No comment!WTF

TUT

Sorry to disagree. FedEx totally cares about their image and what the public thinks.

Nobody outside Fedex cares, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Tons of people are treated poorly and making less than Fedex employees, get in line.

As a customer I care about service and price, not your well being, in strictly a business sense. You think I have time to ponder your position? If I have extra time I'm thinking about my family, bills and dinner.

To me, "Fedex crafts an image" it's just more corporate blah blah, like Exxon and BP commercials telling us they really care and alternative fuels are important, they are doing everything they can to expedite those, right. What you mention about Fedex is so dime a dozen, yep these corps try to paint a rosy picture and brainwash us all.

Fedex may care, I'm just letting you know, those outside of Fedex that use Fedex, whatever to all of that. They got problems like I do.

Some here write things like "If the public knew" or "If the public get wind of this", it doesn't matter we don't live and breath Fedex. Do you have child labor issues? Perhaps we'll bat an eye there for a few minutes on a morning show. What will matter is if their performance drops and it has, not critically, but being monitored I assure you, it has dropped noticeably for 2 Day, overnight still good, ground still good and the other thing that always matters price. And if you don't use Fedex, I guess they are good for semi-funny commercials.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Sorry to disagree. FedEx totally cares about their image and what the public thinks.

Nobody outside Fedex cares, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Tons of people are treated poorly and making less than Fedex employees, get in line.

As a customer I care about service and price, not your well being, in strictly a business sense. You think I have time to ponder your position? If I have extra time I'm thinking about my family, bills and dinner.

To me, "Fedex crafts an image" it's just more corporate blah blah, like Exxon and BP commercials telling us they really care and alternative fuels are important, they are doing everything they can to expedite those, right. What you mention about Fedex is so dime a dozen, yep these corps try to paint a rosy picture and brainwash us all.

Fedex may care, I'm just letting you know, those outside of Fedex that use Fedex, whatever to all of that. They got problems like I do.

Some here write things like "If the public knew" or "If the public get wind of this", it doesn't matter we don't live and breath Fedex. Do you have child labor issues? Perhaps we'll bat an eye there for a few minutes on a morning show. What will matter is if their performance drops and it has, not critically, but being monitored I assure you, it has dropped noticeably for 2 Day, overnight still good, ground still good and the other thing that always matters price. And if you don't use Fedex, I guess they are good for semi-funny commercials.
You sure do spend a lot of time on here posting your opinion about our posts for someone who doesn't care what we think.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
And if you don't use Fedex, I guess they are good for semi-funny commercials.
nah, FedEx commercials haven't been even semi-funny in at least 20 years, and not truly funny in at least 25.
I know what you're saying about the general public not giving a ratzass about the "plight of the poor FedEx puke". I wouldn't expect them to. What I would really like to see though is an end to the perception by Joe Q. Public that we're soaking it all up like our cousins in Brown. Over the years I've learned to keep it a guarded secret who I work for when dealing with people in the service industry (auto mex, plumbers, electricians, etc.), lest they try to squeeze more $ out of me simply because they assume I have a big fat wallet because I work for FedEx. Because that's what most people think.

Chumpy

THEY DO! I was asked by a customer that I make the "big" money! I turned around,thought my UPS brother/sister was behind me! I said no,UPS is the big winner in that depaertment. When Fed Ex first started they were very close in pay/compensation but UPS started to take the lead and all we see is brown shoes and brown trucks way ahead of us!

vantexan

Depends. Can't tell you how many times over the years someone has mentioned "Castaway" to me or repeated the FedEx/UPS merger joke to me in all parts of the country. People do notice these things. If, as has been promoted on this forum, FedEx were foolish enough to force employees to hang around 11-12 hrs to get 7 hrs, and punish them even further by taking away their guarantee if they don't, I think decent people would care. I think there would be 10's of thousands of employees telling their customers what FedEx was doing to them. Some of those customers would contact newspapers, some would contact their congressmen. It's one thing when a poor delivery guy complains, quite another when a businessman with clout complains to others with clout. Could very well jeopardize the RLA status because, as some are fond of saying, that's not written in stone. FedEx would take a huge PR hit, and most likely a huge financial hit. Which is why it'll never happen. They care too much about their public persona to risk it when there are perfectly acceptable ways to reduce costs, like not giving raises. This is why I argued with R1a. He was saying it, the all day thing for 7 or so hrs, was a go and we'd be foolish to hang around. It was his obvious intent to get people all worked up and then quit, hurting the company anyway possible and causing people to screw themselves in the process. As always, we should be patient and take a wait-and-see approach. I didn't in '97 and screwed myself out of about $140,000 at this point. Live and learn. They don't deserve our respect for what they are doing, but we should respect ourselves and not act rashly.

TUT

You sure do spend a lot of time on here posting your opinion about our posts for someone who doesn't care what we think.

I'm free to do as I choose, no? Do you really care all that much about every other worker and all their issues with their employer? Cheech and Chong had it right... "Things are tough all over". You guys wine a lot about a job where you can quit and find another, but no you'll do everything but that. Harsh, perhaps.

TUT

Depends. Can't tell you how many times over the years someone has mentioned "Castaway" to me or repeated the FedEx/UPS merger joke to me in all parts of the country. People do notice these things.

Right and Chateau Montellena gets a lot of the same think over the movie Bottle Shock. Now do I or you really care that several of their staff are under paid? It's a talking point, that's about it. Doesn't mean people intrinsically care about your situation, they got their own.

Take this for example... if you really cared about the treatment of people in the labor force, you'd have a hard time stomaching a lot of products right now as they come from China where there are forced to work at a slaves wage. Many of these families live in the factories, the bunks are in the factory. That is all they do. How worried are you?

TUT

nah, FedEx commercials haven't been even semi-funny in at least 20 years, and not truly funny in at least 25.
I know what you're saying about the general public not giving a ratzass about the "plight of the poor FedEx puke". I wouldn't expect them to. What I would really like to see though is an end to the perception by Joe Q. Public that we're soaking it all up like our cousins in Brown. Over the years I've learned to keep it a guarded secret who I work for when dealing with people in the service industry (auto mex, plumbers, electricians, etc.), lest they try to squeeze more $ out of me simply because they assume I have a big fat wallet because I work for FedEx. Because that's what most people think.

That's a solid answer. Yeah I get at least having people understand UPS Driver != Fedex Driver. It won't really matter much, but just to have it more common knowledge helps conversations.

MAKAVELI

I'm free to do as I choose, no? Do you really care all that much about every other worker and all their issues with their employer? Cheech and Chong had it right... "Things are tough all over". You guys wine a lot about a job where you can quit and find another, but no you'll do everything but that. Harsh, perhaps.

As I'm free to do as I choose as well. If I choose to voice my opinion about my employer or as you say, " wine" then that's my right as well. If you don't like it then don't read it. It's hard for people like you and bb to understand that this is America. And I or anyone else wants to "wine" it's our right. If I were Cheech and Chong I don't think I would have any worries either. Just light up another fatty.

TUT

As I'm free to do as I choose as well. If I choose to voice my opinion about my employer or as you say, " wine" then that's my right as well. If you don't like it then don't read it. It's hard for people like you and bb to understand that this is America. And I or anyone else wants to "wine" it's our right. If I were Cheech and Chong I don't think I would have any worries either. Just light up another fatty.

Remember I never asked anyone here.... why do you post here? I get what forums are all about. Sounds like some want their own private "woe is me" channel.

But that isn't my point, my comments it seems some are taking as attacks. But as a Fedex customer I am letting one know, when things like: "if the public knew" or "Fedex sales is underselling Express for the gain of ground". Those aren't reality imo. We don't care much about your work situation and I'm sure that is mutual, we all want the best, but that is somewhat superficial. Or about the fears your sales team is setting Express up to fail, no we are using the Services Fedex is offering to our advantage. That's all, questions are asked or hypothesis shared here as if a customer cannot chime in to answer, well I guess you found one that will. I say try harder with a few of these theories.

Do you know what TUT stands for?

MAKAVELI

Remember I never asked anyone here.... why do you post here? I get what forums are all about. Sounds like some want their own private "woe is me" channel.

But that isn't my point, my comments it seems some are taking as attacks. But as a Fedex customer I am letting one know, when things like: "if the public knew" or "Fedex sales is underselling Express for the gain of ground". Those aren't reality imo. We don't care much about your work situation and I'm sure that is mutual, we all want the best, but that is somewhat superficial. Or about the fears your sales team is setting Express up to fail, no we are using the Services Fedex is offering to our advantage. That's all, questions are asked or hypothesis shared here as if a customer cannot chime in to answer, well I guess you found one that will. I say try harder with a few of these theories.

Do you know what TUT stands for?

Idk king tut? Like you said, your opinion , not everyones opinion. Believe it or not there are customers that do care. Not all customers are business owners just concerned with the bottom line. They are also stock holders concerned about the company as a whole and the moral of its employees is a big part of that.

vantexan

Right and Chateau Montellena gets a lot of the same think over the movie Bottle Shock. Now do I or you really care that several of their staff are under paid? It's a talking point, that's about it. Doesn't mean people intrinsically care about your situation, they got their own.

Take this for example... if you really cared about the treatment of people in the labor force, you'd have a hard time stomaching a lot of products right now as they come from China where there are forced to work at a slaves wage. Many of these families live in the factories, the bunks are in the factory. That is all they do. How worried are you?

Hey I read too and know all about FOXCONN. Wouldn't happen in this country but it's more telling about American businessmen(and others) who do business with those people. Remember this population is armed to the teeth and won't allow that but we have no control over their practices. Literally as most manufactured retail items are made there so we end up supporting that system whether we care to or not. And as hundreds of millions of Chinese are still in dire poverty they have an endless supply of cheap labor.

vantexan

Why IS he whining about wine? Is his cellar empty?

TUT

Idk king tut? Like you said, your opinion , not everyones opinion. Believe it or not there are customers that do care. Not all customers are business owners just concerned with the bottom line. They are also stock holders concerned about the company as a whole and the moral of its employees is a big part of that.

Right there are customers that do care to an extent. But my point is turn it around... How much do you care about everyone elses job situation? Too a point where you would stop buying from a place over possibly poor conditions. I do not know if Fedex falls under poor conditions even. The court of public opinion in regards to improving the Fedex employee situation isn't going to happen.

If stockholders cared about employee morale, they sure have a funny way of showing it. They care about one thing... Give me my return or I'm taking my money elsewhere, they don't care much about the employees plight. Some even ask for more restrictive employee perks to prop a stock up. How about the US companies that abandoned all workforce here to give the jobs to China? That sounds harsher, and the public, I guess we don't care. The plight of the Fedex employee seems less serious than this, where one wakes up and hears "sorry we don't even need to under pay you anymore, bye bye".

The Ugly Truth.

vantexan

Right there are customers that do care to an extent. But my point is turn it around... How much do you care about everyone elses job situation? Too a point where you would stop buying from a place over possibly poor conditions. I do not know if Fedex falls under poor conditions.

If stockholders cared about employee morale, they sure have a funny way of showing it. They care about one thing... Give me my return or I'm taking my money elsewhere, they don't care much about the employees plight. Some even ask for tighter employee perks to prop a stock up.

The Ugly Truth.

And we have you gleefully reminding us every chance you get. Thank you so much for setting us straight. The only thing that matters is the marketplace. Too damn bad if we don't like it. Got it.

TUT

And we have you gleefully reminding us every chance you get. Thank you so much for setting us straight. The only thing that matters is the marketplace. Too damn bad if we don't like it. Got it.

You think gleefully, you just cant separate any of this for what it is. But continue the pow wow with MFE being your ring leader. I actually came to Brown for Union news a while back and then found one ring leader drumming up a whole **** storm here. The person will do everything but just leave the pathetic situation they are in. Good times.

MAKAVELI

You think gleefully, you just cant separate any of this for what it is. But continue the pow wow with MFE being your ring leader. I actually came to Brown for Union news a while back and then found one ring leader drumming up a whole **** storm here. The person will do everything but just leave the pathetic situation they are in. Good times.

Why do you care about union news? I thought the customer could care less about working conditions.