No comments about the Pension news today

Oldfart

By the way, I believe you will have to withdraw on your PPP at 70.5 years. Might be wrong on that, but pretty sure I read that somewhere.
I asked retirement that. They weren't clear. You can withdrawal and reinvest. I was gonna let it sit till last. I like the no risk 4% return.

Oldfart

You make being halfway around the world sound bad. I assure you it's anything but. Truth is I live just as well on half my pension here as you will on your SS and 401k. But I digress. My wife wants to retire too, and will join me just as soon as we put a new roof on the house. I retired at 55, she will at 57, and living in beautiful areas with half the cost or less of the States makes it all possible. And I watch American tv on the internet, great picture and sound. I go to American movies in English. Eat at great restaurants. Had a fantastic hamburger the other day. Had a great steak with all the trimmings for $11. And even though this city has a Papa John's I went to a local pizzeria reputed to have great American style pizza. Had a great medium combo pizza for about $8.50. Local food is excellent too, can get a great local meal for $4. Currently sitting in a great coffee house on a couch watching FOX News. Drinking ice tea and eating cheesecake. Luckily I'm walking so much I'm keeping it off. Enjoy your canned food, pay through the nose for everything lifestyle. Or do without, which is what many FedEx retirees will have to endure just to get by.
I can afford to do all that as well with a number of exceptions. My wife is in the same house. My kids all live within 6 miles of me. My siblings are not far away and I enjoy all the sports and recreation that I want and live in America.

vantexan

I can afford to do all that as well with a number of exceptions. My wife is in the same house. My kids all live within 6 miles of me. My siblings are not far away and I enjoy all the sports and recreation that I want and live in America.
Point is I live fine on my retirement and am not existing on beanie weenies. A lot of people don't have what you have and it's not necessarily because they were irresponsible. I'm doing something about it so that I can give my wife a decent retirement. Not conventional like yours, but still decent.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You didn't participate in the OSP and RSP plans? Too bad.

Fully, genius. Since Day One of my eligibility. I have also supplemented my future crap FedEx pension with other income, which UPS drivers don't have to do. Did you know that a 30-year UPS Teamster pension is around $6K per month?

This has my station in an uproar, because if they're doing it to current retirees, it will eventually happen to us when we retire too.

Go watch FOX and watch Hannity perform :censored2: with El Presidente. All Trump is missing is the Moamar-style generalismo outfit.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fully, genius. Since Day One of my eligibility. I have also supplemented my future crap FedEx pension with other income, which UPS drivers don't have to do. Did you know that a 30-year UPS Teamster pension is around $6K per month?

This has my station in an uproar, because if they're doing it to current retirees, it will eventually happen to us when we retire too.

Go watch FOX and watch Hannity perform :censored2: with El Presidente. All Trump is missing is the Moamar-style generalismo outfit.

Note to moderators: The word "aural" means having to do with hearing. My ears are aural. Not a bad word.

Oldfart

Guess custodial didn't properly dispose of all the trash like they were supposed to. They left some behind.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly. FedEx is no longer responsible for those pensions...MetLife is. That means FedEx is completely off the hook in terms of responsibility. What a surprise.

You and every other critic of FedEx should be elated at this change.

If the pension isn't funded and/or paid, your state pension guarantor (not the federal guarantor) pays you a limited portion of your pension, NOT the full amount.

Read the very last page. I will be entering my final post on this forum during the next week. If you're interested, I'll have a few more facts for you to digest.

Fred has poured sand on it, forgotten the lube, and is pounding away unfettered.

Enjoy.

Yawn.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Your station is in an uproar because current retirees are being paid what they're supposed to be paid and are worried that future retirees will be properly paid, too?

Your station is stupid.

Oldfart

Your station is in an uproar because current retirees are being paid what they're supposed to be paid and are worried that future retirees will be properly paid, too?

Your station is stupid.
MFE has to make his coworkers miserable. Nothing clears a room like misery and despair. Just ask bacha and operational.

Oldfart

By the way, I believe you will have to withdraw on your PPP at 70.5 years. Might be wrong on that, but pretty sure I read that somewhere.
I called Retirement again today. I was told as long as you have met your RMD to satisfy IRS rules, there is no age that you must begin to draw your Portable. That no risk 4% return is very appealing when you get old like me.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
MFE has to make his coworkers miserable. Nothing clears a room like misery and despair. Just ask bacha and operational.
pr1-1.jpg

fedex_rtd

Reading wasn't your strong point in school was it. I was asked about the repercussions on the deal. I have no idea because I haven't received anything in the mail or studied up on it. I am well versed in the overall retirement plan but will study up on this new plan in due time. I am sure you have plenty of time to read up on it being that you are alone in a country with no family. Bummer

Fedex has always had a problem with their pension obligations, they are anything but fully funded.

fedex_rtd

Your coworkers did the happy dance the day you left

Yeh...I’m thinking oldfart real name is John Baker...what a dick head, he retired a few months ago, and 90% of the station was happy as :censored2: when he left.

What’s sad to see is that this guy is so lonely and miserable with only his wife to talk to, is that he drops by the station late at night to chat with the 10% that don’t find him repulsive.

Oldfart

Yeh...I’m thinking oldfart real name is John Baker...what a dick head, he retired a few months ago, and 90% of the station was happy as :censored2: when he left.

What’s sad to see is that this guy is so lonely and miserable with only his wife to talk to, is that he drops by the station late at night to chat with the 10% that don’t find him repulsive.
My identity has been revealed. I still wear my uniform even though I am retired. I am in Long Pond, Pa this weekend for the Nascar race. Tune in and maybe you will see me in my Fedex uniform at the races.

vantexan

My identity has been revealed. I still wear my uniform even though I am retired. I am in Long Pond, Pa this weekend for the Nascar race. Tune in and maybe you will see me in my Fedex uniform at the races.
Everyone would think you're there supporting the FedEx team. It gets weird when you go swimming in your uniform though.

fedex_rtd

Won't be retiring on my pension. Chances are I won't ever spend a dime of my PP account unless I live to my 90's. Gonna let it sit and grow 4% and let my kids have it. My 401k is my basis for retirement. Just as it will be for most people with discipline. Tex wasn't willing to sacrifice and now has to live half way around the world from him family. He is always making excuses for not saving money. No matter how much or how little you make you have to think about the future. Tex didn't and now is living the consequences. Bummer

What Old crap in his pants forgets to tell you is that his wife is the primary breadwinner in his household, and she runs the finances. If it was not for her job supporting his white trash ass, he would be picking cans out of the trash to take to the recycling center.