Is no hire back status permenant

• no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I worked as a Custom Broker at the UPS Brokerage operation from 1998 until I returned to full-time studies in 2008. During my 10 years at UPS I successfully obtained a Canadian Society of Certified Customer Broker designation and was advanced to a senior department, had no disciplinary issues and had perfect attendance.

After some time I decided at the time for personal enrichment to pursue education in a field that was a passion of mine being graphics and photography so as a result I went to college full time and reluctantly at the time had to suspend my career at UPS, later after my course I found some employment in my field however it was not stable but contract jobs which ended.
Recently I entered the job market again for a career path with more stability which suited me like I had with UPS and noticed on the Canada Job bank UPS was looking to hire in various position here where I live. I did apply online and have been doing so on a continuous routine bases as they are always posting these positions. After not hearing back I decided to visit UPS office I worked at. I did speak to the head of the HR department and was told bluntly there is no way I can come back and simply forget about it “they don't want people coming back”. I was frustrated and think this is somewhat of an unfair practice for the reason they are having issues finding quality people and constantly posting jobs. And I was a quality employee with perfect attendance and 10 years of service who left at the time for school on good terms.
I think this is really a foolish BS policy on their part and it is frustrating me to the point where I feel the need to contact the labor board to get anywhere. I am a quality employee who would not have to be retrained and who would stay long term with this company as I have in the past. I think 10 years of service with good attendance in the past is not to bad due to the fact I hear they are now hiring people would only stay 6 months. I was not looking to get reinstated with the same pay and benefits I had when I left but simply to start as a new hire again and stay there. I am currently working my 4th year as a causal in a liquor store with no benefits, no vacation, micro management, drunk people, long hrs with little to no overtime pay and a schedule that is always changing I would drop this current job for what I had before with UPS.

So, UPS hired you, trained you and spent a lot of money on you.

You worked for 10 years and then quit.

And you wonder why UPS will not hire you back.

How long until you quit again?

UPS does not like quitters.

Move on.

watdaflock?

By your excellent typing skills and understanding of the English language, you look way overqualified to work for UPS.

Keep calling people. Work your way up the food chain. Good luck.