No longer allowed to sweep the floors...

UPS Preloader

UPS is cutting back again. Was informed today that the janitors/porters hours were cut and they are no longer allowed to sweep the floors. They are only allowed to pick the bigger stuff up by hand. Looking forward to being a thorn in their side over this one...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
UPS is cutting back again. Was informed today that the janitors/porters hours were cut and they are no longer allowed to sweep the floors. They are only allowed to pick the bigger stuff up by hand. Looking forward to being a thorn in their side over this one...

Bending over and picking stuff up is supposed to be more efficient than sweeping, how?

barnyard

KTM rider
Our barn looks like a barn. There is still sand and road salt on the floor from last winter where I park. A guy a couple of spots down swept a path where he walks to the door of his PC. The pile is over 6 inches deep.

If I did not know any better, I would think that I worked in a sales barn.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our barn looks like a barn. There is still sand and road salt on the floor from last winter where I park. A guy a couple of spots down swept a path where he walks to the door of his PC. The pile is over 6 inches deep.

If I did not know any better, I would think that I worked in a sales barn.
Your center has looked dismal for years. I could never figure out how they can deliver so much out of that little building. My old center isn't any better --after having been rebuilt twice after major fires. I'm amazed the City Fathers haven't came down on them to clean up their site.

542thruNthru

Your center has looked dismal for years. I could never figure out how they can deliver so much out of that little building. My old center isn't any better --after having been rebuilt twice after major fires. I'm amazed the City Fathers haven't came down on them to clean up their site.

The City Fathers? Lol

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
It’s getting near the end of the quarter. Time to stock up on toilet paper, paper towels for your locker. Fuel your tractor every night. Write up your DVIR daily to get things fix. The next three weeks could be a rough one! They are about to shell out some big money soon.....

It’s getting near the end of the quarter. Time to stock up on toilet paper, paper towels for your locker. Fuel your tractor every night. Write up your DVIR daily to get things fix. The next three weeks could be a rough one! They are about to shell out some big money soon.....
They are scrapping all red tag vehicles this week and putting that money on this quarters balance sheet.....

bowhnterdon

All it takes is a group grievance over conditions.
Incorrect.We filed and went to Panel with it.The Grievance was sent back to the Local to settle. Things were better for about 2 weeks,now the mounds of pizza,chicken bones,and a few NDA letters for good measure,are everywhere. I have documented with pictures,videos to no avail. The Teamsters used to brag about better working conditions for their members. No more..

542thruNthru

Incorrect.We filed and went to Panel with it.The Grievance was sent back to the Local to settle. Things were better for about 2 weeks,now the mounds of pizza,chicken bones,and a few NDA letters for good measure,are everywhere. I have documented with pictures,videos to no avail. The Teamsters used to brag about better working conditions for their members. No more..

So file again and have the local handle it again.

CentralSup

We have pits in our building where the water from the washers flows when they wash cars. Its indoor washing, no tunnels at our building. Every few months the pits fill up and water starts pooling at all the pits. Usually a company comes out during the day between sorts when the building is empty and they come with a big tanker and hose and suck it all up.

I think it is P.E. that schedules it all, but they wont have the company come out and empty our pits. So we cant wash anymore cars, and there are small lakes everywhere in our building at each pit.

Been talking to center manager and other ft sups and they just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯