No Holiday Pay

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok so the told me this morning its because I have a Term Date of 11/20. Wtf does that mean??

Both the Union and MGMT are looking into it.

This would have been a great question for whoever you were talking to

Yet you chose to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet who have no idea what you’re going on about

smh

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

DriverNerd

This would have been a great question for whoever you were talking to

Yet you chose to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet who have no idea what you’re going on about

smh
Well, since he said "both the union and management are looking into it" that probably means he did ask them about it.

Inthegame

Not once.

But, there is no additional pay for working on a Holiday.
Or penalty pay for payroll errors.

I'd bounce the office phone to my cell on holidays. Confused the hell out of an inebriated member who called at 9PM on Thanksgiving when I answered. He was trying to leave a snarky message of how no one at the hall responds to his calls.

Big Rigger

Or penalty pay for payroll errors.

I'd bounce the office phone to my cell on holidays. Confused the hell out of an inebriated member who called at 9PM on Thanksgiving when I answered. He was trying to leave a snarky message of how no one at the hall responds to his calls.
they don't make em like you anymore.

Big Rigger

Referring to elected leaders- they shouldn't get extra. They get enough already.
You don't really know or understand what compensation of elected or appointed leaders may be.

First, it depends on the local size and it's finances.
Secondly, BAs and officers often have different salaries.
Third, the salary is often not great due to the fact the good ones always stay on call to truly serve the membership who pays their wages.

Most ups drivers make more in compensation than the BAs that protect their jobs and fight for better compensation for hourly workers at contract time.
All of the hourly workers can punch out and forget about work until their next start time. Not elected officials. Saturday and Sunday calls are a given.

Depending on many factors, some political, the officials and BAs can lose their jobs every 36 months. Few hourlies have that fear,,,,,except for good stewards.

Figuring the hourly rate vs staying hourly bargaining unit employees it is often not very fair compensation and the officers pay dues equal to the highest dues paid by bargaining unit workers in their local so pray there aren't any pilots covered in your local cba!

And,,,,,the buffets are predominantly shut down due to COVID restrictions.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You don't really know or understand what compensation of elected or appointed leaders may be.

First, it depends on the local size and it's finances.
Secondly, BAs and officers often have different salaries.
Third, the salary is often not great due to the fact the good ones always stay on call to truly serve the membership who pays their wages.

Most ups drivers make more in compensation than the BAs that protect their jobs and fight for better compensation for hourly workers at contract time.
All of the hourly workers can punch out and forget about work until their next start time. Not elected officials. Saturday and Sunday calls are a given.

Depending on many factors, some political, the officials and BAs can lose their jobs every 36 months. Few hourlies have that fear,,,,,except for good stewards.

Figuring the hourly rate vs staying hourly bargaining unit employees it is often not very fair compensation and the officers pay dues equal to the highest dues paid by bargaining unit workers in their local so pray there aren't any pilots covered in your local cba!

And,,,,,the buffets are predominantly shut down due to COVID restrictions.
I know much more about it than you think. But I'm glad that you have amazing people working for you. And please show me these leaders that are working weekends and holidays. You have a right to your opinion- but I do as well.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Not to mention.... the elected officials salary is based on 40 hrs a week.

Who works that ?

And then, there are those pesky Local Union Bylaws.

If you accept the car allowance and the Union paid cell phone.... you are on-call 24/7.

You have a right to your opinion- but I do as well.

Absolutely.

But, other people (myself included) have more of an informed opinion.... on what actually happens.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not to mention.... the elected officials salary is based on 40 hrs a week.

Who works that ?

And then, there are those pesky Local Union Bylaws.

If you accept the car allowance and the Union paid cell phone.... you are on-call 24/7.

Absolutely.

But, other people (myself included) have more of an informed opinion.... on what actually happens.

-Bug-
That's funny- two of our business agents are paid 60 hours at Feeder rate. Plus a vehicle. Plus all the food they can eat. Can't find them with a search warrant after 12:00 p.m. Friday. So I am very well informed. Must be they put in 14 hours Monday through Friday? Sorry Big UPS Man- but I'm very informed.

Inthegame

That's funny- two of our business agents are paid 60 hours at Feeder rate. Plus a vehicle. Plus all the food they can eat. Can't find them with a search warrant after 12:00 p.m. Friday. So I am very well informed. Must be they put in 14 hours Monday through Friday? Sorry Big UPS Man- but I'm very informed.
Hmmm...you sure about that?

Our BA's eat on their dime. The local pays only when on business, and auditors frown on in town business.

You can read all about that in the back pages.

Big Rigger

I know much more about it than you think. But I'm glad that you have amazing people working for you. And please show me these leaders that are working weekends and holidays. You have a right to your opinion- but I do as well.
MANY local officers in my state, and I personally know many, will and do take calls on weekends plus answer phone calls on shifts that you would deem to be harassment in nature.

I used to be bitter like you (for years) but we did something about the root of our long term issues.
Of anyone on here i would understand how you feel but I would never, and I mean never, lump IBT officers together because many union members appreciate and thank their representation for doing what they do.
The job ain't what it seems on the outside.
Often, it's community service babysitting.

What'dyabringmetoday???

MANY local officers in my state, and I personally know many, will and do take calls on weekends plus answer phone calls on shifts that you would deem to be harassment in nature.

I used to be bitter like you (for years) but we did something about the root of our long term issues.
Of anyone on here i would understand how you feel but I would never, and I mean never, lump IBT officers together because many union members appreciate and thank their representation for doing what they do.
The job ain't what it seems on the outside.
Often, it's community service babysitting.
They are supposed to be available "at a moment's notice" per our by-laws. Bitter. Lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are supposed to be available "at a moment's notice" per our by-laws. Bitter. Lol.

You're taking that too literally and there is a wide berth associated with it.

"In such instances where the Local Union provides an automobile or provides an allowance for the use of the automobile, it is

recognized that such officers or employees are required to be on instant call at all times, may be required to garage such car, and are

responsible for it's safe keeping. Accordingly, for the convenience of the Union and the officers and employees, such officers and

employees shall be permitted private use when the car is not required on Union business."

It is standard "boilerplate" language for Local Union Bylaws.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

You're taking that too literally and there is a wide berth associated with it.

"In such instances where the Local Union provides an automobile or provides an allowance for the use of the automobile, it is

recognized that such officers or employees are required to be on instant call at all times, may be required to garage such car, and are

responsible for it's safe keeping. Accordingly, for the convenience of the Union and the officers and employees, such officers and

employees shall be permitted private use when the car is not required on Union business."

It is standard "boilerplate" language for Local Union Bylaws.

-Bug-
And as I said- can't find them with a search warrant after noon on a Friday, but they definitely like to use those vehicles. Why do you take this personally? If you aren't corrup it shouldn't matter when the corruption of others get pointed out. Ohhhhh- that brotherhood thing. Lol.