No Flr 1,2,3,4

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Same here, They moved a bulk stop that I had loaded in fl1 to the shelves so now when I del the 1da I cant get to the ground and have to go back later. I just say something once and thats it, if you dont want to fix it. just pay me the overtime.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Talking to our dispatcher is an exercise in futility. He is dumber than a doorknob. His only answer to any question you ask him is: "It looks fine to me" and then walks away. I will let them screw up my truck all they want. At this point I don't give a crap.

Yours too? I would rather talk to a brick wall than our dispatcher, at least then I KNOW nothing will change. Our dispatcher will throw her arms up as if to say "what do you want me to do?"
Seems to be a common problem. Pretty much all the major troubles in my center right now can be traced directly to the incompetent stooge who is screwing up our dispatch on a daily basis. It's easily the worst that it's ever been right now and that's saying quite a bit.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
There is tons of things you cant get done anymore, you cant get consignees put in your DIAD, you get old ones take out, you cant get new streets put in your diad and bad paper streets taken out ,You cant get it loaded the way you want and the dispatch is so screw-up you always have two drivers delivering one street in the middle of the woods. Just think how far we made it as a company, you gotta love technology.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is tons of things you cant get done anymore, you cant get consignees put in your DIAD, you get old ones take out, you cant get new streets put in your diad and bad paper streets taken out ,You cant get it loaded the way you want and the dispatch is so screw-up you always have two drivers delivering one street in the middle of the woods. Just think how far we made it as a company, you gotta love technology.
I am shocked someone let this one pass. Oh, that's right. I didn't say it. I forgot. Oopsy!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Talking to our dispatcher is an exercise in futility. He is dumber than a doorknob. His only answer to any question you ask him is: "It looks fine to me" and then walks away. I will let them screw up my truck all they want. At this point I don't give a crap.

Yours too? I would rather talk to a brick wall than our dispatcher, at least then I KNOW nothing will change. Our dispatcher will throw her arms up as if to say "what do you want me to do?"

Seems to be a common problem. Pretty much all the major troubles in my center right now can be traced directly to the incompetent stooge who is screwing up our dispatch on a daily basis. It's easily the worst that it's ever been right now and that's saying quite a bit.

In light of this obviously being a common problem in various locations, I submit that the problem maybe not be the dumbest managers being assigned to dispatching in the preload.
Perhaps the indictment may be more fittingly attached to the system and the lack of resources allocated to its maintainence?

BBAK

Banned
The day before I retire I'm gonna hide my Diad in the back of a mail truck and watch dispatch wonder why I keep stopping every 30 seconds.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In light of this obviously being a common problem in various locations, I submit that the problem maybe not be the dumbest managers being assigned to dispatching in the preload.
Perhaps the indictment may be more fittingly attached to the system and the lack of resources allocated to its maintainence?
Who runs the system? Management. They are, at least at my center, too busy doing hourly work.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My dispatcher must have a brother from another mother!!!

Indecisi0n

It's works the way its suppose to here. I have a business that had only 4 packages. They are normally loaded FL1 but instead they were PALed to 1000 section.

S

splozi

It's works the way its suppose to here. I have a business that had only 4 packages. They are normally loaded FL1 but instead they were PALed to 1000 section.

If it works that way then it really makes sense. One of my trucks frequently gets ONE package PAL'd to FLR3, or two packages as RDR. Pretty annoying for a loader who actually wants to produce a quality load that the driver doesn't have to friend around in to find stuff.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Ok Thursday was a topper for this new Idea, the system took my stuf off the floor since monday to wednesday the stop only had 8 pieces total, but then comes thursday, and 55 packages, all loaded in the 3000 section.

This is brillant I now have to work around what would be my 1st stop since I cant get it out the back door, for 2 hours. Finally I get to my huge bulk stop late I might add, I then have to carry 50 plus packages though my PC to the rear and on too the loading dock. This turns a 15 minute of so stop into a 40 minute stop, not to mention the time that was added to my day by having to work around said bulk stop for 2 hours.

This folks is how UPS saves money, they pay me an extra hour of work, plus the over 10 time bonus, because some fool up the line who most likely has never even stepped into a PC thinks this is smart.

That is my rant for the day, have a nice weekend.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They CAN put that bulk stop back on the floor. We have a few floor stops that were put on the shelf because of a low avg of pieces. Mgt is manually over riding some of these stops, putting back on the floor for exactly the reason you described.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They CAN put that bulk stop back on the floor. We have a few floor stops that were put on the shelf because of a low avg of pieces. Mgt is manually over riding some of these stops, putting back on the floor for exactly the reason you described.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today was my first day of dealing with this new initiative. It was a bit frustrating at first but thankfully there wasn't too much bulk. I would raise hell if they threw a 55 piece bulk stop on to a shelf.