Is no hire back status permenant

• no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Butt, that sup is long gone... Is there an internal note on that file on the reason?

Then the current sup can look at it an use common sense to lift it or leave it permanent

bbsam

Staff member
@Shannon78

You're taking company policy far too personally. It is what it is. The sooner you move on from trying to get back to UPS, the sooner you get into your career.

john chesney

Butt, that sup is long gone... Is there an internal note on that file on the reason?

Then the current sup can look at it an use common sense to lift it or leave it permanent
I can’t even get my supervisor to do anything for me and I work there

john chesney

Please do not use supervisor and common sense in the same sentence. That might be why you’re on the no rehire list

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I worked as a Custom Broker at the UPS Brokerage operation from 1998 until I returned to full-time studies in 2008. During my 10 years at UPS I successfully obtained a Canadian Society of Certified Customer Broker designation and was advanced to a senior department, had no disciplinary issues and had perfect attendance.

After some time I decided at the time for personal enrichment to pursue education in a field that was a passion of mine being graphics and photography so as a result I went to college full time and reluctantly at the time had to suspend my career at UPS, later after my course I found some employment in my field however it was not stable but contract jobs which ended.
Recently I entered the job market again for a career path with more stability which suited me like I had with UPS and noticed on the Canada Job bank UPS was looking to hire in various position here where I live. I did apply online and have been doing so on a continuous routine bases as they are always posting these positions. After not hearing back I decided to visit UPS office I worked at. I did speak to the head of the HR department and was told bluntly there is no way I can come back and simply forget about it “they don't want people coming back”. I was frustrated and think this is somewhat of an unfair practice for the reason they are having issues finding quality people and constantly posting jobs. And I was a quality employee with perfect attendance and 10 years of service who left at the time for school on good terms.
I think this is really a foolish BS policy on their part and it is frustrating me to the point where I feel the need to contact the labor board to get anywhere. I am a quality employee who would not have to be retrained and who would stay long term with this company as I have in the past. I think 10 years of service with good attendance in the past is not to bad due to the fact I hear they are now hiring people would only stay 6 months. I was not looking to get reinstated with the same pay and benefits I had when I left but simply to start as a new hire again and stay there. I am currently working my 4th year as a causal in a liquor store with no benefits, no vacation, micro management, drunk people, long hrs with little to no overtime pay and a schedule that is always changing I would drop this current job for what I had before with UPS.
Well, chasing one's dreams sometimes backfires?

mQZzqn.gif

DieHardUPSER

HR can override those codes if they choose The fact that they won't may indicate that you screwed up somehow while at UPS or they are not that big of a need of a person as you may think. Just because they keep posting the job means nothing. They may be looking for the perfect candidate and are willing to wait for them even if it means leaving the seat unfilled for awhile. Just because you did the job 10 years ago does not mean you can still do the job to their standards now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was an image tech for 2 years but got laid off as the funding for the trade dried up. I am thinking of going to school again at 40 almost. I have friends who still work for UPS and they think it is total BS as well since I did leave on good terms and its a friend*&king decade almost now. They are always trying to fill positions but won't consider hiring someone who they know will stay long term and who is training. Whatever I might just decide to work for myself in the end the good jobs where I live are few and far.
At 40 it's probably time to figure something out.

DOK

Sup that put me on it told me on my exit interview "if things don't work out let him know" after sometime I found out this sup got :censored2: canned for misusing the corporate credit card. Now he is a fleet manager for a competitor. No wonder people go postal

So you're on the "no re-hire list"? I'm confused? How did you get on the list if you left on good terms, perfect attendance, etc..?

StudleyDoRight

I’ll put this in a way that might make sense to you.

You left your wife for “someone you’re really passionate about”. You did everything by the book and told her face to face that you were leaving.

Then, you get dropped on your ass by your new found love and come crawling back. Both of you know the only reason you’re back is your little pipe dream didn’t work out.

Neither employers (or lovers, in this analogy) are running an open charity for the downtrodden and destitute. There’s a degree of loyalty they expect from ranks of a certain caliber. You separate at that level and they’re the ones who’d be stupid to take you back - you left with high level knowledge of trade operations.

I’m 28 years old and I grew up having several different career aspirations like any kid, but when you get that first full-time paycheck, you best damn well know where your bread gets buttered.

40 years old is not a time to be “thinking about taking some classes”. I flipped my :censored2: when I read that line.

Btw, I don’t know the job market for an imaging tech in Canada but there is no shortage of demand in the US. I’m highly skeptical that “funding” was enough of a cause to both lose your job and not find another one.

I’m getting a strong feeling you’re leaving a bad taste in people’s mouths every where you go, or you’d have some solid and willing references to give you that push to your next venture.

Just my $0.02.

bbsam

Staff member
I keep praying for the day when UPS will come to their senses, remove my "No Rehire" status, and my contact in Atlanta will call me frantically begging me to come back. He'll probably offer me 24 years worth of back pay and "pain and suffering" compensation also.

I already have my response prepared:

"Suck it bitches!"