No Flr 1,2,3,4

menotyou

bella amicizia
Because your career at UPS will go alot smoother if you occasionally cooperate?
I spent 5 years trying to 'cooperate'. I got injured, accused of theft of a $21, 000 package that just happens to be the person I live with's medicine and that accusation included an attempted murder insinuation. I was not allowed to enter the building, except to get my air truck when I was shop steward. Why? Because I actually held them accountable to the contract. I have had them pull more crap in the my time with UPS than most of you on here can imagine. I have cooperated, brown monster, no matter what you and Nuancy think. I suggest transferring to Black River for a few months, then run your trap some more about how it must just be me. Until then, try cooperating.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who is this "business agent" and how do I get ahold of him?

Shop Steward.

This is not true.

The BA works out the union hall while the shop stewards work out of the center. The BA cannot always be there and relies on the shop stewards to be their eyes and ears at the local level. Shop stewards assist members with minor issues and will help them prepare grievances when these issues cannot be resolved locally.

The choice of whether you sign or not is yours but you should know that, sign or not, you will be expected to comply with the directives on the sheet of paper. Much of the training for drivers has been transferred to the DIADs.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just answered a simple question.
No, you didn't. You singled me out, again, as being the uncooperative one. I simply pointed out how wrong you are in you assumption that I am uncooperative. That little list of what I have been through is a pittance to what else I have been through because a certain labor sup has a hair up his poop chute. I am sick and tired of your little innuendoes where I am concerned. If you firmly believe that everyone should mind their own business, then by all means take your own advice for once.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yet you want to go back?
Do I look like the type to let that B@#$$%d in Salt City get me? I have watched Psycho Susie walk down the road and I am still here. The walking D!c$&tick is on his last legs. The three amigos have been broken. For a group that was so set on breaking me and a few others, who ended up cashing out? I am still here. If I go back, it will be on my terms. If I don't, it will be on my terms.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Because your career at UPS will go alot smoother if you occasionally cooperate?
And, I would like an answer to this. Why is it when the managers knowingly violate the contract by asking you to sign something knowing full well that it means nothing, why am I the uncooperative one when I insist they comply with a mutually agreed upon section of said contract?

Packmule

What happens when I have 4 exceptionally large packages at a stop? There is wisdom in the basic idea, but so much micromanagment usually backfires more often than it helps.

Johney

This is not true.

The BA works out the union hall while the shop stewards work out of the center. The BA cannot always be there and relies on the shop stewards to be their eyes and ears at the local level.
Upstate the question was "How do i contact my business agent"? So I told him. I don't know about you but I have no idea how to contact my business agent with out going through my shop steward. So I don't believe I gave bad info. So I think you need to re-evaluate your post.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
And, I would like an answer to this. Why is it when the managers knowingly violate the contract by asking you to sign something knowing full well that it means nothing, why am I the uncooperative one when I insist they comply with a mutually agreed upon section of said contract?

I don't consider a driver release re-certification an extra contract agreement.

thessalonian13

The rules is suppose to work like this: If your floor 1,2,3,4 has 5 packages or less then it goes to the shelf; 6 packages or more are suppose to stay on the floor.
YOU ARE WRONG ON THIS RULE!!!! I had a stop with 28 boxes of paper that is normally loaded in rear door left that got relocated to my 3000 section. Another stop with 14 packages (bus parts. real heavy) normally loaded on FL4 that was also relocated to 3000 section. And another stop on FL3 with 18 packages that was relocated to my 3000 section. Out of the 224 packages I delivered today, 108 of them were relocated to the 3000 section. Management has reached a new level of stupidity that no other corporation will ever achieve. Management should be very proud of their cluelessness!!!!!!! Just when you think they can't get any dumber, they come up with a new way to surprise you. I won't even bother to complain to them. It will just take me an hour longer to do my job. I will take my extra 5 or 6 hours of overtime a week and laugh at them when they come whining to me about production and numbers. Or the lack of them. LMFAO

Last edited:

PackageManager

It was clearly explained to the dispatchers here. This is NOT to drive bulk stops onto the shelves it is only to place low package (1-4 package) stops a day back to the shelves. Your dispatcher obviously doesn't understand or it wasn't expalined fully to her/him. I have heard our manager stress repeatedly there are exceptions to every rule and our goal isn't to drive this to zero exceptions.

PackageManager

I'm not incredibly up-to-speed on how the dispatch plans work, but it does occur to me that on any given day, a business may order more than 5 or less than 5 packages; point being, unless the dispatch program has an if->then->else functionality built into it, the PDS has to dig through all floor stops and move them around the trucks appropriately. Additionally, drivers who have specific stops in specific spots are no longer afforded that luxury, and must dig around to some extent.

From a loaders perspective, too, maybe there are only 4 packages for Bubba's Gumball Emporium, but they are massive (either dimensionally or weight); clearly, they are not going on the shelf. Admittedly, I don't think that is a problem, as large boxes should not be on the shelf; regardless, this strikes me as more a "rule of dispatch" than a "rule of loading".

Thinking further, it also occurs to me that using the DataTool available from SharePoint, there is a button in the far right column (Production tools? or something to that effect) that will report on any floor stops that have 5 packages or less, alleviating the need for the PDS to manually hunt for stops that meet the specified conditions.

I can't speak for other centers, and can only make observations based on where I am employed: our PDS is stressed to the max, and on some days, can barely hold on to their sanity; this floor stop rule is not inherently bad, but it is just one more thing to do that they do not have time to do. Problems resulting from this rule may be contributed to by the fact that most PDS' have similar problems as our own, or that they are not totally comfortable with the dispatch software which, in my limited experience, is a Matryoshka doll of spreadsheets, charts, tables, etc .. and is not necessarily the most user friendly program I've ever used.

The goal is only to move those stops that have less than 5 packages each day. Not for the PDS to look for them everyday. And if the Gumball Emporium gets nothing but cube then it would be an acceptable exception.

thessalonian13

It was clearly explained to the dispatchers here. This is NOT to drive bulk stops onto the shelves it is only to place low package (1-4 package) stops a day back to the shelves. Your dispatcher obviously doesn't understand or it wasn't expalined fully to her/him. I have heard our manager stress repeatedly there are exceptions to every rule and our goal isn't to drive this to zero exceptions.
Talking to our dispatcher is an exercise in futility. He is dumber than a doorknob. His only answer to any question you ask him is: "It looks fine to me" and then walks away. I will let them screw up my truck all they want. At this point I don't give a crap.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Talking to our dispatcher is an exercise in futility. He is dumber than a doorknob. His only answer to any question you ask him is: "It looks fine to me" and then walks away. I will let them screw up my truck all they want. At this point I don't give a crap.

Yours too? I would rather talk to a brick wall than our dispatcher, at least then I KNOW nothing will change. Our dispatcher will throw her arms up as if to say "what do you want me to do?"