader. I actually came to Brown for Union news a while back and then found one ring leader drumming up a whole **** storm here. The person will do everything but just leave the pathetic situation they are in. Good times.

MFE my ring leader? Ask him, he'll tell you we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. You're just another apologist for a system that at it's heart is morally bankrupt. The only thing it has going for it is the other "isms" out there are just as morally bankrupt and even worse in terms of economics. It's just a matter of control, as in who is going to control who and enjoy the spoils of being in charge. Geez man, at least work on your spelling before coming on here to explain the ways of the world to us.

Right there are customers that do care to an extent. But my point is turn it around... How much do you care about everyone elses job situation? Too a point where you would stop buying from a place over possibly poor conditions. I do not know if Fedex falls under poor conditions even. The court of public opinion in regards to improving the Fedex employee situation isn't going to happen.

If stockholders cared about employee morale, they sure have a funny way of showing it. They care about one thing... Give me my return or I'm taking my money elsewhere, they don't care much about the employees plight. Some even ask for more restrictive employee perks to prop a stock up. How about the US companies that abandoned all workforce here to give the jobs to China? That sounds harsher, and the public, I guess we don't care. The plight of the Fedex employee seems less serious than this, where one wakes up and hears "sorry we don't even need to under pay you anymore, bye bye".

The Ugly Truth.
I guess you dont drink Fairtrade coffee? I bet you really like your new Iphone made by 8 year old Chinese slaves? I bet you are a big tipper and your waitress just loves your cheapass!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You think gleefully, you just cant separate any of this for what it is. But continue the pow wow with MFE being your ring leader. I actually came to Brown for Union news a while back and then found one ring leader drumming up a whole **** storm here. The person will do everything but just leave the pathetic situation they are in. Good times.

I'm nobody's ring leader. A lot of people's opinions about FedEx differ from mine. I don't get why you're so fixated on all of this, especially seeing that you don't even work for FedEx, much less the transportation industry.

I stay for the medical, and because there are few options for someone in my age category. I make most of my money outside of FedEx, and when I can get medical care (hurry-up single payer) costs manageable, I will leave. I will probably go PT soon anyway.

Glad you are so concerned. Now, go back to your pyramid for awhile and stay quiet for say, 3,000 years.

hypo hanna

The court of public opinion in regards to improving the Fedex employee situation isn't going to happen.

They will care only when it affects them. When service gets so bad they can no longer rely on FedEx and they only have UPS as an overnight shipping option. They enjoy playing one company against the other for the best rates and when that is no longer an available, then they will be concerned.

If stockholders cared about employee morale, they sure have a funny way of showing it. They care about one thing... Give me my return or I'm taking my money elsewhere, they don't care much about the employees plight. Some even ask for more restrictive employee perks to prop a stock up.

Absolutely correct. And the solution for us is the same. Bring service levels down so customers leave and you reduce the value of the brand. Stock price falls, stock holders start to scream at board of directors, BOD and executive management has to rethink their business plan as it relates to employee morale.
Right now their biggest problem is they think the bad service level can be fixed with more technology and more abuse of the drivers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They will care only when it affects them. When service gets so bad they can no longer rely on FedEx and they only have UPS as an overnight shipping option. They enjoy playing one company against the other for the best rates and when that is no longer an available, then they will be concerned.

Absolutely correct. And the solution for us is the same. Bring service levels down so customers leave and you reduce the value of the brand. Stock price falls, stock holders start to scream at board of directors, BOD and executive management has to rethink their business plan as it relates to employee morale.
Right now their biggest problem is they think the bad service level can be fixed with more technology and more abuse of the drivers.

I agree. The stock price is highly inflated right now in anticipation of money-savings that aren't going to happen due to lower productivity (low morale you mentioned), bad service, and an overdependence on technology we already know won't deliver the gains promised. The FedEx brand is becoming tainted, and as it continues to decline (along with service levels and lost customers) the stock will find it's true value. Stockholders will not be pleased.