No longer allowed to sweep the floors...

UPS Preloader

Our barn looks like a barn. There is still sand and road salt on the floor from last winter where I park. A guy a couple of spots down swept a path where he walks to the door of his PC. The pile is over 6 inches deep.

If I did not know any better, I would think that I worked in a sales barn.

Looking forward to it getting worse. Will then threaten to call OSHA. If they don’t fix it. Will file a complaint with OSHA.

1910.22(a)
Surface conditions. The employer must ensure:
1910.22(a)(1)
All places of employment, passageways, storerooms, service rooms, and walking-working surfaces are kept in a clean, orderly, and sanitary condition

UPS Preloader

We have pits in our building where the water from the washers flows when they wash cars. Its indoor washing, no tunnels at our building. Every few months the pits fill up and water starts pooling at all the pits. Usually a company comes out during the day between sorts when the building is empty and they come with a big tanker and hose and suck it all up.

I think it is P.E. that schedules it all, but they wont have the company come out and empty our pits. So we cant wash anymore cars, and there are small lakes everywhere in our building at each pit.

Been talking to center manager and other ft sups and they just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dry floors are an OSHA requirement.

Utility81

Eliminate porter jobs and outsource. Hire illegal's.
I was told something from this sales lady in the building. If you submit a lead in the diad, it automatically gets handled by people in Bangladesh. Granted, my Bangladesh browns are much better than my China browns. The “decision makers” you hook them up with get calls from weird out of country phone numbers and people with accents. She told me me to just call her with any leads.

35years

Gravy route
Porter work and job positions are protected by contract, here at least. If porters don't sweep, no one sweeps. 8 hours minimum, no contractors allowed.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I was told something from this sales lady in the building. If you submit a lead in the diad, it automatically gets handled by people in Bangladesh. Granted, my Bangladesh browns are much better than my China browns. The “decision makers” you hook them up with get calls from weird out of country phone numbers and people with accents. She told me me to just call her with any leads.
that's a disgrace considering how many sales people we have running around this company doing basically nothing

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A sales what???

Utility81

that's a disgrace considering how many sales people we have running around this company doing basically nothing
I’ll give it up to my centers sales guy. He got to one of mine a few weeks before I submitted it. Another one was a retention lead I told my center manager about and I’m sure he handled it. He looks like he is 12 but I guess he knows something about sales.