No comments about the Pension news today

Oldfart

What Old crap in his pants forgets to tell you is that his wife is the primary breadwinner in his household, and she runs the finances. If it was not for her job supporting his white trash ass, he would be picking cans out of the trash to take to the recycling center.
You mean my wife that retired over a year ago? As usual, your facts are incorrect, but what else is new. Don't be a hater. While I am enjoying the sights and sounds of the Pocono Mountains and leaving the race, you are already dreading the alarm clock going off tomorrow because you have to go to a job you hate dearly. I am just glad the fiscal year started so I can get all my 3 and 4 day weekends worked out for ball games and races. Life is good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your station is in an uproar because current retirees are being paid what they're supposed to be paid and are worried that future retirees will be properly paid, too?

Your station is stupid.

I responded to this stupidity, and the moderators just deleted it, so I never know if what I post will make it on here or not. Is it censorship, or someone who just can't stand me disagreeing with you? It doesn't seem to matter to you that FedEx just walked away from their end of the bargain on the pension. Maybe you'll get paid, but maybe not, and if you don't, Fred won't have any liabilities.

So, I'll skip the final post I mentioned because it will either be deleted, edited, or otherwise changed into something that is not my "work".

The fact you're still here means they're still paying you to spread disinformation. I'm guessing the new job is just a lie. Bye, all.

R1a had it right, and just like him, I'm walking away.

Oldfart

I responded to this stupidity, and the moderators just deleted it, so I never know if what I post will make it on here or not. Is it censorship, or someone who just can't stand me disagreeing with you? It doesn't seem to matter to you that FedEx just walked away from their end of the bargain on the pension. Maybe you'll get paid, but maybe not, and if you don't, Fred won't have any liabilities.

So, I'll skip the final post I mentioned because it will either be deleted, edited, or otherwise changed into something that is not my "work".

The fact you're still here means they're still paying you to spread disinformation. I'm guessing the new job is just a lie. Bye, all.

The custodian overlooked some trash again. Just can't find good help.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

They gave the pension and the obligation to administer it to a company that is good at doing so. Don't see the problem.

Excuses, excuses.

LOL!!! We thought you were already gone.

But you're right, you're just like R1a: all hat, no cattle. Crazy predictions that never came true, claims of all sorts of insider knowledge that never reflected reality, and the delusions that you were really fighting some kind of fight and that others took you seriously.

Just like that big website you were going to start. Just like all those times that it was imminent that you were leaving, staying only because you (or your wife - the story kept changing) needed the benefits and hers hadn't kicked in yet. Blah blah blah, whatever, dude.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Excellent article Makavelli. As is the case with just about every insurer those who are in line for benefits must remain vigilant and be prepared to fight in order to receive them .[/QUOTE]
you get nothing

Oldfart

Appears if you're already receiving benefits you're ok. The risk comes from those who haven't started yet and weren't able to be reached.[/QUOTE]
Any idiot who has retired and hasn't reached out to their pension holder deserves to be left out. Who falls off the radar and makes themselves hard to locate when it comes time to receive your pension?

McFeely

Huge Member
Can you guys learn how to use the quote function? You’re making this difficult to read with this hangover.

Thanks in advance. Carry on-

vantexan

[/QUOTE]
Any idiot who has retired and hasn't reached out to their pension holder deserves to be left out. Who falls off the radar and makes themselves hard to locate when it comes time to receive your pension?[/QUOTE]
There are people who worked for companies with a pension plan long enough to qualify for a minimum pension, but left that company to work elsewhere. Sometimes decades go by and they forgot or were never aware they may have a few hundred a month coming to them. I worked in quite a few stations with a lot of people and it was a bit shocking how little some people knew about what they were eligible for.

Oldfart

Once again, you have to be an idiot to work at a company and not know you have a pension coming to you. I don't care how long ago or how many jobs ago, it is your responsibility to stay on the grid, know your available benefits and make sure the proper parties have proper contact information.

vantexan

Once again, you have to be an idiot to work at a company and not know you have a pension coming to you. I don't care how long ago or how many jobs ago, it is your responsibility to stay on the grid, know your available benefits and make sure the proper parties have proper contact information.
Well it certainly gives you the opportunity to call someone an idiot. You never shy away from the chance to put someone down.

Oldfart

Well it certainly gives you the opportunity to call someone an idiot. You never shy away from the chance to put someone down.
Yep. Do people forget they have money in the bank? Do people forget they have money at Schwab or Vanguard? I would hope the answer to both is no. Then they shouldn't forget they have money coming to them from a pension. Personal responsibility.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yep. Do people forget they have money in the bank? Do people forget they have money at Schwab or Vanguard? I would hope the answer to both is no. Then they shouldn't forget they have money coming to them from a pension. Personal responsibility.
Why are you so worried about other peoples pensions?